• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Shooting Ritalin

Sister R

Bluelighter
Hi. Can anyone tell me if injecting Ritalin (10mg)causes any damages in body/veins/brains. I've been takin it intravenously about one month during weekends and I'd like to keep it that way. Dosage has been 40-60mg/shot.
If someone has experience shooting Ritalin pleas tell me how to avoid danger and/or tips how to make the rush more intense and effect longlasting I'd grateful.
R rules!

Originally posted by Sister R:
Hi. Can anyone tell me if injecting Ritalin (10mg)causes any damages in body/veins/brains. I've been takin it intravenously about one month during weekends and I'd like to keep it that way. Dosage has been 40-60mg/shot.
If someone has experience shooting Ritalin pleas tell me how to avoid danger and/or tips how to make the rush more intense and effect longlasting I'd grateful.
R rules!

I doubt that IV ritalin would be any more dangerous than taking it orally, unless you take into account the fact that you are probably injecting a few other chemicals than methylphenidate(pill binders, talc, wtf they make the pills with) into your bloodstream. As for making it last longer, the only way this can be done is by taking a step down from IV(say, IM or snorting even). Making the rush more intense? Boost your dose.
BTW, I have never injected ritalin, just making some educated guesses.

I think that you can get Granulomas from the fillers and shit in the Pills, much like you can with Oxycontin. Anyway, if you're shooting pills into your veins it says addict to me.

No offense, but if you're jabbing a needle in your arm at least shoot something worthwhile in there like crystal meth.
Ritalin is SUCH a godamn kiddy pussy pseudo-amphetamine I honestly don't know why you bother. Do you also understand that a 10mg Ritalin pill is a shitload bigger and heavier than 10mg, that meanst that the pill itself is something like 90% not Ritalin, which means you're shooting alot of nasty shit into your arm unless you're running this through a micropore filter, which I doubt you are, since you're 'clever' enough to shoot perscription medication meant for oral consumption into your veins.
Please, either stop now or end up darwinizing yourself, lots of people have done very nasty shit to their arms and bodies shooting up pills which aren't meant to be shot into the blood-stream.

^^^ Ditto. Looks like some intelligence is shining through the clouds here. Take this man's advice.

I've IVed ritalin & hate it, i think the feeling is disgusting, like you wanna crawl out of your skin, yuk yuk yuk!
um as for safety, well as someone said is jam-packed full of nasty shit. Use cold water, filter it & if you can get hold of one then use a wheel filter.
[ 07 June 2002: Message edited by: *kell* ]

I agree with UN.
Also, don't shoot pills. If you want to shoot something speedy, shoot meth or shoot coke, both provide a far better rush and are healthier to inject.
Ritalin was only meant to be snorted, or for those of us who have matured a bit, sold to kiddies at exorbitant prices.

Originally posted by fairnymph:
If you want to shoot something speedy, shoot meth or shoot coke, both provide a far better rush and are healthier to inject.
Keep in mind that I've been shooting speed balls all day long so, I don't exactly practice what I preach, but you honestly think shooting meth or coke is safe than a properly filtered pill? BAH! Unless you're one talented chemist making that meth, or processing the coca leaves yourself- who know what the fuck Billy-Joe-Crank-Maker cut his last batch with- oh wait, what final "wash?"
doc

It's really a lose-lose situation... you can bang pills and have to deal with talc and that nasty shit, or you can bang stuff like meth and risk injecting god-knows-what ...
IV Ritalin shouldn't be *THAT* bad but why not just take it orally? The other pill shit is REALLY NOT GOOD TO INJECT!

Hi and thanks to everyone who answered.
I have my history with speed and that's why I think Ritalin is better drug for me. You never know what's in the shit you get on the street and good meth very rarely ends in my hands... So I think it's safer to take Ritalin - at least you know what you get. And I have sure been using filters and cold water, my own syringes and needels and try to be as hygienic as possible (almost too neurotic even I think)...
But the truth is that it works longer when I eat it. I never snort anything - YAK that!
Have a nice summer with or without drugs! PLUR