Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

1,3-Dimethylamylamine (50mg) - First Time - Why So Serious

rangrz

Bluelighter
So I heard about this stuff from some body builder fellows, they said it was a stimulant which gave them a great rush of endurance and is also euphoric, being compared by them to classic stimulants.

So, I order me a bottle from the intertubes, being not illegal (or very popular/well known) it was cheap and customs was no problem.

0000 2 times 25mg caps down the hatch.
0015 some slight hints of some kind of drug action going on, but at this point, I couldnt say if it was stimulant, depressant, opioid or hallucinogen...it was just a "different" feeling, not unlike the come up from opioids or hallucinogens.
0030. I can now tell its a stimulant come up, but at this point, I am unimpressed. Its not too strong, except for the side effects, which feel almost cholinergic...i.e. SLUDGE symptoms. Watering mouth, a feeling of nausea, my bowels are grumbling, and smoking a cigarette (which is a acetylcholine agonist) nearly made me heave from one puff, suggesting that perhaps it has some acetylcholine esterase antagonism? (This is just pure speculation based my subjective feelings and my thoughts at the time...not to be taken too serious) as it was sort of like a VERY mild version of the symptoms of nerve agents that I learned in boot camp.

0045 The discomfort is passing and I feeling am FUCKING azing. Very stimulant like, euphoria, ego boost, no hint of tiredness, lots of focus, almost no PNS stimulation. It however was a more chilled feeling then amphetamines, more along the lines of Cocaine or Methylphenidate. In fact, if you told me it was methylphenidate at this point, I would of probably believed it, it was very similar feeling. I measured my heart rate, which elevated a mere 7 BPM above my normal resting rate, suggesting with evidence what I though, that it was little PNS stimulation and is mostly central acting.

This feeling of good stimulation carried on for several more hours, and then tapered off with a typical mild stimulant come down.

Aside from the the somewhat unpleasant come up period, this seems to be very nice chemical, even if it is not amongst the best like cocaine and methamphetamine.

I say it would best compare to methylphenidate/ritalin in its effects and and subjective feelings for me.

edit: fixed dosage...total dose was 50mg, two 25mg caps, not two 50mg caps.

Last edited:
Sounds great! I just took some phentermine earlier and it's the exact opposite of what you described from methylphenidate. Wish I would have had what you had instead!

Did some more today, and I also noticed pretty severe bruxism (jaw tension) nearly on par with hallucingenic substituted amphetamines like MDMA..ah well, it doesnt bother me too much, but if you have a real problem with that, watch out.

I've been planning on giving this a try, nice report!
Sounds like it may be ok as a study aid or for an energy boost.
I could use that, as I often don't get enough sleep.

^

it would probably work great for that, its also a decent recreational stimulant...not as good as coke or meth, but still very enjoyable for its own sake/as a party drug/ect

Yeah I found it like that when I was first using it too, it's good huh. Agreed on the bruxism, can get pretty intense.

Unfortunately I found as I used it more (and even now, after some months of non-use) it stopped producing the euphoria and instead just kept me stimulated akin to a cleaner version of caffeine.

damn...I'll make a point not to use it too often, so I can keep its magic so to speak. :p thanks for the heads up there, I'll treat a bit more like MDMA and use it not too often so it doesnt tolerence up on me.

(Tho I seem pretty good with tolerences...I've being doing more or less the same dose of speed and coke for years now with no real loss of enjoyment)

What I used to do is start with a 20 to 25mg dose, then have another 30 to 40 mg dissolved in some electrolyte solution, or a nice juice... i'd sip the juice over the next 2 hours. Seemed to be the best for increasing the euphoria and wakefulness without going too far with a big sudden spike.

And how long would you be able to prolong the high for without a horrible crash?

Nice report by the way! :) Seems like there are mixed reactions from different people to this chemical.

I know that you are a bit of an odd bird in that you like ephedrine.
Did "DM" have that dopaminergic signature?

interesting, you're description makes it seem very much like propylhexedrine to me. has anyone who has tried both care to compare the two? (they are quite similar in chemical structure btw)

ebola...yes DMAA had a dopamine feel to it. No idea on its actual binding affinitys or path of action.

stirfry said:
interesting, you're description makes it seem very much like propylhexedrine to me. has anyone who has tried both care to compare the two? (they are quite similar in chemical structure btw)
I've tried both, and the two together. For me though, propylhexedrine is on par with a less empathogenic version of MDMA in terms of euphoria, whereas I would agree with the comments that DMAA feels similar to methylphenidate. It's good stuff though, esp. for the price. I do get a milder version of propyl's skin tingles on DMAA.

Upon reading of its structural similarity to propylhexedrine, I thought it might make a good potentiator. Typically I mix propylhexedrine with aMT (IM injection) to prolong the euphoria and lessen any crash. But with 50mg DMAA and ~375mg propylhexadrine humming along nicely beforehand, I injected my normal 10mg dose of aMT, and within 15 minutes I had a terrible headache focused at the meeting of the back of my neck and skull. It lasted about an hour and a half and ended with me puking. I assume the headache was from a blood pressure spike.

I've never felt a hint of a headache on even 500mg doses of propylhexadrine and aMT, yet this combination did it. The next day I went to workout and took only caffeine. The headache returned with a vengeance when I started doing pull ups. 3 days later when I worked out again I was fine, but still, that was a nasty experience--be warned.

Last edited:
it's in all sorts of weight loss/energy products now....stimulant x for 1

look for it under the name "geranamine"

Some party pill vendors suggest that you can smoke 1,3-DMAA. Does anyone have experience in this area?

To add to some previous discussion, propylhexedrine is much stronger and longer lasting than this stuff, although otherwise similiar in terms of head and body feel (except propylhexedrine has henious vasoconstriction).

One note, if you purchased this in pill form, don't try to smoke it. It's 99% sugar (ouch).

edit:
Actually, having had more 1,3DMAA trials, it really doesn't feel like propylhexedrine. It's way less tweaky. Propylhexedrine will make me plan plan and do do (or sometimes just plan plan plan plan). 1,3DMAA won't get me off the couch, but if I do go do something, the task will seem less daunting and less tiring than usual. It's the "CAN DO!" type of feeling of cocaine but way weaker, and tolerance builds quicker too. The dose is very fine though. Going above 50mg just adds to the negative body effects Rangrz described. If you think the "buzz" is rather weak at that dose... Well, it is.

Last edited:
Yes you can smoke 1,3-DMAA, it vaporises very easily in a meth pipe, and that is as the HCl salt. I imagine the freebase is even easier to vaporise (but is probably a horrible corrosive oil). Not much point in doing it though, there are no real advantages over oral admin.
Oral and rectal have been the best ROAs for this compound, and that advice is from my >40 trials with it.

It sedates me. I think a lot of people are trying to flog this off as legal ecstasy like herb shops and online because it is absolutely crap at high doses ands I started at 20mg