• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How do you take your suboxone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
suboxone truly is a life saver. And well said, "it is a small price to pay" rather than cold turkeying it. You know the goose flesh? That is what I heard is where they came up with the phrase "cold turkey". Also, pain receptors are very, very close to temperature receptors physically, that's why your temp gets wacky. if you run out of your suboxone too early, you will look forward to that nasty orange bismol taste. Besides, tasting your brain chemistry going through drastic changes to me tastes horrible too.

well i've been plugging my suboxone for about 2 weeks now if not that, and i havn't been able to have a good bowl movement, also my stomach is always fucking in pain, i havn't been able to eat anything and if i do i just throw it up, whats wrong with me?

Looking for peace

Hi... New member here... I'm considering getting a Dr. appt for suboxone. I've managed to get my alcohol intake down to a 12-pack of beer a day, but my opiate intake is still like 2 Lortab 10's every 4 hours. I can't afford this anymore, and a friend suggested suboxone. I've had methadone, and I love the fact that I can take one or two and feel "good/happy" all day. That's all I need, just to feel mildly happy. I can live with that. My questions are: What should I tell the Dr. to make sure I don't get rejected? And should I mention the alcoholism?

Looking forward to any info for a better way to feel human... Thx, =T=

How to plug my sobo? And does zolpedem(ambien)show up as benzos in a urine test. cause i cheated and ate some k-pins and xanies. will i pass because i take zolpedem???

Addiction is addiction, so what do you mean by "People who suffer from True life of addiction?" Is one addiction truer than the other? I don't think so! But I do believe that it takes some people a while longer to reach the point in soberiety(sp?) that you have obviously gotten to......and congrats on that;) but I mean, you got extremely upset because a person who is obviously trying to get clean, was trying to figure out a way to get high off of their life saving medication But really, how many times have you tried to get clean and how many set backs have you had? Who are you to judge another addict because they want to find a way to get high off of their medication? Sure the medication he is using is to help rid him of a life of opiates and addiction. But in all reality, no matter what the medication is, even if it is to treat adiction................In the long run, Addiction is addiction! And like I've heard so many times before, Relapse is part of recovery, regaurdless of what the addict is using to try and get high! It takes some people a long time to realize that Suboxone is truly a life saver for opiate addicts, and sometimes it takes a very long time to get over the cravings of Opiates and getting high. Someday he will realize (on his own) that trying to get high off of Suboxone is just something that isn't going to happen if you are a long term user of Suboxone. ;)

I want to plug my sobo cause i had to help out a friend get off dope and shorted myself so i wanted to know if i can do less plugging it and still maintain... thats all.

Sobo's did save my life i od'ed in 2006 relapsed a few times but now im a father and sober as far as that goes while on suboxone and ambien(just cuz im used to sedating myself to sleep). I dont need to anymore but i do have trouble sleeping since i dont fade out no more. So srry if i offended anyone with my misuse of a life saving drug. I thank god for every day i wake up and stay off of junk. And i stay sober for me most of all but lookin at my 2 year old sons eyes gives me all the motivation i need.

-R

I know there's many diffrent ways to take it, I've tried them all sept the butt teqnique, haha. Serously.

IMO, The best way to take it is up the nose, I usually will inhale a nice 4mg line of suboxone, with a rolled piece of paper,(since all my $ goes into the suboxone script, haha) and make 2 nice lines. I make sure there all nice and 'chunk-free'. So here I go,(BTW: I fucking hate the taste of suboxone, The lemon-lime bull shit, I like lemons and limes but theres no way in hell they can do this..) So I look at the 2 lines, and know when I do this about 2-3mins into it I'm going to have a AWFUL, drip come from the brain( lol, maybe its my brain telling me something, like.. "wtf, i'm going to shit, and make it come down your throat"..)
So 1 min prior to snortage I bust out two thing's, my guitar, and my (cock<-haha j/k..) xbox 360.. So here I go! Up the nose it goes, THE instant I do this I IMEADTLY put on my xbox ear-force(the $99.00 xbox head set @ best-buy*totally worth it btw*) and Jam some assassin's creed& The Orange Box(the curent games I'm playing..) I get SO into the game where I hardly notice the taste of the suboxone, but I also have a bucket near so if It happen's I'm ready.. I also like switching to the guitar and playing random chords, and making my own, ( hotel california, is a cool song to play in chords while your dealing with suboxone nose juices, haha). So that's it from me, I'd like to hear your success, and un-successful stories with suboxone intake.. :)
I know this is an old thread, but me just being a Greenlighter and all, I would like to put my 2 cents in. I do mine a different way all the time just because I'm currenly experimenting. Let me just start off by saying that this drug and all others for that fact, affect everyone differently so not everyone will feel the same on every drug. but back to subies....I used to just do them as directed sublingually....but as most addicts do, we try to achieve a better "buzz" or try to get a buzz because we've become accustomed to the drug and built up a tolerance....so I started snorting them....got a good buzz for a few days, buzz stopped. Heard I could plug em.....crushed em up add water, up the shoot. WOW....I could hardly keep my eyes open on 8 mg! Great for a few days....buzz gone again. So I saw a post where one put there suboxone under the upper lip and let it dissolve. I decided to try that method....I broke my 8 mg into 1/4s and let 1/4 at a time dissolve under my top lip. WONDERFUL! You don't swallow any, it takes about 20-25 minutes for it to dissolve completely and then you can do another 1/4 if you wish. But I have definitely found out that LESS IS MORE with Subbies! I know to us opiate users it's hard to get into our thick skulls...atleast with me it did...but I do 4 mg a day now...trying to wait as long as I can before redosing and I seem to get a fairly nice euphoria everyday when "I" do it this way. Of couse it'll never be like the first time ever again and I've come to accept that. But you can take a couple of Benadryl about a half hour before your dose and feel pretty good for a few hours. Sorry so long-winded....and I know none of us should abuse our "Suboxone".....but it's going to happen....whether anyone wants it to or not. Just be safe. And btw....doing ALOT of Suboxone doesn't get you any "higher". Just doesn't happen, so save your orange life savers....get down to as low of a dose as you can, and enjoy! Of course this wont be the same for everyone....as I said above...but it works for me! Worth a try! Good luck and stay safe!

I want to plug my sobo cause i had to help out a friend get off dope and shorted myself so i wanted to know if i can do less plugging it and still maintain... thats all.

well dang...ok yes, you can. I have found that it still lasts for about 12-14 hrs for me plugging and I enjoyed it better because of the BA, just effects wore off quicker. but yes you can plug and maintain or try what i suggested with your upperlip. you are definitely absorbing more that way because you are swalling NONE. good luck! 'Also Ambien is not a benzo. So no, it will not help your drug test. sorry.

Last edited:
sublingually, might give that ethanol trick a shot, being April 20th and all :p

Happy 4-20 everyone. Enjoy yourselves and keep it safe.

I can't believe how long some people are put on bupe. I've detoxed myself using Suboxone, using 2 8mg pills, in like 5 days, with little to no WD symptoms. It's best used when only for a short time like that. It's ridiculous to get someone at doses of 20 mg's per day, I mean come on, that's not even necessary, I don't care how bad your habit was. Even someone who IV's 2 grams of heroin a day could wein down in 2 weeks with less than 20 mg's TOTALl.

uhh whats your point?? you;ve detoxed using 2 8mg pills and look where you are, i am willing to bet you havnt stayed clean off opiates since that detox lol.

Say what?

I know, Suboxone has saved my ass from awful withdraws. I'm still fighting my addiction. Don't get me wrong but suboxone has done great things to people, I just wish they could make them come in different flavors.

8oAnd I guess you want your illegally obtained drugs in varying flavors as well. The POINT is to come clean, admit you're an addict and become healthy in mind, body and spirit; or maybe they don't do the 12-STEP where you live. :(

I shoot my subs just because I don't currently have a script, so I have to obtain them elsewhere, and I can't afford to waste them. I can shoot 1mg and not get sick all day, but if I take it sublingually I'm sick by 3 or 4 oclock.

plugged is the only way, but suboxone sux. the naloxone in it truly does make you sweaty for a few minutes. plugging minimises this, but sheate, Subutex if your gonna do bupe, not Suboxone.

Haha the only way? isn't it more bio if you do it under the tongue? Not laughing AT you its just ive never heard anyone say "plugging it is the only way to go" when referring to suboxone.

ive been taking suboxone now for about 4 months. i recently started shooting it using ISO alcohol though (i only had the 70% pure stuff and its been working fine. i would assume w/ the 91-99% stuff you would need a larger gauge needle than the 1/2cc's i use. i realize the naloxone has no effect, however bupe as most know now is more soluble in ISO). anyway, my tolerance has (unsurprisingly), gone up tremendously so be very weary if u wanna shoot. i was taking 4 mgs daily. now in order to nod out i need about 5 8mg pills 0_0 !! and yes it is effective at that amount depsite what ppl will say. it takes forever to filter. my technique is to crush them up as finely as possible and add about a cap full of ISO from the bottle (i dont bother to measure it out, i just eye it now). it takes me forever to filter (also, a question to others who shoot. how many times do u need to add a new cotton?? even for like 2 pills i use 3 or so. normally i have to go through about 5 or 6, the inert filler i suppose blocks them up enventually?). once i have, i end up w/ a clear orange liquid which i filter twice more. the color does not change. i then either:
a.) let sit in the sun if its warm, (it evaporates faster than u would think..15-20 mins maybe)
or
b.) use a lighter if im in a hurry. i hold it FAR AWAY so as not to light the spoon on fire
i have a question though, i once read on this site someones post that they ended with a clear yet milky white substance. i do not see how this is possible. the food coloring wont go away no matter how much you filter and even once fully evaporated theres stll some orange resin, am i not doing it as well as i could be?
-also note:the final cottons from the final filter i save up and use just like H cottons. they are effective too.
i usually boot it as soon as it can fit in a syringe tho despite the pain from the ISO. it makes for a rush till the bupe hits.

Last edited:
You know that rolling stones song "Under my thumb"?

Change one word... UNDER MY Tongue

I have tried every method of using suboxone. IMO:
Sublingual has the lowest effect but the nalone is the least active this way so this is how I start off after a replase (that's another post this one is about ROA)
Snorting is the next best, being slightly quicker, but any that drips is a waste because Subs are ineffective when swallowed.
Plugging is very effective and will let use use less. The downsides to this - the naloxone is more active this way so avoid it the first couple of days and is causes some level of sweatiness everytime I do it. I do mine a hour or so before I get up to avoid this. I do it real quick with a dose I dissolved overnight in a 3cc syringe next to my bed overnight then go back to sleep to avoid this. (I also lets me enjoy a hour of feeling warm in bed in the morning before I have to get up for work). Also the amount of time it is effective seems to be less so I get a little chilly before bed - but once I am asleep it doesn't bother me.
I have shot it up a couple of times before. Avoid this. It is not much more effective than plugging and much more dangerous. Also the nalonxe is at it's most potent this way so the 15 min of discomfort is greater. Then there's the dangers of needles, shooting up pills ... blah blah everything you've heard before. Finally DO NOT do this unless you have had not other opiods for several days. I did this ONCE 24 hrs after a heroin replase and thought it would be long enough. I was seriously wrong. Right after I shot it, I sneezed 4 times. I then ran to the toilet and threw up, then spent the next 2 hrs in the shower dry heaving and sobbing wishing I would die. The most miserable and painful 2hrs I every been through, and I've been through some miserable, painful times (not just from drugs) I would say just don't do it, but I know how we junkies are. So... do believe me, try it for yourself, go find out then come back and tell me I was right.
Anyway, I hope some of this was helpful. I know I have learned alot from this site (usually through Google) and want to share back on something I know. I hope to be here more often now that I've registered.

suboxone...

How much does suboxone 8mg run in pharmacies? Like a 40 tab of it. I'm asking about chain pharmacies like cvs, rite aid, duane reade, walgreens, etc...somewhere that most areas have. I live in NY, Long Island.

i used to snort it. but i hate the drip, that taste in the back of my throat makes me wanna gag.

now just put it under my tongue.

I have the Film strips so I put it under my tongue. Dissolves much quicker than the tablets. Kicks in much quicker too so no real reason to snort it.

Status
Not open for further replies.