• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Things you'd never wear...

Nike or other sports type sneakers, even tho k-swiss running shoes are ok..

Pants in the summer, unless its like below 65F outside

briefs, gotta let me shit breathe, ahh

A backpack, unless I was in school or carrying so much shit it wouldn't fit in the 6pockets of my cargo shorts, odd one but seems like a lot of people carry them for no obvious reason

A helmet when riding my bike or (hypotheticly) the crotch rocket I'm going to get someday, I just don't feel theirs any reason to wear one

Super obvious druggie shirts/hoodies, I don't mean tye-dies or hippie band shorts, like pot leaves and stuff like that.. maybe at a festival or concert where everyone else is but not everyday type scnerios, I like to stay low key

Really tight t-shirts, this is more for everyones elses veiwing pleasure.. lol I'm not huge but at 5'10 190lbs I look better in a slightly looser fitting shirt, like an XL.

Really short shorts, see above, lol

Sandals, I wear sandals like 5-10 days out of the year, depending on how often I go on vacation/near the beach. Just don't like how my toes feel vulnerable, like what if someone ran over the edge of my toes? also I work in a heavy duty glass shop and people are always leaving chunks of broken glass on the floor and theres shit that could drop on your toes.

Those shorts that look like pants that are 6-8 inches too short..

Skater shoes, vans,airwalks,sketchers, had my fill of these in middle and high school, after switching to "shoe-boots", like low cut Columbia boots, I find that I need the upper and lower ankle support that the skater shows just don't have. Plus the boots I have are acceptable for warehouse work, doing outdoorsy shit, hanging out, every scenario short of formal.

thats all I got now, theres prolly stuff I'm forgetting..

a pink Lacoste polo shirt.

or any other 'golfing' style clothing.

^ good felix, haha - that is my most hated item of man clothing

Anyway, what's with all this hating of thongs? I live in them... Does that make me a loser? ;)

Jamshyd said:
^ Are the Palestinian scarves still in fashion?? They definitely aren't in bkk.

They are so in fashion here and are sold in the markets alongside vinyl pink wallets and marijuana-leaf bandanas :p

I would not again ever want to wear a business suit. They are so fucking uncomfortable in this weather.

I only wear shorts in my apartment only! or at the most dragging my laundry a few hundred feet to the other side of the complex to throw in the machines.
I hate shorts, with a passion. Just on myself though. I now think id just look ridiculous in any. White legs ... ugh ... and only own one pair, some Nike kind i bought when i still went to the gym.

I go fishing all the time, and people prob. look at me like im fucking crazy when its 90*F out and humid, and sitting out directly in the sun for hours on end in blue jeans, a long sleeve shirt (arms rolled up of course) and a beanie ;)

Jamshyd said:
^ Are the Palestinian scarves still in fashion?? They definitely aren't in bkk.
Yes, it's awful.

As for things I'd never wear, Palestinian scarves could safely go in the category.

Besides when I was a toddler, I have never worn blue jeans.
Never worn sandals/flip flops
Will never again wear a shirt with AE, Abercrombie, etc on it.
Never gonna wear baseball pants again, playing softball in shorts is just fine.
Any sleeveless shirt.
Under Armor.
Jewlery.:p

Jamshyd said:
I'd never wear anything with an Adidas or Tommy logo on it...

Extend that to any corporate logo whatsoever and that's me :).

Other than that I have a huge dislike of round-necked T-shirts - I'm a V-neck kinda guy cos I have bit of a "thing" about clavicles.

I love wearing my wifebeater at the gym :)

I wear shorts and sandals everywhere, slight feeling of liberation :)

Not like those nerdy strap around your ankle ones though, these are mine but lighter:
bir_arizona(brown).jpg

I hate tight clothes of any kind.
I do not look good in shorts (long skinny legs) but its too hot in NC NOT to wear shorts, so the world suffers my legs.
I hate the "square toe" look of shoes today.

My prefered style is BAGGY LOOSE kaki pants with a LOOSE T-shirt and lightweight hiking boots. If I can find jeans baggy enough I wear them.

Jamshyd must live in a cold climate. I feel like I look bad in shorts, but comfort rules for me.

Will

jaymie said:
he he he. siriusly? how silly. the chances of you enjoying his company because of the clothing he chooses not to wear are about 50/50. one might even ask, do you often base your friendships on whether or not they wear similar clothing as you? maybe Jamshyd has other things in common with you that aren't obvious from the outside.

different strokes for different folks my friend!

i dont think what he is saying has to do with clothes. i thin it's because he's assuming that the person is kind of anal. which would be my assumption as well. i could be wrong though

i never understood fasion. well i guess i understand it, i just personally think its superficial. granted people judge others by the clothes they wear, so i have to wear certain things to be accepted. but why does it matter what logo is on ur shirt? i could be taking this the wrong way, perhaps your just saying you think you look better wearing certain clothes, and thats fine.

but i dont think anyone should judge another person based on their fasion sense. Just remember that we are all animals. sometimes when people talk about fasion they sound so silly to me.

^ Those scarves are waaay out of place...

Two other things I DREAD wearing:

The Fanny Pack
fp1-040615-53-2.jpg

(A shirtless man with a treasure trail is curiously unattractive all of a sudden!)

Crocks
y1ppn7HLrCy5HA005rwWv8pyBqOxlThbTcPUecXZK78fcjGnOuSAnRJn_1w8OO23lStR7ii6Vug2H0

EEeewwww.

trancegirle said:
Boob tubes, just because they annoy me, i'm always feeling like i have to be pulling them up.

Boob tubes suck!

Jamshyd, crocs may be the ugliest shoes ever manufactured but they come in really handy at festivals.