• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

meth back pain

xEx

Bluelighter
i hope someone can explain this to me. why is it that after only a couple of hours, my back will start hurting while i'm tweakin. i drink plenty of water, i am not running around causing my body to do a lot of work, i'm not dancing, i'm just hanging around, and it hurts really bad. should i try magnesium? thanks for your help

I don't believe there is a good medical explanation for meth-induced aching, however, it is extremely common and there isn't much you can do about it. Drinking water and magnesium may help a bit but otherwise you just have to suck it up...

fairnymph, just want to say you are so incredibly knowledgeable, articulate, and unusually well-rounded in your knowledge-base. your presence on this site is definitely helping LOTS of people, and probably saving quite a few, too.

meth back pain originates from the tension/body load this drug places on your body. Not to mention the general fatigue one suffers being sped up so long, which is often accompanied with no sleep/no food, which only aggravates your body and causes it to do some wierd things (feel shitty).

^^^yeah--fairnymph rocks!! :D
anyways--i'll sometimes get back pain while tweaking. usually if i'm sitting down. if i stay in the same position for awhile, my back will start to hurt. if i prevent myself from moving around and "releasing" all the energy that is built up inside me--it just continues to build up, forming a pain/ache/cramp. also, i tend to shift my position a lot if i'm sitting/lying down, b/c no position stays comfortable for long. cause again--i have too much energy to be forcing myself to sit still
i dunno. i'm just guessing. i've definetly experienced back pain while tweaking--but i've never really thought about *WHY*. thanks for makin me think though :)
~kristen~

I have also experienced body ache when using not only speed but other drugs. I don't know what it is but I'll feel all fine then a few hours later my body will start to feel all sore & ache. I guess a lot has to do with the rush & not being able to stay still & get into everything. I wish I too had a explanation as to why this happens. The worse part is the next morning...

It's cos yer so focused on doing whatever that it can take a good hour or so before you move sometimes. Instead of changing positions you'll jiggle your foot or do mad things with your tongue, all the while your body is tensed up in the one position, usually a somewhat hunched one from my experience. The trick is to remember to breathe, remember you're in a body, and keep track of time.

Fluids, it's all about the fluids...
Keep yourself hydrated and try to move around as much as you can...