Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

What's the last MOVIE you watched? v 3.0

^well i'll be damned. guess i got some misinformation along the way.

last movie i watched? just got done actually
All About Lily Chou Chou
lily03.jpg

i'm still trying to decide if this movie has just totally fucked up my day or not.
it was really damn good, i know that, but damn depressing.

essentially, it's a bunch of teens from various walks of life, but that probably all know each other IRL that are brought together under a common love for this japanese pop artist "lily chou chou", hence the title. the thing is, they don't KNOW they all have a common interest, because the only time they ever express it is online at a fan based message board.

which is why i now have to go back and watch it AGAIN because i spent half the movie trying to figure out which username belonged to which character.
it's like...little signs. spoiler
NSFW:
like i'm pretty sure the username "Bear" belonged to this one girl based on the fact that there is a maybe 2 minute scene where you see her in her room, and there's a giant stuffed teddy bear in it.

sorry for the rant, but i really liked it and it's about 3 hours long so it's harder to be brief.

Last edited:
percy_jackson_and_the_olympians_the_lightning_thief_poster9.jpg

generic and cliche plotted movie is generic and cliche
and boring

The Hurt Locker. After it won all those awards I had to check it out. Very good movie, I thought.

Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai
a_ghostdog.jpg

I liked it a lot, it was very cool, thoughtful, funny at times and generally a super badass movie. If you like other stuff by Jim Jarmusch (this film has more action then anything else he's done) you'd probably like this, it has a very similar vibe to films like Stranger Than Paradise and Down By Law (both of which I also like). Also if you like The Wu-Tang Clan you should check this out, the music in this movie was mostly done by Rza and the film was very clearly influenced strongly by Wu-Tang, which contributes strongly to how badass it is. Also if you like Jim Jarmusch and Wu-Tang you should watch the scene from Coffee and Cigarettes with Rza, Gza and Bill Murray in a coffee shop. It's a funny scene.

last movie i watched? just got done actually
All About Lily Chou Chou
sounds interesting.

The_Girl_Who_Kicked_the_Hornets%27_Nest_%28film%29.jpg

trilogy comes to an end. first was good, 2nd not so good, 3rd decent. coulda been real dope tho i have a sneaking suspicion some may of been lost in translation. =/ i mean really tho kinda over doin it wit that fuckin goth gear.

Up in the Air
up-in-the-air.jpg

I thought this was a really good movie. It really feels like America right now present day. Great performances all around. Worth a look. 4/5

^you can't go wrong with george clooney if he's in the movie, it's gonna be good.

Brooklyn's Finest

it was alright.........i thought it could have ended a little better.......

spoiler:

NSFW:
you know the family man dies and the old perve just stands there.........wtf is that.

Last edited by a moderator:
MV5BMTc3ODQxNzA5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTQyNTE3MQ@@._V1._SX282_SY400_.jpg

T'was a bizarre film, sort of like The Wizard Of Oz meets Sophie's Choice. :D

Synopsis: Kirsten Dunst stars as Hannah, a modern Jewish-American teenager who only halfheartedly accepts the traditional ways of her family's religious beliefs. When she is magically transported back in time to a WWII Nazi death camp, Hannah finds herself experiencing firsthand the horrors of the Holocaust--and learning the true meaning of her own heritage. Based on the popular young adult novel by Jane Yolen, with an introduction by executive producer Dustin Hoffman.

Last edited:
Little Ashes.
little-ashes-02.jpg

Have had this dvd for quite some time and it took me a few views to really appreciate it.
A nice, quaint Spanish film about the supposed relationship between Salvador Dali and Spanish poet Federica Garcia Lorca (as well as their friendship with Luis Bunuel.)
Javier Beltran is so hot.

Broken Embraces

los-abrazos-rotos-300x350.jpg

I liked Volver better than this. (same director). Penelope Cruz does get her tits out a few times though.;) which is nice, spanish with subtitles 3/5

Brooklyn's Finest

Good movie. Then the final 15 minutes happened. Very anti-climatic. Still, I don't see the comparisons to Training Day. Ethan Hawke and Antoine Fuque do not a Training Day make.

ouJApl.jpg

The House of The Devil.

Very cool horror film from last year, but set in 1983 & based on the late 70', early 80's horror flicks. But unlike the awful recent remakes (Halloween, My Bloody Valentine, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, etc) it doesn't just add flashy editing, more blood & deaths. It's creepy, tense, scary, the characters are interesting & the nods to those movies don't stick out like a saw thumb - partly thanks to the setting, this film could have come straight from then, even has the old school poster.

Yes it's a movie about a babysitter in a creepy house, but god dammit it's done soo well. =D

85% on Rotten Tomatoes.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/house_of_the_devil/