Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-MeO-PCP Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooohh guys be CAREFUL! with that stuff, PCC is nasty, nasty shit:

http://msds.chem.ox.ac.uk/PY/pyridinium_chlorochromate.html
http://www.erowid.org/archive/rhodium/chemistry/pcp.pcc.analysis.html
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/pres/jat/1980/00000004/00000003/art00003

"Based on toxicity data in the mouse, it is suggested that illicit street samples contaminated with the carbonitrile precursors would be considerably more toxic than PCP alone and pose a greater threat to the health of subjects ingesting these substances"

There's another study that talks, rather alarmingly, about the massive decreases in the LD-50 of PCP with present with PCP-But I can't find it at the moment. Dangerous shit for sure.

Uh, the first link is to pyridinum chlorochromate, also coincidentally known as PCC. It's probably far worse for you than the PCC we're talking about here, I'd take a bit of cyanide and piperidine over chromium salts anyday!

It happens to be bright orange though, while PCC the precursor looks and crystallises just like PCP as both the freebase and the hydrochloride salt, and is undetectable without proper analysis (TLC works, melting point should work too, if nothing else is available. And, I don't know, maybe it's possible to taste it or something!).

Last edited:
OK yeah, I wasn't aware there's different kinds of PCC-but both don't seem like something I'd want in my body anyways! Thanks for the clarification, that might explain some of the panic I had after taking a bunch of contaminated PCP in late 2009-what I was reading didn't seem to correlate to the fact that I was in fact, alive, and in alright health aside from a bad case of the existential bends. Be careful anyways!

For anyone was that is looking at trying this please be aware 4 meo pcp is active for a long time. I was awake for three nights in a row after 3 100mg bombs at 4 hr intervals. The experience was ketamine like, but with much brighter hallucinations, much heavier ('wonkier') body sensations and a vibration in my mind and thoughts over 5-6-7 hours as I came down. Ketamine is a gentle friend, 4meopcp is a much bigger investment in physical and mental resources.

I wouldn't advise against trying it but don't assume that ketamine familiarity is going to protect you.

Sorry not to post a proper trip report, but my experience was a month or so ago (pre BL), memory and details fade. Next time.

That reaction may be slightly unusual, but I'm usually unable to sleep the day that I take 4-meo-pcp, so yeah, it's a much heavier investment than K (though I've yet to try that wonder), but at the the same time it doesn't have the intense (and offputting to many) physical side effects of DXM, though its aftereffects do last longer (up to two or three days of afterglowing during my earlier experiences (with redosing) though now I'm at baseline by nightfall the day after dosing).

✰hyperobjects✰;9548476 said:
I have a trip report with methoxydine that I plan on typing up tomorrow. Can I post my experience here?

i think the customary way to do it on here is to post the report in the Trip Reports forum, and then post a link to it in this thread.

Experiment with vaporization, #3

Put a little bit (<50mg) on foil, already had a good sized oral dose that I've more or less come up on, so recognize this data is of limited value. Anyway, only held the flame under the foil for the briefest instant and it all almost instantly vaporized. Gonna try that again right now (limit heat exposure as much as possible to avoid it bursting into flames). Tried it again right now and yeah, that works great.

Now officially changing my recommendation: Vaporization is probably a worthwhile ROA on this subtsance. My language skills are remarkably intact for the amount I've taken though, so it is possible that this vaporized so quickly I missed much of it (if so pipe may be desirable), or I'm building a tolerance to it. Anyone else done any more experimenting with this method?

Double edit: Ya'know, while vaporization may be quick, I'm still thinking insufflation hits me harder. It's extremely uneplaaseant with this crystalline shit, but it works.

:! You have me very interested in this ROA but now hearing about the impure samples... that's very lame.

I've tried reading about PCC hoping to profile it a bit in order to somewhat determine if the sample I have contains it. My sample looks like a barely off-white crystalline substance that has a tendancy to stick to itself and the bag a bit... it also has a decently strong smell thats a bit hard for me to pin down. Would you be kind enough to describe your sample to me briefly? Thanks :)

Last edited:
You have me very interested in this ROA but now hearing about the impure samples... that's very lame.

I've tried reading about PCC hoping to profile it a bit in order to somewhat determine if the sample I have contains it. My sample looks like a barely off-white crystalline substance that has a tendancy to stick to itself and the bag a bit... it also has a decently strong smell thats a bit hard for me to pin down. Would you be kind enough to describe your sample to me briefly?

Opaque white crystalline substance, it has a strong smell that I can only describe as chemically/industrial, and it is insoluble in both water and ethanol (so it's probably the freebase).

I'm on a tolerance break right now, but I'll definitely experiment with vaporization some more when I start using it again.

I just dropped about 5-10mg in my glass pipe and held the lighter over it. it had a really foul taste, but an extremely pleasant body high. wasn't at all dissociative for me, but that mightjust be the small dose i used. vomited once or twice

are certain vendors known to have contaminated product, or is it based on batch?

Yeah, you're not gonna get any major effects at such a small dosage level. Try 50-100mg, and see how you feel. You can always up-titrate from there till you get somewhere nice. I've only vaped to accompany oral/insufflated dosages, so I'm not sure exactly how much it takes to get good and good from vaporized alone.

Uhh, why did you vomit!? Was it that strong at 5-10mg?

As for contamination, I don't think any of the NMR spectra that were posted here a while back were pure. I'd pretty much count on it being contaminated unless you/someone can prove otherwise.

next time i try it (if i try it again) i'll try a higher dose, see where it takes me.

that said, will 4-meo-pcp show up on a drug test? I've tried google it but i can't seem to find any information on it. if such a question isn't allowed I apologize, just let me know and i'll remove it.

:! You have me very interested in this ROA but now hearing about the impure samples... that's very lame.

I've tried reading about PCC hoping to profile it a bit in order to somewhat determine if the sample I have contains it. My sample looks like a barely off-white crystalline substance that has a tendancy to stick to itself and the bag a bit... it also has a decently strong smell thats a bit hard for me to pin down. Would you be kind enough to describe your sample to me briefly? Thanks :)

I should point out, you will not be able to see if it contains PCC. Maybe you could smell it, or taste it, if you knew what PCC smelled/tasted like. I'm guessing you don't so you can either:

1) Get it analysed
2) Check the melting point - reported to be 50-51 degrees C for the freebase and 177-178.5 degrees or 230-232 degrees for the HCl salt (anyone have a better ref for the m.p. of the HCl salt?)

The melting point will be significantly lower if it's contaminated with PCC. If it dissolves in water you probably have the HCl salt. If it doesn't dissolve in water but dissolves in ethanol (90%+) you have the freebase.

3) Throw it away
4) Take it anyway, knowing that it might contain a significant percentage of PCC

Obviously I don't recommend number 4, though it seems PCC isn't that bad for you.

Never Knows Best - both the freebase and HCl salt should dissolve in ethanol, what percentage did you use?

Last edited:
Hmm, I don't recall exactly, I'll have to try it in some 151 or something next time I buy booze (or I could get everclear I guess). I probably was just using something too weak. Would the base dissolve in IPA? If so I could test it right now.

Ok so it's probably the freebase, which would explain the smell :)

If you have a thermometer it should be pretty easy to check the melting point as it's so low for the freebase. You could maybe put a few crystals in a small glass of water and warm it up (say in a saucepan of water) slowly until they melt, with the thermometer in the glass with the crystals.

Edit: Yeah you could make a salt, but if you want to know if it's pure or not you're better off using the freebase because the melting point is more convenient.

Last edited:
Found a cooking thermometer, I'll edit in melting point result in a bit.

Edit: It started melting at 41*C, so that would indicate that it is indeed the freebase, possibly with a contaminant with a lower melting point, such as PCC (which I suspected to be in there anyway)?

Hmm, I was gonna turn it into the salt so I could inject it, but if it's all contaminated maybe I don't want to...I wonder how that would impact toxicity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.