• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How do you take your suboxone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow i started this thread in 2008, i've been to 4 rehabs, 2 halfway houses and 2 overdoses since then lol...

i'm sober now, but when i was on suboxone I pluggd them. no i'm not a fag. I just cant stand the fucking taste at all. and when i plugg'd, i didn't taste a thing, just a warm fuzzy feeling.
only used 2-4mg per use.

btw dont plug everyday..

Okay...so i need some help here and some input...
I took my first suboxone strip dose of half of a 8mg...
I took it after only about 5 hours of not taking, i took a 30mg at around 12 in the morning and then another half at about 1230....i got the subs from the pharmacy at around 2, and waiting til 6 to try a first dose...I DID NOT FEEL SHIT!....this was my first times taking it once again....I know i took it too early but on top of that i just blew a 30 literally 20 min after the suboxone...It def gave me a euphoric effect in that it makes my nose feel nice, I really think i may have taken the subs wrong or something,(under the tongue let it dissolve)...Wut does it feel like to be on the subs...and am i just superman that i can take a 30mg right after and feel it???

Need some thoughts....

I definitely agree with the post saying not to mix alcohol and Suboxone, have experience with that too. Think about it… if your taking suboxone to get off of (let’s say for an example) oxycontin and you mix it with suboxone, your gonna get sick. It’s just how it works.
I accidently swallowed one of mine a while back when I was trying to get off pain killers, while still having very real pain. I discovered that if you swallow it, it doesn’t absorb in your system correctly, basically passing straight threw. So since I didn’t let it dissolve under my tongue, well I’m sure you get the picture.
I never snorted it, personally suboxone is part of a treatment I’d recommend to keep it beneficial, but dissolving under the tongue is similar to snorting, referring to it quickly being introduced into the bloodstream. That’s all I know about snorting suboxone.

just under my tongue, works very well with the strips. I still have some of the tablets and have recently tried snorting microscopic amounts while using less of the strips, it may be placebo but it's helped me to lower my dose. Of course part of that was relapsing on heroin for a few weeks, when I got back on the subs it was much easier to get myself down to a lower dose after the first few days.

I had gotten to a point where I was taking way too much suboxone and ran out early.... it was fun going back to H for a minute but I don't want to live that way so I'm trying to maintain on as little amount of sub as possible, however if cravings come back I will raise my dose.

I've never injected drugs, so I mainly use sub sublingually. It's a lifesaver for me. It's too easy to fall back into the H scene and let life pass you by, I'm thankful for suboxones ability to take away my wd's and cravings.

well i do not suggest this in ne way but if you are prescribed subutex you can always iv em... now that i am on the films i have only 1 way to take em and that is under meh tongue... but iv subutex is good... or great if u been clean for a minute.. ;) im gettin off the subs so hopefully soon the best way to take em will be no way at all hah

Just put it under ur tounge, its only 10minutes worth of nasty taste vs. days and days of puking and cold sweats. I was on a bad h habit and subs have saved me

I was thinking about something. I used to have bupernex injections and that was something like .25mg/1ml and it got me high as hell. I have heard alot of places that in smaller doses the med becomes similar to a full opioid agonist. Well maybe the reason no one gets high is because the half life of the drug is so long and most people dose everyday so the amount of the drug builds up in your system and reaches a level higher then what would make it a full opioid agonist and that would explain why at first you feel high but then no longer feel anything and also would explain why its uses as a pain medication at lower doses ...any ideas

I found this on a government site and found it interesting

Buprenorphine is a synthetic opiate and produces the euphoric effects sought by opiate abusers; therefore, it is susceptible to abuse in both of the forms approved for treating opiate addiction. Subutex, the form that does not contain naloxone, is more vulnerable to abuse because it can be crushed and injected or snorted without causing withdrawal symptoms in the abuser. The FDA recommends that physicians limit the use of Subutex to supervised administration sessions; however, physicians are not required to do so, creating opportunities for Subutex diversion. Subutex has been prescribed legally for years in some foreign countries, where its diversion for illicit use is common. There are lucrative black markets for diverted Subutex in Germany, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom. In France, India, and Scotland, where buprenorphine is far more common in opiate addiction therapy than methadone, many individuals are addicted to Subutex. Suboxone is not available in these countries.

Suboxone also can be diverted and abused; however, it is more likely to be abused by individuals who are addicted to low doses of opiates since it can precipitate withdrawal symptoms in high doses. The naloxone in Suboxone guards against abuse by causing withdrawal symptoms in abusers who crush and either inject or snort the drug; however, law enforcement and pharmacist reporting indicates that Suboxone is being abused successfully when snorted.

Using buprenorphine and heroin in combination does not produce increased effects, but if buprenorphine and methadone are abused together, the effects of both drugs are enhanced. Consequently, diverted buprenorphine may be attractive to patients currently using methadone for opiate addiction therapy.

Despite controls designed to make buprenorphine diversion-proof, there have been reports of buprenorphine diversion throughout the United States, primarily in the Northeast region.

Chittenden County, Vermont. A pharmacist in this area reports that Suboxone is being diverted and sold for *NO PRICES* per 8-milligram tablet. Abusers are grinding the tablets and snorting them.

Washington County, Maine. The Washington County Sheriff's Office reports that buprenorphine is being diverted in that area and sold for *NO PRICES* per tablet. The size of the tablet is unknown, and it is unclear whether Subutex or Suboxone tablets are being diverted in this case.

Pennsylvania. The Pennsylvania Department of Health reports that diverted Subutex and Suboxone are being illegally distributed on the street. Specific locations have not been identified.

Last edited by a moderator:
i snort my subutex, if i put it under my tongue i just start gagging and eventually throw up. but it burns like a bitch. plus i have the generic so it's like sitting around and waiting for a perc 5 to dissolve. they're so big

I am prescribed to 60 8mg films per month, which I usuallly just throw away, stash, or sell while I shoot heroin. :p

Sublingually, and insuffalated... I don't use it often, only when I run out of my pain Meds early.

Sniff my pills with a saline spray chaser 2-4mg
With the films I sometimes do sublingual sometimes make a spray on rare occasion IV.

Subutex, the form that does not contain naloxone, is more vulnerable to abuse because it can be crushed and injected or snorted without causing withdrawal symptoms in the abuser. The FDA recommends that physicians limit the use of Subutex to supervised administration sessions

Suboxone also can be diverted and abused; however, it is more likely to be abused by individuals who are addicted to low doses of opiates since it can precipitate withdrawal symptoms in high doses. The naloxone in Suboxone guards against abuse by causing withdrawal symptoms in abusers who crush and either inject or snort the drug

Really dumb. Even our government is ill advised about the fact that naloxone DOES NOT cause abusers to go into withdrawals. :\

yeaa man i got you.. i actually got one tonight, which is why i found this forum haha. the wonderful part about snorting subs, is that you can snort a much smaller about for a surprisingly good buzz/euphoric feeling. it might just be how my body takes it, because ive abused many drugs and opiates in the past, so it dosent burn my nose or anything.. i snort like 1/8 and im feeling great.. i sort of forgot last time i snorted because i went overboard and was blacked out off and on for two days... during a school week..hahah idk how i wasnt caught but i was so sick. dont overdo it if you snort, it can turn ugly quick.. i wouldn't advise snorting more then a half..even a half is much. it also depends what miligram pill it is... 2, 4, or 8...whatever tho just my preference on em now..im runnin my mouth, so good luck to all new and veteran opiate users!! =D

i snort my subs

and then i'll usually pop klonopin/diphenhydramine and try to get a nodLOL

Status
Not open for further replies.