• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos iv alprazolam

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyonelove

Bluelighter
hi all.
so i have a modest amount of pure alprazolam powder, and was wondering about iv usage. i've managed to dissolve the alpraz in pure ethanol, but the best i could manage is 12.5mg/ml, as i found it wasn't hugely soluble in ethanol.

anyhow, i was wanting iv some.. for myself i will only have about 1-2 mg, which translates to 8-16 units of the alpraz tincture, and then i will take it out to say say 70-80 units with water to bring down the ethanol concentration. so say 10-20% alcohol, which is still relatively strong.

my friend however has somewhat of a tolerance, so was wanting to have around 5mg, which translates to about 40 units of tincture.. so what i'm wondering is what is the strongest concentration that should be relatively 'safe' to inject? would he be better using like a 3ml fit and a larger volume of water to bring the concentration down?

thanks for any help!

Alright, I'll keep this brief. Since you've been a member for six years, you should know that this is dangerous practice. Anyway, to answer your question, I (personally) wouldn't shoot a solution that is more than 10-15% alcohol (maybe 20% MAX).

Be safe.

i wasted a fuckload one time trying this cause i had a lot of excess pure alp. powder and i only used saline as a solute so it didn't really work well and i probably got about 6mg worth and dumped in about 30mg into the spoon. the rush is nonexistent it just comes on really fast. it's not a drug that is worth shooting up unless you're trying to knock yourself out :D

sonofabitch. I fully accept that this place is not the place for finding drugs. On the other hand, how DOES a person end up with "a lot of excess pure alp powder"???????

Why is the hardest stuff for me to find? I could go pick up a 40 sak of tar RIGHT FUCKING NOW. I could by an oz of weed, right now. I could buy 20 e pills. Right fucking now. I could go get oxy 80s by the half dozen. Right Fucking Now. but Xanax? Nobody knows how to get it at all. It's not even like it's the most dangerous fucking thing on the planet, so why is it that all these fine folks on the BL have all this extra while some of fine folks on here go without?

ugly said:
sonofabitch. I fully accept that this place is not the place for finding drugs. On the other hand, how DOES a person end up with "a lot of excess pure alp powder"???????

Why is the hardest stuff for me to find? I could go pick up a 40 sak of tar RIGHT FUCKING NOW. I could by an oz of weed, right now. I could buy 20 e pills. Right fucking now. I could go get oxy 80s by the half dozen. Right Fucking Now. but Xanax? Nobody knows how to get it at all. It's not even like it's the most dangerous fucking thing on the planet, so why is it that all these fine folks on the BL have all this extra while some of fine folks on here go without?

you answered your own question; if he answers then he's giving you a source.
I've bought a multigram quantity of pure alprazolam powder years back as well. Not everyone buys their drugs off a street corner ya know.

PS. availability varies by region too. No way I could go out and buy an OC80 (I'm sure Mr Blonde and other Aussies agree that OC is non-existant as far as a street drug). Benzos in the USA are frowned upon. In Europe and Australia they are RXd for anxiety and sleep issues very commonly. It's that simple; availability. But as I said above, I doubt you'd ever buy pure (being the operative word) alprazolam powder off the street

Well then I am just not connected to correct alprazolam people. Maybe I should take an ad in Craigslist. ;)

kadaj said:
i wasted a fuckload one time trying this cause i had a lot of excess pure alp. powder and i only used saline as a solute so it didn't really work well and i probably got about 6mg worth and dumped in about 30mg into the spoon. the rush is nonexistent it just comes on really fast. it's not a drug that is worth shooting up unless you're trying to knock yourself out :D
yeah this. iv benzos are lame, there's no rush. just instant onset, and it hits you harder for the same dose. i've shot benzo pills dissolved with vodka/whiskey before, but it's seriously not worth the vein damage. concentrated ethanol solutions clot blood very quickly - there's a good chance you won't even be able to finish the hit.

you could get some sterile vials, micron filters and excipients to formulate iv-ready benzos like they do in clinical settings. like, here's what's in injectable diazepam. you could probably increase the concentration of the active enough to get a reasonable dose in an insulin rig.
RXlist said:
Diazepam Injection, USP is a sterile, nonpyrogenic solution intended for intramuscular or intravenous administration. Each milliliter (mL) contains 5 mg diazepam; 40% propylene glycol; 10% alcohol; 5% sodium benzoate and benzoic acid added as buffers; and 1.5% benzyl alcohol added as a preservative. pH 6.6 (6.2 to 6.9). Note: Solution may appear colorless to light yellow.

^ I've IMed those vials, but never IVed them. There's a slight burn, but its not even worth mentioning. Thats why I proposed to the gentleman that he could probably get away with shooting a little more than 10%, because 10% is nothing more than a tiny sting (and if you already have the needle in, the sting is nothing).

He said he could only get 12.5mg alprazolam to dissolve in 1mL alcohol, I find that low. Assuming thats all it will dissolve, if you wanted to shoot it at 10%, thats 1.25mg; not much. So it seems like its either (A) multiple shots, (B) a 3mL barrel, or (C) a higher concentration of ethanol.

I rank them B, C, A in decreasing order of what my choice would be

ugly said:

I can't get alprazolam powder it was my friend who got it and it was an online-email hookup. You're better off with your real people connects for tar, weed, e, and oxy than a shifty character in some sort of ex-Soviet bloc country. You're not missing anything special unless you want to pass out extra quick, get someone really messed up, or nod out to sleep (or a coma) on a benzo.

I Think alprazolam is not worth injecting the only benzos that are : Midazolam , Loprazolam and possibly flurazepam

you won't get a rush , and alprazolam has very good oral bioavailibilty , so please reconsider.

oh and 20 % alcohol will burn , enough to make the experience inenjoyable so i think you will probably try it and leave it at that just like i did.

xanax? why would you inject it? that's dum, why don't you snort a bar like the rest of the high school kids......... with all respects.

1. Its not a bar, its pure powder

2. If I remember correctly snorting has less bioavailability than eating it.

Still if theres no rush, whats the point.

Is there no rush? I figured alprazolam did have a rush, at least of some sort, since its a triazolo-benzodiazepine.
Maybe not though, I've never shot it so I can't say. Midazolam did give me a rush though, but not like a heroin or cocaine rush.

Shit, this is pissing me off for two reasons.
1. Back in the day I had so many vials of versed; it was the absolute best feeling in the world. Knowing I'm out and I'm out for good is depressing. :(
2. I can't get high off benzos at all, even if I take a beastly amount. Its either no feeling at all, or I fall asleep. I wish I could get high from benzos again, damn it.

I'm taking a chance on a goddam online pharmacy. At least if I lose the money I will have taken the chance to find out so it will have been worth it. Some days, if my kids (students) are driving me flat out nutso, I can take one mg. xan and be totally fine to do the rest of the day without turning into a total cunt. I cannot even tell you how many times this has turned out in my favor... it's much easier to work with kids when you can be patient and kind to them, and well, frankly, that always doesn't come easily to me. Some kids get on my last nerve.
Xans also get me through stressful parent teacher principal conferences. People can really lose their shit in some of those meetings, but I can stay on task and calm.
Other than the xans very lifesaving qualities in these regards, it is the best thing in the world for me after I roll. I feel them start to wash over my back first, about 20 minutes after I take them when I'm done or nearly done rolling. The feeling is exquisite.

ugly said:
Well then I am just not connected to correct alprazolam people. Maybe I should take an ad in Craigslist. ;)

Thats a good way to get connected... to the police ;)

I know you were kidding, couldnt resist though.

thanks for thoughts/help folks.
as i have no benzo tolerance, and have only had alprazolam once before, i think 1-2mg should be plenty for myself. so should be able to keep the alcohol concentration to ~15% within 1ml, which is pretty similar to the pharmaceutical diazepam prep.
as for the rush, well i don't really get a rush regardless of what it is for some reason. meh...

Ive always wondered why people who cant stand kids decide to be teachers.

Maybe they never knew how annoying kids were until they started the job.

Or maybe they have no other option. Those who can't do...;)

That's going to be so painful, arggh I'm cringing just thinking about it. I IV'ed benzos and take my word, if it's not Zolpidem or Midazolam, it's not worth it.

I managed to get 16mg/ml of alprazolam USP in 1ml of 160proof ethanol. I think the ratio for 199 proof EtOH is going to be just under 20mg/ml. I don't see why you got 12.5mg/ml. It took some rigorous shaking but it went into solution.

Anyway, the amount of ethanol you have for a 5mg dose is a lot. I wouldn't go crazy about doing this. The benefits of IVing this benzo are simply not worth it. I wouldn't inject anything more than 5% ethanol, and even then it will burn, and burn in your whole body. You'd need an oversized barrel with a butterfly needle, preferably to dilute it to safe measures. Certainly find another MOA or a different benzo to inject.

Status
Not open for further replies.