• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

⫸STICKY⫷ The Delphic Oracle- Know Thyself: P&S Social Ampitheatre of Doom

Confucius envisioned a society in which everyone was paid according to a formula which took into account how much their presence was vital to the maintenance of society. Farmers were at the top. Entertainers were on the bottom. Funny how ass backwards Confucius turned out to be with how that one panned out.

I don't like his name TBH - why I don't know - just a kneejerk reaction

It's a western bastardization of his chinese pen name: Kong Fuzi. (the final 'zi' is pronounced 'dzuh')

Confucius envisioned a society in which everyone was paid according to a formula which took into account how much their presence was vital to the maintenance of society. Farmers were at the top. Entertainers were on the bottom. Funny how ass backwards Confucius turned out to be with how that one panned out.

made good material for Mao to co-opt. I too vastly prefer the Daoist way to the Confucian schematic for ethical action.

I'll take Zhuangzi and pineaple on a pizza over Kongzi super cheese any day

edit : additional topping :
In general, Zhuangzi's philosophy is mildly skeptical, arguing that our life is limited and the amount of things to know is unlimited. To use the limited to pursue the unlimited, he said, was foolish. Our language and cognition in general presuppose a dao to which each of us is committed by our separate past—our paths. Consequently, we should be aware that our most carefully considered conclusions might seem misguided had we experienced a different past. "Our heart-minds are completed along with our bodies." Natural dispositions to behavior combine with acquired ones—including dispositions to use names of things, to approve/disapprove based on those names and to act in accordance to the embodied standards. Thinking about and choosing our next step down our dao or path is conditioned by this unique set of natural acquisitions.

B9 said:
I don't like his name TBH - why I don't know - just a kneejerk reaction
so you dont like confusionism eh

i would make one of these for sci and tech, but all of the nerds would just be posting pictures of their computers, and then their GHz and GB ram and their GB harddrive and its >7200rpm and their >677mhz bus speed somehow and their overclocked cpu and their nvidia with 256mb and their CD drive specifications and how many USB ports they have and repeat a few times that they even built the thing and they want feedback on how cool looking the case is and they list the keyboard unique features and the wireless type AGB with bluetooth and then the operating system and software preferences (though to them they arent preferences they are facts) and et al

heh

^thanks

you want to know how high-class mods are?

i was waiting at a park for my dealer just recently, he was takin a real fuckin long time and i couldnt hold my bladder anymore (i had to wait like an hour for the bastard). so i peed behind a tree, and some people that live in the house whose backyard i was peeing in came out! i was like 'dont look please im peein' then when i was done i said 'thanks for letting me use your tree, i feel much better now'. all i heard from them was first 'hello?' then a girl saying 'oh thats gross' while i was peeing for like three whole minutes cuz i had to hold it in so long:p

the good news is, i got my weed finally (though he ripped me off by 50%, and wont answer any calls... makes me wait an hour after repeatedly saying '2 minutes man' '20 minutes' '20 minutes' 20min later, rips off half the weed... wtf is wrong with people, how he became a dealer like that i have no clue), and now im smokin and watchin sci fi, favorite combo.

You're a pretty funny dude qwe.

You wanna know how classy BL mods can get? My campus has big beautiful blueberry bushes on it. Blueberries are in season right now. So I was studying in the building right next to some berry-laden bushes, and every hour or so when I needed a study break, I could be seen picking giant handfuls of blueberries that took 10 minutes to gather, and monging them. I've never seen any other students picking and eating campus blueberries, but hey, they're brain food. They're free. Why the fuck not. They were tasty too.

qwe said:
so you dont like confusionism eh
8o

I don't know - I don't like his name therefore I have nothing to do with him. ;)

^ lol i was trying to make a pun with his name, saying you dont like it cause it sounds confusing (notice sp. of confucianism if you didnt)

and thanks MDAO, i just try to be real frank about tabu things just to get reactions :p

anyway hopefully me and my girl will be rolling tonight! god knows she needs it...

ok maybe she didnt need that (see thread in ED) :(

though the part before the comedown was great, we had a great conversation...

then came down off the mda/mdma and realized the meth feeling was there, and lets just say, had a bad night

Last edited:
Does anyone happen to know the exact context of Gandhi's famous 'Be the change you wish to see in the world' quote?

Ebola, if there's one thing you've taught me here, it's the danger of taking some dead guy's witty aphorism out of context, the way many people do.

^ lol i was trying to make a pun with his name, saying you dont like it cause it sounds confusing (notice sp. of confucianism if you didnt)

I see( now) :eek:

MyDoorsAreOpen said:
Does anyone happen to know the exact context of Gandhi's famous 'Be the change you wish to see in the world' quote?

Is there a hidden context that most people don't know about? Or are you just opening up the possibility?

^^^ The latter. I think the true power of a famous quote can only be realized when it's heard or read in its original context, directed at its original audience. For example, Shakespeare's 'To be or not to be, that is the question' are the words of a man contemplating suicide, but that's not readily apparent unless you hear the entire soliloquy that follows.

For a more succinct example, a good number of people don't realize that 'A jack of all trades' used to be followed by 'is master of none.' That changes the implication a bit, donnit?

Hey this use of arrows - thusly ^^^ as demonstrated by MDAO in above post. When I use it the number of arrows indicates which post I'm referring to - so 3 arrows (^^^) would mean 3 posts above. Why & how do yous use em?