• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Girls who grow up without fathers...

My somewhat limited experience of relationships with women who lost their father makes me suggest that the father leaving or dying when the girl is 12-14 seems to have the biggest negative impact. This isn't 'critical thought'... it's just something I have noticed in retrospect.

My 5 year old lost her father when she was 3. I still wonder what kind of effect this will have on her, and hope to the highest powers, it will effect her minimally.

She's never been sad about his death (probably through to lack of understanding), although she does realise she will never see him again. She discusses his death openly with her friend's at school, and brings it up regularly. She will often comment: "my daddy's dead... but he still loves me", with a glowing smile on her face. The innocence is so beautiful, I have to hide tears from her every time.

She was told that very line when he first died, and she's never forgotten it. I'm so glad she was told the truth as a young child, and hopefully she'll still be able to accept it by the time she's old enough to truly understand :).

I'm a girl and my biological father is a dick. I don't miss him at all and I am quite sure I'm just as much, if not more, well adjusted as my friends who have happy married families. One parent was plenty, so long as there's love.

Doppelganger said:

She will often comment: "my daddy's dead... but he still loves me", with a glowing smile on her face. The innocence is so beautiful, I have to hide tears from her every time.

She was told that very line when he first died, and she's never forgotten it.

Whoever told her that very line is one muthafuckin' beautiful, life-changing person.