• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

OTC substitute for Adderall???

RaverAX20

Bluelighter
Adderall is my favorite drug in the world! I love all the energy it gives me and the great mood it puts me in! But recently I lost my connection for it, and I'm about to die! Can anyone PLEASE tell me if there is any good OTC substitute for it that I can get here in the US?!

Go to your local truck stop, look for energy pills, or fat burners. Anything that is OTC isn't going to be anywere near as good though.

Go to a doctor, as long as you come in with a good story about not being able to concentrate and it affecting your grades at school/performance at work or what not you should be able to get some form of ADD medication perscribed to you, cycle as necessary until you get to Adderall and go from there. Its a bit more work than OTC stuff, but it solves the problem of supply once and for all if you want to put some effort into it.
Or better yet, if you want the good stuff try getting some methamp, blows any perscription stimulant out of the water really.

Methamphetamine is a prescription stimulant.... so I guess it even blows itself out of the water :)

True, but in this day and age the word Desoxyn is almost a bad word in the doctor's office, no sense pushing your luck because its probably not going to happen.
So just about the only way you're going to get methamp these days is by less 'legal' means ;)

Originally posted by RaverAX20:
Adderall is my favorite drug in the world! I love all the energy it gives me and the great mood it puts me in!
fuck adderall. my best friend has a prescription for it and i've done it a few times--nothin special. i was yawning while "on" it, fell asleep shortly after i was done. oh yeah and was a major bitch (but i doubt that was the adderall's fault ;) )
get some meth
mmmmmmmmmmm meth *drools* :D
~kristen~

There is no OTC drug that comes near to adderall.
But these folks make good points about meth being superior. As well as (at least for most people), more easily obtained than adderall...

Nothing otc is even close as fairnymph said. If you wanna get a chep tweek otc try some yellow jackets or white cross'. They get you wired as balls...

>>and I'm about to die!
you'll be okay d00d.
ebola
np: alice in chains

if you can get any other scripts ritalin or dexies would be the closest thing, but OTC, um, sorry bud, but nothign comes even close... hey! beer and ephedrine! j/k

Nothing otc is even close as fairnymph said. If you wanna get a chep tweek otc try some yellow jackets or white cross'. They get you wired as balls...
I can easily fall asleep on any ephedrine product. Stuff like Yellow Jackets and White Crosses FAR from get me wired.
And although Adderall is not the most powerful thing on earth by any means, it's a huge leap over OTC stuff. Even 10mgs of Adderall will have me unable to sleep for a good 8 hours.

i have the XR version and they fucking kick my ass. i take 10mg in the morning if i just need to work/school but if i need to do manuel labor or large tasks ill go with 20mg.
40 mg and ill be wired 12 hours then come down slow (with a nasty headache)

i used to get a script for ritalin, and still have a few left actually from years ago. Is adderall that much better than ritalin? What are the advantages of it over ritalin?

Adderall is way better than ritalin. Specifically it seems to be more selective for dopamine vs. norepinepherine. Although I don't have the cite handy both I (and fairnymph I believe) have recently posted a cite to a paper linking subjective liking of stimulants (or at least amphetamine like stimulants) to the ratio of dopamanine released to norephinepherine.
In short adderall will make you feel more euphoric and confident etc.. while ritalin will make you (comparatively) more jumpy edgy etc... more like a caffeine buzz though IMO still significantly better.
Yawning while on the stimulant in no way indicates its lake of power. There was another thread on this (in health Q&A?) pointing out that the release of these neurotransmitters *should* cause yawning. Low doses of stims (as 10mg adderral really is) can sometimes actually make sleep easier even if they are enough to enhance mood etc..
The only OTC product really remotely close would be ephedrine containing products. You can pick up an ECA stack at your local GNC but as above it isn't really comparable. If you are willing to go into the slightly sketchy realm of not illegal but not OTC BZP or one of its relatives might suffice but I don't have any experience there.

I wouldn't say adderall or rit is better. They're two different experiences...depends on what you're looking for. Rit is often described as the poor man's coke. As for yawning on adderall???? How much did you take? Adderall is speed...how can you yawn when tweaking on speed?

Jesus, if you're under 20 just go to any psychitrist and say you have ADHD, say you were on Addewrall for 5 years and want to get back on it... it's funny, we have hydrocodone - a C-III drug that doctors wont prescribe when you cover yer arm with 2nd degree burns, but they hand out a C-II amphetamine like it's nothing...

Adderall is speed...how can you yawn when tweaking on speed?
Ecstasy is an amphetamine and lots of people yawn on it or even go as far as laying down and closing their eyes in a half-sleep state even though their hearts are beating at 100mph.
And I've definantly yawned on 4-mar before. My body was tired, I responded as if I was tired, but there was no way the 4-mar was going to let my brain turn off so I could sleep.

Originally posted by SgtD82:
I wouldn't say adderall or rit is better. They're two different experiences...depends on what you're looking for. Rit is often described as the poor man's coke. As for yawning on adderall???? How much did you take? Adderall is speed...how can you yawn when tweaking on speed?
awesome point
its kinda getting annoying when ppl say "ritalin is a piece of shit and the high fucking sucks dont ever do it" and another guy goes "adderall is gay never take it it likz donkey balls!"
its all a matter of opinion, not that one is really "better" than the other - although one could be generally more preferred, but how could anyone tell

I can tell adderall is generally prefered to ritalin because
a) This seems to be the opinion of the vast majority of bluelighters who have tried both.
b) Studies which have people rate their subjective liking of drug effects rate rate adderall > ritalin.
Certainly ultimately what drugs you enjoy is going to be an entierly subjective phenomenon. Some freaks might actually like heavy duty anti-psychotics or your favorite anti-convulsive. Does this mean we answer 'maybe' to all the questions 'is this abuseable?'
If we can comment on the 'goodness' of any drugs (and anyone intelligent reading should understand that this merely reflects opinion, even if it is a collective opinion) than certainly we can compare adderall to ritalin...they are after all fairly similar experiences (both stimulants etc..) its not like we are comparing LSD to meth or heroin.
[ 01 July 2002: Message edited by: quale ]

How about everyone turns to giving objective information instead of this subjective bullshit. Stardreamer is right, telling someone that ritalin sucks cause when you were on it your girlfriend dumped you because you cheated on her so it's ruined it for you forever isn't helping joe blow get information on prescription stimulants.