• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Proscaline Thread

still no tr? well lets just hope i will have something to report tomorrow! ;) just ingested ~30mg. Going for an (apparently) low dose, and though i dont like seeing myself as the brave guinea pig, this seems like a relatively low dose. if anything (good or bad) happens, you will be the first to know

I'm curious about this too because I'm thinking about picking up some of this stuff. Mescaline just seems too messy to deal with...

well... it goes like this. there are some good things, and some bad things, and some unexpected.

the good: mood enhanced, heightened senses (or at least this was the impression), very clear head (clearest on any substance ive tried so far), very much in control

the bad: long comeup, some nausea, some anorexia, long period of stimulation afterwards, high price/dose

the unexpected: very very discreet visuals, to the point where if one didnt look for them they might be completly missed. very much a "2c" kind of feeling about the whole thing... hard to explain. it is like you are on a hollowed out version of 2ci, without the visuals and a lot more clear headed.

ill post a more detailed TR in that particular section, though i wouldnt call this substance spectacular. if the price would go down, then i might reconsider (perhaps this is more of a problem with my vendor).

*TR http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=522598

Last edited:
in my experience, dosing at the very bottom of shulgin's dosage range usually isn't enough. i wouldn't write the stuff off as "hollowed out 2ci" until you take a +++ dose. i'm fairly sure that you were just at a ++, maybe even a +...

it does suck how expensive this stuff is, but its not really much more expensive per dose than LSD (if you're buying individual doses of LSD, that is).

i know what you mean about dosing at the low end of the scale, but its always my policy when dealing with unknown substances... might have enough for a longer and more powerful trip (perhaps in the 50mg range), but will wait a while. been feeling a bit drained really. but personally i enjoyed it at this level as well.

i also didnt mean the hollowed out 2ci in a bad way. and like all substances, your results may vary.

the smell of the substance wasnt really all that bad, but the taste was chemical, and i suspect it to hurt when insufflated.

Proscaline - any more experiences w/this one anybody? how psychedelic vs euphoriant compared to mesc?

cheers

Tried it recently and it was def missing something - more of a euphortiant than a psychedelic. I've got a couple of doses of 4-allyloxy-3,5-dimethoxyPEA but haven't got around to trying it yet. Will report back when I do

Tried it recently and it was def missing something - more of a euphortiant than a psychedelic. I've got a couple of doses of 4-allyloxy-3,5-dimethoxyPEA but haven't got around to trying it yet. Will report back when I do

Hmm a euphoriant doesn't sound all that bad to me, I should be receiving this as well. The timeline isn't all that clear to me though I should consult pihkal.
As a proper psychedelic I will fall back on mescaline hcl if need be, my days of cactus blubber are behind me.

Lower doses of the 2cs to me seem like a euphoriant with little insight, revelations, ect. Maybe higher doses of proscaline might expand the mind a little more. I think peeps are writing this one off too quickly.

I heard from someone who has access to it, apparently together with friends who have experience with it that 75 mg can definitely get you in over your head. So about that 80-120 mg, it might be a purity thing or a personal sensitivity thing but it shouldn't necessarily be that PIHKAL is aiming much too low again.
Makes me wonder anyway, Shulgin should always have the pure material, perhaps some of the time when people think they are dosing too low it's because of a difference in purity?

About the proscaline: I do hope 40-50 is adequate because it means my 150 will go further.

i believe you will definetly feel 50mg, however you might want to combine it with something else to fully enjoy a new flavor to a trip. that is to say, a low dose might get you somewhere, but if you use it on top of another psychedelic (like lsd for instance) you might be better off.

^ this one with JWH-018 (or weed) really gives a different effect. Becomes immersive (sp) and more psychedelic. On its own, doesn't really have a strong effect but when cannaboids are offered it really goes somewheres

^ this one with JWH-018 (or weed) really gives a different effect. Becomes immersive (sp) and more psychedelic. On its own, doesn't really have a strong effect but when cannaboids are offered it really goes somewheres

As with most, if not all PEAs. Cannabis can really take it up a notch.

Proscaline was tested at 50mg and found to be quite euphoric. Pleasant stimulation and some CEV. Some anxiety at the onset but thereafter was a nice ride but nothing too deep into the psychedelia at this dose. This seems like a good social lubricant.

75mg seems to be the sweet spot for this one. At 75mg there was emotional opening without any negative thoughts. Bodyload is nonexistent. Lasted a good 8 hours with lingering stimulation for another 2 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like 5-MeO-DALT from phenethylamine family. Can you compare these two? I will get a good amount of this chemical in the next few weeks.

Proscaline has a longer duration, right? Also I think the stimulation would be less comfortable with 5-MeO-DALT than with proscaline but I have not tried either of them. Just sounds like it. Mescaline absolutely has one of the best types of euphoria for me so I am quite interested in trying proscaline. I have something along the lines of 150 mg of this material.

Sounds like 5-MeO-DALT from phenethylamine family. Can you compare these two? I will get a good amount of this chemical in the next few weeks.

the dalt has a tryptamine feeling whereas proscaline is more like mescaline/mdma and more electric/stimulating. procaline headspace is clearer. i prefer the proscaline.

^ Thanks for this info, I think I know what you're talking about. :)

^^ Yeah, proscaline should be more long-lasting, and it is a plus to me.
I am very excited about trying this chemical.

Offtopic: hmm, new avatar? :)

Several days ago I had experience with this drug. I took 50 mg two days after my LSD experience(1.5 blotters). I thought about publishing a TR, but this drug lacked action, so I was lazy to keep records.

I would this drug as phenethylamine version of 5-MeO-DALT. Light, mellow and long-lasting. Not very euphoric, but quite pleasant. It is also "colder" but cleaner and thought process isn't disrupted. There were waving and patterning during the peak, but then visuals subsided, and I wasn't focused on them.
It mixed with alcohol amazingly well. During T+08:00 -- T:09:30 (times are approximate) I drinked 1 liter of beer, and damn, alcohol was a lot better than usual: definite psychedelic tint and less sedating, and a lot of subtle differences which create unique complex feel to this drug combination.

Last edited by a moderator: