• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Paint Smell and Coke?!!!

aspire

Bluelighter
I have recently come across a batch of the goods that seems to taste and smell like paint. Don't get me wrong, the stuff is doing the job! Although it is doing the job, I have to wonder what is going through my system when I set up a gagger (spelling?).
Any advice would be appreciated
Gracias

ive noticed the same thing many times....usually, ive noticed a nail polish remover type smell....recently, i had a friend get a large amount of blow, cut it up and re-rock it - one of the things he put in was nail polish remover....i never asked why, but maybe its common....

don't know how common this is, but a batch we had one time smasted (tasted like the smell of) diesel. my husband said it was ether-based. (?) it worked okay but it hurt a bit more going up.

Acetone/Finger Nail Polish Remover..would be my guess.
You would have to ask someone more knowledgable, but i believe it is used in the process to originally hold it all together, and/or re-rock it. I used to have a whole thread saved on this subject, but have since lost it.
PhreeX might know.
I once came accross some that smelled just like band-aids!, lol seriouslly
casper

Honestly, it could be anything.. I am not even going to speculate as to what it is..

It is most likely Acetone. It's the chemical of choice when it comes to rerocking blow. All it's gonna do is burn the shit out of your nose...

It is most likely Acetone. It's the chemical of choice when it comes to rerocking blow. All it's gonna do is burn the shit out of your nose...

Originally posted by NoriegA:
just for my own peice of mind, is it used to hold it together?
casper

mine smells like concrete too. maybe that tile grout mix stuff found it's way over to melbourne.

Doesn't acetone have a very high vapor pressure? In other words shouldn't all the real acetone evaporate pretty quickly if you leave it out to dry?
In other words is your coke still wet...if so is it better when you let it dry? Otherwise it shouldn't be the actual acetone.

I don't know why some coke smells/tastes like that, but I have had coke exactly like it before.
The worst is coke from SoCal, it really has a mega dose of this mysterious nasty residue.
NorCal coke isn't much better.
NorthEast coke is alright, barely has the residue.
Florida coke is fantastic, and I haven't ever found it to have the nasty residue.
Has anyone else encountered these regional differences?

The problem with streetdrugs is that the people who process the goods dont buy USP/ACS-grade chemicals. No, they throw unpure solvents in their product. What happens is that not all solvent evaporates, and the endproduct will smell of solvents.

any solvent is whats at work here. people use acetone, ether, etc..
in response to the 'added taste' fairynympy alluded to, thats an additive that people put in so that theres an association between a certain smell/taste and high, so they can cut the shit out of it and still have people believe its same or good or whatever. i think its more prevalent where theres a seller's market, or at least ive noticed it in such..
in tejas, it ranges, from the a1 no smell hardly to the cut to shit smells like diesel or that weird coke-only smell.
the acetone does evap quick, but some is left in the compressed coke matrix, if you will.

fairnymph, i have also experienced regional difference as to quality of coke. i only have tried it in the northeast and in florida, cuz those are the 2 places i've lived. but in the northeast the coke is usually not too good and pretty expensive. when i was in miami the coke was cheaper and better...miami is closer to columbia.

It most likely Acetone which everyone know's is commonly used for re-rocking. But your safe, just get used to a little burn. It's good quality because its probably only cut a little bit