• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How do you take your suboxone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can try to help...

it [alcohol] tends to precipitate withdrawl symptoms.

would love to know a bit more about this,

can you elaborate ? I kind of thought something like this, but put it down to hangover

also 8 years wow, love to hear your opinion on bupe withdrawals after long term maintenance dosages.

I snort bupe

A while back, I told my friend of my ROA, and he informed me that subs are horrible on your nose, even more so than other pills, and that i should never insuffilate them. Does anyone know if there is truth to this? Do they really destroy your nose more quickly than other opiates?

I aked this question in the bupe megathread and never received an answer(megathreads suck), so I looked into it myself.
I beleive it dosnt destroy your nose quicker than other opiates.

it is made to be taken sublingually, a pretty similar action is taking place when used intranasally, while not identical as the mouth a lot more resilient, its made to put things in.

It still is made to be absorbed by mucus membrane, so while over time, large amounts may cause issues if it is happening waay to much, not letting the nose recover, it generally will happen a lot slower than most substances. with minimal damage.

so why i say it wouldnt be 100% free of issues, serious damage to the nasal passage most likely can be avoided.

of course, I dont state this as fact, and im always looking to disprove or prove this theory.

I snort it, generally 2mg and then maybe 40 minutes later I'll do another 2mg.

n.b. I have a high tolerance, naturally, to opiates, so a n00b should not dose as I do heh :|.

thanks boodha, i was thinking the same thing. in my opinion, i bet my friend's doc told him it was horrible on his nose to snort just because he wanted to discourage him from doing so. it seems it would be easier on your nose than other pills because it is actually made to absorb... perhaps. i've sniffed this stuff every day for about two years and my nose is never even sore, just gets a little dry (always at night for some reason). 50 dollars a week vs 700 dollars a week makes all the the difference too :)

depends on the dosage IMO, if your 4 mg or over just subL it, too much powder to snort.... starts to burn after awhile.

ever since im down to an eighth though snorting has been my way

Haven't tried snorting Subs. Just got off methadone liquid after 1 1/2 years and tired of paying $11 a day and going to the clinic once a week for my bottles. Doesn't sound like much compared to what I used to pay for OCs and all the time I spent making deals and runs all around the state. The first time I tried suboxone was before I started the clinic and I just swallowed 8mg pills every day for 2 weeks. I tried the first one sublingually but almost puked and wasted the whole thing because of the god-awful taste. My supplier ran out so I went to methadone. In my state we can only get liquid (I know some states allow methadone pills or even give you a choice of which you want, but not here) so I traded my liquid mg for mg to a friend for pills she was prescribed from the pain clinic as she preferred the liquid. I would then snort the methadone pills 1/4 of a 10mg at a time for about 20mg a day. On the liquid I was taking 50mg a day. Snorting methadone burns like hell and doesn't really feel any different but I have a snorting habit and love it. I was on coke bad for a while and was going through almost an 8-ball a day back then.

My favorite thing to snort though is OxyContin. I've seen a lot of you talk about hating the taste of Oxys at first. Well I've loved the taste since the first one that a friend crushed up and mixed in with the coke I had lined out. Nothing tastes like it and it's a taste I crave far worse than craving cocaine. Crack addicts say they taste crack all the time when they want it. Well I've smoked crack before and would rather have an Oxy any day. The drain is semi-orgasmic if you ask me. I've been an addict for nearly 5 years in all and I've burnt myself out on most of my former drugs of choice. I hate the taste of percs and vicodin. I can get that from a tylenol. As a result, I'm able to watch someone snort a perc in front of me and not want to wring their neck for not offering me any. OCs on the other hand... Second in taste to OCs are the Oxy IR (or Roxycodone.) They're ok, but something in the CR fillers of the continuous release Oxys just tastes so much better. I wish they would just make a sugar pill (placebo) that tastes like an Oxy and I could get clean happily.

More to the point, I'll try snorting my Subs and see if I like it better. I've snorted methadone, with a slight and quick burn, vicoprofen, with a stinging momentary burn, and even once demerol, which felt like I snorted hydrochloric acid. The demerol burned so badly that I ran to the front of my store at work, chugged down a 20oz bottle of Sun Drop and 2 20oz bottles of Dasani water one right after the other and still could barely breathe. My throat hurt for about an hour after that and felt like a severe case of strep. Suboxone, albeit nasty, can't be THAT bad.

Why do people think that just because you inject this, that you are abusing this. I get no high when injecting whatso ever. The reason I prefer injecting are:
  • It is more potent and less is lost if injected. I lived on 2mg/day instead of the 4mg I needed sublingually(actually down to 1mg/day ). This means i spend half the money on my pills.
  • The onset is much quicker too. About 10 minutes versus 90 minutes.
  • I also have a hard time with nasua when I dissolve it sublingually. I want to spit it out, sometime I even vomit. I have a sensitive stomach
Now, I have been taking subs steadily for over 6 months. It has allowed me to quit dope, and pretty much keeps me from wanting to do it most of the time aswell. I also use new needles every time and sterilize the area w/ alcohol before injection.
Now, I realize that the risk of complications is higher because I am injecting a pill with a lot of inerts without a micron filter, but it has genuinely helped me stay off dope. Why does my ROA make me an "abuser" of this drug? I have been having this discussion with my mom for a while. She seems to think that if I'm injecting, that I'm "abusing"

The simplified method is to put a couple drops of high-proof alcohol under your tongue along with the suboxone.

Hold it there until the sub dissolves.

It'll sting at first, but after like, oh idk, 5-10 seconds, you can't really feel it.

Using a couple of drops of scope or listerine works well for this. It dissolves the pill quicker along with covering up some of the nasty taste.
But like I said ONLY a couple of drops, any more than that will probably be too painful to hold in your mouth for ten minutes.

And in response to the original question, under my tongue as directed. If you are going to snort something the 2mg subutex are the only ones that are worth it. Any other subs are just too much filler.

My doc suggested taking sub by needle though never being into H or shooting I'm not crazy about the idea.

your doctor really told you to shoot up?

can you shoot subutex? how should i go about it? how much should i do?

Suboxone/Buprenorphine Megathread and FAQ

Q: Is it safe to shoot Suboxone/Subutex?
A: No. It can cause many of the same complications as shooting other pills. Just because Suboxone/Subutex dissolves easily, unlike other pills, does not mean it's any safer to to shoot. The best advice is to use a micron filter. This* is a good indication of what can happen. (Although that could happen from injecting any other drug/pill.)

Greetings. It's my first time on this forum. I found the site searching for a way to seperate the buprenorphine from the naloxone. Wondering if (safely ingestable) alcohol can do the trick. I have to take it in front of the pharmacists but i've been able to discreetly spit out the noxious liquid after waiting ten minutes or more, twice (in two parts). I take 22mg / day after switching from methadone, which was difficult, having to reduce the dose to 30mg, taking 15mg one day, nothing the next day, then starting suboxone at 8mg, increasing gradually. Anyways, getting used to the taste is hard but i haven't puked so far. I read different things about naloxone. By itself, it is, or contains, (synthetic) thebaine - which is found naturally in the opium poppy, an analgesic stimulant - also in oxycontin. Not sure if this part of the naloxone gets absorbed under the tongue, but i feel much more alert than i did on methadone. Subutex is not even on the market here even though (22mg)buprenorphine seems to work for chronic pain better than 65mg of methadone did - and it lasts about two days. Does anyone know if suboxone is really easier to quit cold turkey? Has anyone heard of Ibogaine? it eliminates all withdrawl symptoms of (even severe) opiate, alcohol and cocaine dependency in less than 3 days, less than an hour for some. Supposedly illegal because of its hallucenogenic effects. What a shame!

^What is your question? You should browse through the Suboxone/Buprenorphine Megathread and FAQ v5.0 before posting again.

Some things I'd advise you to check on...
1. Lowering your suboxone dose. Doses in the range you're taking don't seem to be of any benefit, and seem to add negative side effects. Most people seem able to do better around the 2-4mg range.
2. Learn *basic* opiate pharmacology. Naloxone doesn't contain thebaine. Nor does oxycontin. Naloxone is absorbed under the tongue, just like the bupe is. The bupe has a higher affinity for the opiate receptor... meaning that it binds more forcefully to the pleasure centers in our brain.
3. Understand that NO opiate is ok to quit cold turkey. Many think that suboxone is particularly nasty in withdraws.
4. Ibogaine. Read about it, here, other places, but don't do it. If you do your research you'll see it's dangerous and a waste of money. It doesn't cure anyone of anything, and it's dangerous.

There is more to respond to in there, but it's like wading through a pool of shit.

I suggest trying to get your suboxone dose as low as possible, 2-4 mg a day. And I hope you'll stick around and read, read, read. Wikipedia is great too. Whoever is telling you this stuff about iboga and suboxone doesn't seem to know what they're talking about. I hope you do the research for yourself.

Don't snort it if you are currently addicted to other opioids or you'll be thrown into withdrawals...so I've heard. I've also heard that the Naloxone is supposed to produce withdrawal symptoms if the Suboxone is injected or snorted but apparently it doesn't. I wonder what other lies my Suboxone doctor is shuffling me.

I just take it sublingually because my intention is staying clean. I'll be off the shit soon anyway. I know that Subutex can be injected but I never knew that Suboxone could be abused.

Naloxone doesn't do anything in Suboxone, it is all the bupe. Suboxone and Subutex act exactly the same and for all intents and purposes you should pretend there is no difference. That's why many people shoot suboxone several times a day.

I take it sublingually while doing a rapid transition right after a heroin and other opiate binge then IV it.

IV. one tablets can last 8-16 doses. I IV .5-2mg at a time. shit kicks in slow, when it does, it is great and lasts forever

Status
Not open for further replies.