View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-MeO-PCP Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it unlikely a potent schedule I substance is an impurity in this. Wouldn't PCC be more likely, since that is actually used in the synth?

Either way there's not gonna be any simple way to separate them.

I find it unlikely a potent schedule I substance is an impurity in this. Wouldn't PCC be more likely, since that is actually used in the synth?

Either way there's not gonna be any simple way to separate them.

Ye sorry it is PCC. No simple way to seperate, shit

I become numb (like as if my body parts fall asleep) in my arms and legs when I use this substance. Not to the point where I can't move but it's definitely "harder" to move toes and fingers. It also numbs my mind in a very comfortable way, almost like as if I'm gonna fall asleep / nod off when my senses are activated, imagine sound and light overwhelming a numb mind to the point where it almost knocks you out :D. I enjoy 4-MeO-PCP a lot but these things have made me worried. I know it's a powerful anasthetic but I never experienced this on K or MXE. Anyone else relate to this?

Another thing. I am looking for more information on PCC (1-Phenylcyclohexanecarbonitrile?). I've heard this is very toxic and that has alerted me on using more PCP derivatives. What is the symtoms of PCC poisoning? Is it only poisonous if smoked (this is what I read...)? If anybody could come with detailed information on this subject I would be very thankful.

Are you bodyparts still a bit numb after using this substance or do you feel pins and needles in your extremities for days afterwards or is it just during the experience?

Another thing. I am looking for more information on PCC (1-Phenylcyclohexanecarbonitrile?). I've heard this is very toxic and that has alerted me on using more PCP derivatives. What is the symtoms of PCC poisoning? Is it only poisonous if smoked (this is what I read...)? If anybody could come with detailed information on this subject I would be very thankful.
Erowid article: "It should be born in mind that the PCC intermediate is toxic. It is also somewhat difficult to separate from the final product if the reaction is not carried out to completion. Thus, in one study up to 20% of street samples of PCP contained measurable amounts of PCC. Ingestion of PCC in small amounts can cause toxic symptoms, such as headache and hangover. Larger amounts cause more severe symptoms. Handling of the material may also cause dizziness, faintness, and vomiting. Additionally, repeated exposure to PCC may cause an aggravated psychosis and result in sensitization, in which an individual may experience contact dermatitis from trace amounts of the substance."
Source

Elsewhere on the site another paper on detecting PCC stated that impure synthesis of PCP has been correlated with coma and death. However, in these cases the nature of the impurity was not specified, so it may or may not have been a PCC overdose. Unfortunately, detection is not within the means of the typical buyer unless they drop $200 and send it into a place like ecstacy-data.org. It'd be cool if there was a website where people could pool their money to get samples of various compounds from specific vendors sent in for these kinds of tests. Then deadly vendors could be identified, and maybe the site's members could use the same money to have a bounty put out on them to "answer" for what they've done and send a message to other vendors about quality control (by this I just mean making them publicly apologize of course).

Last edited:
Are you bodyparts still a bit numb after using this substance or do you feel pins and needles in your extremities for days afterwards or is it just during the experience?

No. It is just during the actual buzz and it's always gone the day after. I also noticed it first after I redosed several times in a 3 hour period (bombing). I can't recall if I had the same "symtoms" after snorting but I guess I did and I suppose it's actually part of the anasthetic nature of the drug. No reason to worry?

And thanks a lot psood for your post. I have not experienced any of the symtoms described, not even a headache which wouldn't even get me alarmed considering it's such a potent drug. The only downside I see is the long duration - aftereffects up to 40 hours were I'm desorianted and generally.. fucked :p

I should say it comes from a very reliable vendor who even sent a sample to ecstacydata. The purity was around 85%. I will see if I can find the entry on e-data and post it here.

EDIT: Found. http://www.ecstasydata.org/view.php?id=2446
EDIT2: Another analysis where PCC were found: http://www.ecstasydata.org/view.php?id=2339

Is it possible to draw any conclusions from this?

Last edited:
As I understand it PCC is time-release cyanide, which is especially bad news for 4-MeO-PCP because so much of it is consumed compared to PCP

With Cyanide you basically get sick, then recover until you reach a critical point, once you cross that you die. 50-60mg hydrogen cyanide at once kills a man, an amount contained in about 350mg PCC

If its time release cyanide it could accumulate in binge use though.

Anything is possible but, generally no.

MXE is made via a cyclopentyl intermediate, like Ketamine is. 3-MeO-PCE, rationally, is made by magic In neither case a PCC like intermediate is used. However! 3-MeO-PCE could be made via a PCC like intermediate, which would be about as toxic as PCC. This however is not likely: as said there is yield loss, a much more dangerous lab procedure and highly toxic waste.

TL;DR
MXE won't contain any, and 3-MeO-PCE is unlikely to contain, PCC like "cyanide" intermediates

No synth talk, did some editing and tried to keep what I could.
~Never

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, great reply <3

Thanks a lot for the information and insights you gave me!

Tried this one a couple of times and found it ... meh.

I've done MXE to death which may be part of the problem. Comparing it to MXE may also be part of the problem. I love MXE to death even after abusing the crap out of it (part of the problem).

Anyway, back to 4-MeO-PCP....

Once I tried smoking some, and two other times I tried bombing 100mg. When I bombed it I felt some dissociation, but it felt flat and dull compared to MXE's funky vibes. It also lasted a long time, hovering around in the background just generally making me feel a bit off/confused. I didn't care much for it.

I haven't had much desire to try it again after the slow starts... but... I've run out of MXE! Again! Shit! What da fuck I gon' do?!

Can anyone advise me on a nice way of using 4-MeO-PCP? Bomb 150mg and hope it's more interesting than last time? Smoke 30mg? Plug it? Sublingual it? Mix it into some whisky and sip the night away?

If anyone who has had nice times with this one can give me some advice on how to go on, I'd be most appreciative. If not, I'm gonna bomb 150-200mg and hope it's interesting.

Of course it may just be that I don't like it. But I love MXE, and I love 3-MeO-PCP, and I enjoy (not love, though) DXM.... so hopefully....

Tried this one a couple of times and found it ... meh.

I've done MXE to death which may be part of the problem. Comparing it to MXE may also be part of the problem. I love MXE to death even after abusing the crap out of it (part of the problem).

Anyway, back to 4-MeO-PCP....

Once I tried smoking some, and two other times I tried bombing 100mg. When I bombed it I felt some dissociation, but it felt flat and dull compared to MXE's funky vibes. It also lasted a long time, hovering around in the background just generally making me feel a bit off/confused. I didn't care much for it.

I haven't had much desire to try it again after the slow starts... but... I've run out of MXE! Again! Shit! What da fuck I gon' do?!

Can anyone advise me on a nice way of using 4-MeO-PCP? Bomb 150mg and hope it's more interesting than last time? Smoke 30mg? Plug it? Sublingual it? Mix it into some whisky and sip the night away?

If anyone who has had nice times with this one can give me some advice on how to go on, I'd be most appreciative. If not, I'm gonna bomb 150-200mg and hope it's interesting.

Of course it may just be that I don't like it. But I love MXE, and I love 3-MeO-PCP, and I enjoy (not love, though) DXM.... so hopefully....

I'm interested in hearing your experience on smoking it. I heard it was not active when smoked but have no source on this. How did you smoke? Chase the dragon? I've only smoked 3-MeO-PCP where we dissolved it in alcohol and soaked cigarettes with it.

I'll probably smoke some tomorrow, so I'll let you know more precisely how much, method, effects. Last time i smoked it I was on several other things and didn't measure the amount. I can't even recall what the effects were. I just smoked it off a bit of foil (yeah, chase the dragon). Today I bombed some 5iai and 2C-C. Didn't enjoy it much, though. I just wanted MXE really.

I hate running out of MXE. I end up trying to fill the (m)hole with other things, but it's just not the same. sigh.

Asante said:
MXE is made via a cyclopentyl intermediate, like Ketamine is. 3-MeO-PCE, rationally, is made by magic In neither case a PCC like intermediate is used. However! 3-MeO-PCE could be made via a PCC like intermediate, which would be about as toxic as PCC. This however is not likely: as said there is yield loss, a much more dangerous lab procedure and highly toxic waste.

TL;DR
MXE won't contain any, and 3-MeO-PCE is unlikely to contain, PCC like "cyanide" intermediates
I also wanted to say thanks for this answer as I've been asking the same question here and there for a while. I assume other similarly knowledgeable posters concur?

*looks on sad as his post is mauled by moderation*

Bottom line:

3-MeO-PCP and 4-MeO-PCP are often made in the way that can leave the toxic cyanide intermediate, there is however another route which is very attractive and does not leave any of the toxic cyanide compound.

3-MeO-PCE is unlikely to contain the toxic cyanide compound as its synthesis is usually performed via another, more efficient and safe route

Methoxetamine and Ketamine will not contain the toxic cyanide compound as its synthesis is completely different and wont work in a way that leaves such an intermediate.

I love to talk chemistry and I hate to talk in nontransparent absolutes, but given the rules on no synth talk this is the best I can do.
If anyone has any questions about it that I can answer without breaking rules, by all means do ask.

Last edited:
so the day that i tried 1gram of oral 4-meo-pcp i probably did really poison myself

i got really fucked up but it sure didn't feel like much of a dissociative buzz

good thing i vomited probably

Sorry that your post got butchered Asante. While I agree with the no synth talk rule, it needs to be circumstantial.
Giving step by step instructions on how to make a drug should be against rules, snippets of synth discussion and hypothetical things should be allowed IMO

^The nitty-gritty details of precise names/reactions seemed unnecessary to the overall message. Maybe I could have a left a couple more words than I did, but keep in mind that this isn't ADD, and a significant chem background isn't requisite. As a layman, I will trend towards lopping off more to be safe rather than less.

In any case, new thread here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.