• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Diazepam -- 10 mg

Cornelia_Fabulous

Bluelighter
Ok, let's say somebody gets a 10mg diazepam tab (aka Valium).
Is the diazepam distributed evenly within the pill?
I mean, if you cut the pill in half, will you get the equivalent of two 5-mg pills? Or if you divide it in four pieces, will you get four doses of 2.5 mg each?
I should know this, shame on me, but I don't. So,does anyone know the answer to this, or have an inkling where I could figure it out (i.e. a website)?
Thanks in advance for any input!

All normal instant release pills should have the active ingredient spread out equally.

Okay, I actually worked in a pharm manufacturing facility when I was in college. The way they make pills is this:
They standardize the weight of the pill based on the fillers and size of the pill.
They add the right percentage of active ingredient so that that percentage of the pill weight is the dosage.
So if a pill were to weigh 500 mg, and the dose was 50 mg, then 10% of the pill formula would be the active ingredient.
So yes, the pill dose is spread out evenly. The only way this wouldn't be true is if you have a timed-release pill that is made by using a harder core.

Why would you really want to divide a Valium? I couldn't see any less then one tab being of any use, and I don't think 10mg-incriments is really asking much..
(But yes, it is evenly distributed through the tab)

It is distributed evenly but like Phreex said why the fuck would you want to break a v in half. The only reason I see for that is if your giving one to you cat or dog...
BRING BACK THE FLAG!!!
*****------------
*****------------
*****------------

Ha ha, Noriega that was funny, but no, I don't have a cat or a dog, my only pet is a boa constrictor and he's quite lethargic already :) ...
The reason I want to divide it is that I am unusually sensitive to benzos (once I took a half of those v's and was knocked out for 15+ hours).
Also, I don't know how strong diazepam is in relation to clonazepam, but for instance, a 1 mg k-pin pretty much makes me an anxiety-free blob --just sitting there but incapable of performing such demanding tasks as, say, making a phone call.
Thanks, everyone!
[ 19 June 2002: Message edited by: Cornelia_Fabulous ]

Originally posted by NoriegA:
It is distributed evenly but like Phreex said why the fuck would you want to break a v in half. The only reason I see for that is if your giving one to you cat or dog...
BRING BACK THE FLAG!!!
*****------------
*****------------
*****------------

We used to give my dog (chocolate lab) something like 30mg of valium for a thunderstorm. That wouldn't even put her out, she'd still try to walk around all drugged up.

Originally posted by Guest of honor:
Cornelius, u lucky BASTARD!
HA HA HA HA
I know!!!!!
By the way, name's CORNELIA. (I'm a guy, though --long story...)
We used to give my dog (chocolate lab) something like 30mg of valium for a thunderstorm. That wouldn't even put her out, she'd still try to walk around all drugged up.
Great! Now I know a chocolate lab has a stronger CNS than me. I don't know if I should be depressed or what! ;)