• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Proscaline Thread

I haven't looked at it in a while, but I just pulled it out and it is pretty flaky. Not quite like sugar, but more sparkly and crystalline than other RCs.

The Proscaline HCL I have received (from the same vendor as pure white 3C-P and an excellent batch of 6-APDB) looks VERY similar in appearance to Allylescaline HCL (and similar to Mescaline HCL and Methallylescaline HCL) I have from different guys - brownish small particles clumping powder with slight crystalline shine to it. Not very flaky but it gets in clumps. I suppose oxidation plays a role in coloring the substance.

I will test mine within a few weeks and post results.

Do you guys also have HCL salts of your Proscaline?

Last edited:
The color is just coming from the impurities from the synthesis, not from the molecule itself. The shape of the crystals can also greatly vary depending on the conditions (temperature l, solvent ratios, impurities, etc. ). Thus, non of this is more than some hint but nothing so rely on.

I guess a reagent test could give you some indication but, as you said, gc/ms or hplc/ms would be the way to play safe.

Tried my brownish-yellow proscaline few days ago at 35mg (one single dose) and as far as effects go, it felt like a tuned down 3C-P, which precisely fits the profile, my experience was very similar to pretty much everyone's descriptions of it. Reagent test showed it pretty much the same as what's posted on youtube (orangy-red Marquis, yellow-brown Mandelin, brown Mecke) but I didnt perform any analytical measurements on it, too damn expensive :X

Effects felt were mostly entactogenic and empathetic with minimal visual disturbances (there was some sparkling in my vision corners though) and mental affection, felt like all effects were emanating from my chest (which is somewhat a signature for me for mescaline and all it's analogs), developed by 1,5 hrs and never went over plus ++.
2,5 hrs into the experience I took about 20mg of 4-HO-EPT dissolved in water to round it up and had a great time reading, watching movies and playing video games afterwards. Also had a bottle of wine with my GF few hours later and it made me feel even more empathetic and warm (imo AL and Proscaline are mixing with alcohol quite well) =D

All in all, an easy and pleasurable compound that appears to be another nice mixer for tryptamines and lysergamides, just like AL and MAL for me. I liked Proscaline more than AL but less than MAL.

Would you guys say it's a bit like 2C-D but longer lasting? Cause that's how it sounds to me from the descriptions, having never tried Proscaline, but lots of 2C-D.

I've only taken 2C-D at low doses, I never had much and tried to use it as a nootropic as was being discussed years ago. Worked pretty well for that. Never tried pushing it to higher doses though. To me proscaline felt sort of like mescaline-lite without the deep spiritual connection, also kind of like LSD-lite. The body feel was much closer to mescaline than to any 2C-X I've taken a full dose of.

Would you guys say it's a bit like 2C-D but longer lasting? Cause that's how it sounds to me from the descriptions, having never tried Proscaline, but lots of 2C-D.
^^^Haven't tried 2C-D unfortunately, although would love to...8)

As I understand it, 2C-D would be "colder" and a lot more "heady" compared to Proscaline, which undeniably has light euphoric body buzz. It reminded me of Allylescaline a lot in the way it feels inside the body but it felt clearer, sharper, "zestier" and with a lot more defined psychedelia and entactogenic effects. This similarity kinda makes sense to me now as I'm looking at the AL and P molecules - they appear very very similar to each other.

More testing is needed with this one, I'm glad I've reserved enough for later! %)

Yeah, I would say they're pretty similar. They're both pretty stimulating and just a little bit psychedelic. From my limited experience, 2C-D seems more euphoric and easier on the body. Proscaline has some body load but it's not too terrible.

Yeah I found proscaline to have some light bodyload in the form of energy and stimulation that felt a little alien, until I hit the peak whereupon it felt wonderful and comfortable.

My girl and I tried Proscaline a couple of times together recently, last time I have mixed 45mg of 6-APDB, 28mg of 3C-P and 30mg of P, when she took just 25mg of Proscaline.

I am always interested in my girlfriend's opinion on psychoactives as she doesn't really know much about pharmacology or chemistry (not that I'm a professor at it :D), neither she has basic information on drugs, unless I'd tell her. Also she is terribly afraid of bad trips and a "mindfuck" in general but she is always curious about my research. So her opinion on this matter is very unbiased and genuine. She tried quite a lot of different psychedelics over the time of being with me, her favorites are LSD, AL-LAD and Mescaline, she likes MDMA and 6-APDB too.
After trying 25 mg of Proscaline, she said: "I feel like nothing can shake my calm, like I don't care anymore and it's good and fluffy! It reminds me of Mescaline in how it makes me feel. Yes, I feel pretty good, I like it!"

So we had great time playing mini-golf in a forestry settings, walking park trails and listening to music. Truly, the high from Proscaline (at doses less than 40mg) is very life-affirming, warm, with no "mindfuck" at all. Music sounded great, I truly was enjoying everything from classical to techno - music made me feel quite euphoric! =D

IME Proscaline synergised very well preloading with 700mg Aniracetam (usually enhances music appreciation for me), 500mg Phenibut and 600mg Agmatine. Also felt synergistic effects of P taken on the tail end of 6-APDB and 3C-P mix. Took forever before I went to sleep after all that taken (3C-P just lasts and lasts), stayed up for about 30hrs, then slept for 20hrs straight %)

IMO Proscaline is a great psychedelic "mixer" and very pleasant on its own - perfect "museum" level at 25-30mg and a definite mood boost. I think I'm going to need more of this material for thorougher research, it felt very pleasant! ;)

Nice, I've got to try my 3C-P still. Would you characterize 3C-P as more psychedelic than proscaline? or how does it differ? I know 3C-E is basically barely psychedelic, more of a great amphetamine-style stimulant, but from what I've read it seems like 3C-P is a bit heavier.

Nice, I've got to try my 3C-P still. Would you characterize 3C-P as more psychedelic than proscaline? or how does it differ? I know 3C-E is basically barely psychedelic, more of a great amphetamine-style stimulant, but from what I've read it seems like 3C-P is a bit heavier.

^^^ 3C-P at dose around 30mg produces light psychedelic effects and general feeling of trippyness but its the mellow speedy afterglow I'm after with it - it kicks in about 6-9hrs after ingestion and makes me feel floaty and happy for hours. IME 40mg and more will bring out unmistakable ++ and perhaps +++ experience. 3C-P feels more psychedelic than P but on higher dosage, when the true psychedelia comes out, it's not very comfortable to deal with. Proscaline feels a lot more gentle and doesn't last nearly that long but also doesn't produce such a fluffy headspace. Maybe it's just in my mind, as I see their molecule structures and expect certain effects, but I think they are very similar, with 3C-P being a Proscaline wrapped in an amphetamine blanket thus feeling stronger but more synthetic and speedy.

RE: Proscaline as a psychedelic mixer - what mixtures do you intuit would be be good with it?

^^^ Naturally, I'd apply Proscaline anywhere I was applying Allylescaline before as the molecules are very similar in action, Proscaline providing "cleaner" feel and more psychedelia than AL IMO - I have already mixed P with 4-HO-EPT, 6-APDB, 3C-P and small amounts of 5-MeO-MiPT. I have a feeling it will be excellent with 4-sub tryptamines in particular, but I'll try it with DMT, MET, LSD, AL-LAD, 4-Aco-MET, 4-HO-MET, 4-Aco-DET and 5-MeO-MiPT. IMO Proscaline and most Mescaline analogs are good with alcohol too, which makes them a good choice for social hangouts, YMMV! :)

Proscaline goes very nicely both with 4-Aco-MiPT and 4-Aco-MET, tried it in combinations with dosages up to 40mg of P so far. I would recommend to start with 30mg of P and about 15-20mg of a 4-sub tryptamine of your choice. Results are increased duration, increased visual effects, deeper headspace and better mood lift, at least these are results that I got. The negatives are a little increase in nausea and possible mild headache at the end, especially if taken in larger doses.

Next ones on the list to try are Proscaline combos with 5-Meo-MiPT and AL-LAD :)

After some advise - direct advise might not be possible so hint if I'm ball park = seems all the x-escaline don't shine till above Shulgins measly doses - I was think somewhere round 75mg - I have one shot - I have
*maybe* 100mg. 100mg escaline seems fairly standard - turns out I only had 80 esc so 80mg it was - slight visuals - got an idea of it - some bodyload or discomfort at points but not very eventful.pros and esc have similar Shulgin doses, is proscaline stronger? I take it durations long - escaline said 8-12 and went on at least 15 I guess this is the same. Am I right to expect this to be very stimmy?

After some advise - direct advise might not be possible so hint if I'm ball park = seems all the x-escaline don't shine till above Shulgins measly doses - I was think somewhere round 75mg - I have one shot - I have
*maybe* 100mg. 100mg escaline seems fairly standard - turns out I only had 80 esc so 80mg it was - slight visuals - got an idea of it - some bodyload or discomfort at points but not very eventful.pros and esc have similar Shulgin doses, is proscaline stronger? I take it durations long - escaline said 8-12 and went on at least 15 I guess this is the same. Am I right to expect this to be very stimmy?

Proscaline is not very stimmy for me. It feels like a Mescaline's younger brother - fantasy, pleasant body feel, confidence boost and good moods are present with it, along with mild mental stimulation. But theres not much depth to it if taken by itself. I like it a lot as a social psychedelic and as a mixer with 4-sub tryptamines. It lasts quite a while too, about 12 hours but becomes quite benign at the end.

Proscaline is one of my girlfriend's favorites now, being so easy going and mood boosting! ;)

Proscaline is maybe a little more potent than escaline from what I gather, but then again most people seem to write proscaline off as subtle and weak. I have read of people taking 150mg and having a strong trip. I haven't taken it above 50mg, I have taken it twice, once at 45mg and once at 50mg, and the first time (45mg) I had a wonderful night playing music, I wrote a TR about it, it was quite lovely and more powerful than I had expected. It was emotionally powerful and reminded me a bit of the light side of a modest LSD dose and also it reminded me of mescaline. I find proscaline more stimmy than mescaline, but it's not very stimmy.

I'd say do an allergy test but besides that, given you're very experienced and only have one shot, you'd be safe to take it all.

Have been using Proscaline in sub-psychedelic doses for two days in the row, as an anti-aggression and anxiolytic agent, dosed 10mg along with vitamins and a few nootropics here and there.
I know its too early to talk about it's effectiveness as such, but! I have noticed that even at this small dose it still was able to invoke the characteristic music enhancement properties (subjectively stronger than with Phenibut)! :D

Besides music enhancement it also made me a lot more easy-going without making me high, kinda similar to LSD microdosing, feels as it reduces my aggression rapidly and for a long time too.

So far I'm liking it in a therapeutic low dose - soft and fuzzy antidepressant qualities and very nicely increased music appreciation, I will continue for up to a week and observe subjective changes.