• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How do you take your suboxone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone help me? My sis is taking Suboxone right now and claims that she can barely lift her head in the morning and it's making her feel really off balance and SUPER, SUPER, SUPER, SUPER tired. Is this from the withdrawals? Or is this how the Suboxone makes you feel? I'm scared that she's not getting the proper dosage. She's taking the 8MG/2MG twice daily and she keeps saying that she doesn't want to take it because of the HORRIBLE SIDE EFFECTS. I saw her and she looks a mess. Do you think that Suboxone is prescribed for alcoholics and drug addicts? She is an alcoholic, but won't admit it and I'm afraid that she never told her Dr. that she drank heavy and this may be a side effect from her drinking with the pills. She's also taking Lexipro for depression and some Xanax at times along with a sleeping pill here and there at night. Please help me understand. I think that she went to the Dr. to get off the Vicodin and never told her Dr. about all of her other problems like drinking heavy. The Dr. may need to know all this in order to help her...what does everyone think??

Suboxone should never be mixed with alcohol. Drinking is what making her sick. Should tell doctor she is taking Xanax and sleeping pills, leave that up to doctors discretion.

i always snort it, since the taste is disgusting.

I did plug it, my i got rid of ALL drug paraphenilia in my room so i have to make due.

I figured why get caught with drug using things, when i wasnt even using them anymore

hi. n00b. I don't intend to pop sh** with a vet w/ 400+ posts but...

I'm so sick of people complaining about the flavor of Suboxone. I can't help but think someone who complains about its flavor must have had a weak ass habit, because if you knew the true hell of a life of addiction, having to taste a mildly bitter lemon-live flavored life-saving tablet would be the least of your concerns.

Bullocks! I have been taking sub for a year and 1/2. Agreed, it's a life saver. I was taking 16+ roxy 30ml & 4-8 oxy 80ml a day for 3 years or so. I don't intend to compare the hell of going cold turkey(which I did w/out tapering many times..stupid I know) to taking my sub everyday; apples and oranges. But... the first time I took sub I threw up. Since then I have progressed to puking 8 out of 10 times I take it(orally always). My doc suggested taking sub by needle though never being into H or shooting I'm not crazy about the idea. The problem is; like someone with an eating disorder I throw up so much that in the past months I started puking blood. :p I know, gross. My point is everyone reacts differently to everything. I can bang lines of oxy80 like it's my job without choking on a drip but I've come to dread taking my sub. It's about quality of life. I'm currently trying to get my doc to put me on subutex to see if it makes a difference.
Anybody else have problems this severe triggered by taking it as directed?

Rorshach said:
Suboxone should never be mixed with alcohol. Drinking is what making her sick.

:script: I can't even have a pint without getting twice as sick.

Thanks for reading my two cents :)

Patty girl, tell your sister to take 2-4mg's at a time & assure her she wont get sick. This will likely dispel negative side effects & enable her to go out everyday life with plenty of energy & a better buzz.

Once every other day: (8mb Subutex, 20mg chlorpheniramine maleate, 50mg diphenhydramine HCL, & 17 drops 1,4-butandiole, along with a tiny sprinkle of MiraLaX - maybe 150mg?) all added to a 20-30ml syringe. The 20-30ml syringe is half fulled with water, and plunger carefully inserted. This is shaken until the pills have disintegrated into the water, and what your left with is the mostly insoluble binders...leave it all in there, the binders won't hurt anyone this way. Then face syringe up, and push the air out, and pull in more warm water from sink until syringe is full. Shake a few more tines, until all you see is the flotsamey filler which won't dissolve. Then PLUG this up the old poop shoot. I'm not kiding, this is the absolute best way to take bupe. Really makes the bupe feel like a strong opioid. The combo of these 4 drugs really does such a nice thing. You;ll see. For me, it's almost always plugging. No reason to do anything else, unless i'm out in public and just happen to want some sub, so i'll break off a small chip off a Subutex (from an old Rexall tin I carry with me), and push taht under my tongue or between cheek. Hope it's not too muh info?!

I'm so sick of people complaining about the flavor of Suboxone. I can't help but think someone who complains about its flavor must have had a weak ass habit, because if you knew the true hell of a life of addiction, having to taste a mildly bitter lemon-live flavored life-saving tablet would be the least of your concerns.

If Reckitt Benckiser started to flavor Suboxone with my very own concentrated shit and piss, I could still care less.

And to answer the topic of this thread, I just take it sublingually. I tried snorting it once and didn't get anything out of it. I don't "enjoy" the flavor per se, but everyday I look forward to that wonderful dose of Suboxone, because without it I would have blown my head off a long time ago.

wow, so under your logic, any addict that has a real habit will love the taste of suboxone? dude, i lost everything to drugs and then some. my habit was far beyond being weak, but i still don't like the flavor and never will. that doesn't mean i will stop taking it, because like someone else said, it's a small price to pay for the benefits of what Subs do for you. you could just say you are annoyed with people talking about the flavor instead of making totally ridiculous assumptions about other people's lives based on whether they like the flavor of a pill. chill out.

I hope nobody on suboxone listens to bowviper's post. Sometimes people that get addicted to drugs and then clean up develop a superiority complex where nobody has seen why they've seen and so on. Taste is subjective, telling somebody they weren't an addict because of their tastebuds is easily the dumbest post I've read on this site and in the running for the dumbest thing I've ever read.

I don't like the taste either, but it is a very useful tool for staying clean so I really am not going to complain. At least it doesn't taste like a Soma. It could be worse. And for those who get tired on it..??? Every morning, I have my sub sitting on my table next to the alarm clock and I pop it as soon as I wake up. Within 5-10 min. I feel restless and want to get out of bed and I get dressed, etc. It feels like I'm on 3 cups of coffee. I never got sick on it, just a little high the first two days. I can't get out of bed without my sub in the morning. The problem is waiting for it to melt before brushing my teeth. That's my only complaint.

muscle cramps on subs...?

Excuse me mods, there may be a more effective spot for my post, but this is the thread I was currently reading so I thought it would fit fine.

I was wondering if anyone else gets mild muscle cramps and pains while on sub? Its very strange because I know its not an effect of withdrawl or anything. I know what withdrawling feels like, and the pain associated with it. But I'll simultaneously have a tiny bupe buzz, everything will be as it usually is, but then I'll just get this achey muscle pain. It's only when I take bupe, not other opiates. It just seems strange and was wondering if anyone has either similar symptoms, or could explain this via some chemical mechanism, etc...:\

Can anyone help me? My sis is taking Suboxone right now and claims that she can barely lift her head in the morning and it's making her feel really off balance and SUPER, SUPER, SUPER, SUPER tired. Is this from the withdrawals? Or is this how the Suboxone makes you feel? I'm scared that she's not getting the proper dosage. She's taking the 8MG/2MG twice daily and she keeps saying that she doesn't want to take it because of the HORRIBLE SIDE EFFECTS. I saw her and she looks a mess. Do you think that Suboxone is prescribed for alcoholics and drug addicts? She is an alcoholic, but won't admit it and I'm afraid that she never told her Dr. that she drank heavy and this may be a side effect from her drinking with the pills. She's also taking Lexipro for depression and some Xanax at times along with a sleeping pill here and there at night. Please help me understand. I think that she went to the Dr. to get off the Vicodin and never told her Dr. about all of her other problems like drinking heavy. The Dr. may need to know all this in order to help her...what does everyone think??

I can try to help...

The 1rst question, the reason she can barely lifet her head and is super, super tired is because she is on WAY too much suboxone. 2nd question, it is not prescribed for alcoholism, it is prescribed for people addicted to opiates. The Xanax is most likely greatly increasing the side effects, sedation, sleepiness, etc. I doubt her alcohol intake is effecting the Suboxone much, it [alcohol] tends to precipitate withdrawl symptoms. If anything she is hung-over and what not.

What do I think...

Well its very possible she went on it to get off the Vicodin, which IMO is major overkill and that doctor is no good. Seek a 2nd opinion immediately and tell her to be honest there seems to be alot effecting her. Over-all I would say she is on WAY, WAY too high of a dose.

As for the Original ? I switched back to snorting my 1mg each day. I have been on Suboxone now for shit I couldnt even tell you, 8 years.

Peace,
Seedless

Snort 1-2mg. This isn't to stay clean. I don't mind the taste of it when I'm not doing it everyday

no kidding. i think suboxone tastes like orange peels mixed with Pepto-Bismal. I pretty much throw up every morning because of the taste alone. My doctor told me to crush it up into a powder and then put it under my tongue with 2 drops of water and let it sit for 10 minutes and then just spit it out so that I don't taste it so much. That seems to help and now I only gag instead of throwing up. That stuff is wretched. Also, banging it is stupid. I've done it before (after being on subs for awhile) and it didn't do anything different. I don't think Suboxone will get you high no matter how you administer it... unless you have a low tolerance or are a non-opiate user maybe.... or are just really damn lucky.

wow im definately going to try that because I literally cannot out that pill under my tongue without gagging and almost throwing up..does it work?

I just want to say, Yes Sublingualy is the best way to take it since that is the prescribed way, but also i took oc's and fentanyl patches for 7yrs 80mg oc twice a day and 100mg Patch a day
more if i could get my hands on it anyways i have takn sub now for 2 yrs and a couple months i always used it sublingualy (undertounge) recently i have been snorting them i thank god for suboxone since it has saved my wife's my brother's his wife and also my life and some of our friends of course once you are addicted to opiates it will always call on you to do some even while on suboxone. but suboxone does truly stop the cravings yes the taste is pretty bad but as oxycontin was bad tasteing at first then u get used to it just like alcohol when u start it tastes like shit then people get a taste for it.... anyways suboxone is not supposed to be shot up (iv) subutex can be they got suboxone so people wont shoot it up nothing to do with snorting it you can snort either one suboxone has a chemical in it so you cant get a high when you shoot it up and yes you can get very high from suboxone i have many times of course i dont feal high from it anymore but i do need it n the mornings and throughout the day. to feal normal like when you where a kid and never tried drugs that is what it makes you feal like after a few months on it. but of course as all addict's will have a want to get a "high" every now in then and that is why i started snorting suboxone and truthfully it does get you high not a massive one but a pretty good buzz. that's after ive taken it for 2 years that i tried to snort it it seems to not have a long half life as if you sublingualy use it i dont recommend anyone to snort suboxone or to abuse it but it can be abused. it is an abusable drug anything that makes you feal better then normal or diffrent from normal can be abused anyways i just wanted to let you know yes suboxone can be snorted plugged and sublinguly taken, the chemical that is put in suboxone that is not in subutex does make it where you cant get a high if you shoot it up. so if you are craving that bad to shoot it up dont! you need to take it as prescribed or take a little more then normal under tounge i wouldnt suggest snorting but for those of you who have a snorting habbit it can be done without worring about withdraw's i am currently doing it right now plz i advise anyone and everyone to be safe suboxone has diffrent effect's on all people just like anything. and can cause severe sickness if you have never used it so have a dr. prescribe first even tho i didnt i started on it when i was w/d from med's and didnt have any and my brother came and poppd one under my tounge and 20mins later ijumpd up and thot i took some pills i hope this helps with anyone's questions about shooting or snorting or sublingual. plz cross out the shooting with suboxone no use trust me subutex you can shoot and get a high i would not advise it since you are taking it to get off of opiates just try to relax when your FEALING the need for a high just make that decison on putting it under tounge and 20 minutes later you will be happy and proud of your self for nto shooting it up , suboxone and subutex can both be snorted and sublingualy taken.

I just split the sub in half, then stick it under my tongue. As long as all the junk stays under there, I hardly even taste it, but it's pretty hard to keep it there. I don't mind the taste that much anyway, the thing I like least about it is how time consuming it is to take, and how I can't talk while I'm on it, but it beats the shit out of WD's and the psychological awfulness that come with getting of opiates.

to the person with the sister: alcohol and opioids have NEVER mixed well for me, I used to be able to take alcohol no problem, but on heroin OR suboxone I can only have a couple beers before I start throwing up. downer + downer = sooooo much greater risk for OD!!

I plug it because I hate the taste. If I have to take it sublingually I crush it first and put the powder under my tongue, cuts the time it takes to dissolve almost to nothing.

I use it for maintenence, haven't done opiates in a while.

It took me one year on 12mg sub daily to discover that, if snorted, any powder that 'drains' down your throat does nothing. If I toot (very lightly) small amounts at a time ( 1 - even .25mg) and let it stick to my mucous membrane in the back of my nose, i can acheive the same feeling as putting 4mg under my tongue.
This is great for me, as i am one of those people who are disgusted by the taste. If I snort just right, i won't taste it at all, plus i only have to do a total of 2mg a day instead of 12, which is great on the wallet. My motto - "if you taste it, you waste it".;)
A while back, I told my friend of my ROA, and he informed me that subs are horrible on your nose, even more so than other pills, and that i should never insuffilate them. Does anyone know if there is truth to this? Do they really destroy your nose more quickly than other opiates?
Thanks for any replies,
proud new BlueLighter - zolton

OMG what a cool forum! I was just reading the "Do Not Snort Suboxone No Matter What" thread and guys are so cool! I feel I belong here.

I've snorted subutex and suboxone and I find they both work.

Status
Not open for further replies.