Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Aussie Olympic Assault.

MazDan

Bluelight Crew
So what do you think of our efforts so far???

Im dissapointed, I really would have thought we would be on top of the ladder by now.

Watching a lot of the sports and it has me thinking how much they have pussified them.

I mean why put white water sports in a man made water course? They should start them all on a natural river and then let one of the dams open up and see who is first survivor to reach the ocean.

Long jump should be over a ravine.........whoever jumps at the widest point and gets to the other side wins.

For Javelin, they could let a heap of Lions loose in a paddock and the winner is whoever skewers the most.

So what are your thoughts on the Olympics and which Aussie weird ass sport will win a medal?

Why have they even got white water rafting in the olympics?!

I was talking to leecie about this earlier tonight, and I think it should go back to much more traditional sports.

I mean, synchronised swimming? Winning a medal in that should not add to your country's medal tally.

How about the fact that BMXing or whatever you call it is now an olympic sport.

I remember at school having a mini olympics and it consisted of swimming, running, high jump, triple jump, long jump, discus javelin and shot putt. I kicked arse at javelin.

Fun times :D

Actually thats a bloody good question.................Of all the fair dinkum Olympic sports, which one would you be most likely to represent us in? You know.....like if a few thousand or so were selectively killed off.

For me it would definitely be football as a coach. As a player..........hmmmm, prolly I could get a gig in the wheelchair races but there would need to be a crapload knocked off first.

MazDan said:
I mean why put white water sports in a man made water course? They should start them all on a natural river and then let one of the dams open up and see who is first survivor to reach the ocean.

Long jump should be over a ravine.........whoever jumps at the widest point and gets to the other side wins.

For Javelin, they could let a heap of Lions loose in a paddock and the winner is whoever skewers the most...
They make the white water course so that it is consistent for every competetor that uses it over the period of the games. There is a lot of science involved in making it... I think I met the bloke that made the one in Sydney for 2000.

And the Ancient Olympics involved wild animals didnt it? Or was that just the Pigmy games in the Phantom comics?

Actually, a PE teacher I know got hit in the head by a Discus... that is pretty hardcore. Extreme sport?

I would be more than happy to see chariot racing make a resurgence.

Klue: Didn't someone get speared by a javelin once? THAT guy deserves a medal in both the ancient and modern olympics.

Last edited:
up all night said:
I would be more than happy to see chariot racing make a resurgence.

Klue: Didn't someone get speared by a javelin once? THAT guy deserves a medal in both the ancient and modern olympics.

Oh hell yeah, chariot races complete with them spike things on the wheels that eat away at whatever they touch like other wheels or horses legs and shit..........haha, thats my kind of sport baby.

And UAN, which guy do you mean that should get the medal? The one who chucked it or the one who caught it?

The thrower!

But we could give the recipient of the javelin an icy pole and a handshake for being a good sport.

Bring back Pankration. It was a sport over 2000 years ahead of its time.

I'm just excited about the Winter Olympics and curling... noone can tell me that a group of people scrubbing ice with brooms so that a big enamel block can find its way home isn't a worthwhile sport.

Samadhi said:
I'm just excited about the Winter Olympics and curling... noone can tell me that a group of people scrubbing ice with brooms so that a big enamel block can find its way home isn't a worthwhile sport.

Ha, you should come to Canada.

Curling is a very old sport steeped in tradition, I like it

I'm pretty dissapointed also with out effort especially in the pool. But then again my expectations have been set pretty high with past games having Australia pretty much sweeping the pool for Medals.

I think other countries will outshine ours, the Dutch are looking good in the pool

We're about as high as we'll get in terms of rankings.. Next week Athletics.. and we go down down down to funky town

How pathetic are the chinese.............no seriously they are.

Those fireworks that everyone arround the world saw were fake.............they knew that nobody could see the real ones because of the smog and so they faked it for the television audience............true story.

Now we hear, thanks to Anna, that the girl who supposedly sung during the opening............didnt sing at all...............it was pre recorded using another girls voice.

Dead set.............I am starting to realise now why we are doing so crap.........can you believe we are only 5th in the rankings?

Its all a fake Olympics.............you are only seeing paper cut outs of our athletes carefully Paint shopped onto the screens by a bazillion little chineses and that also explains why there are so many stoppages in the coverage.

Are assuming the role of a very poorly read extremist so they we can all lol at your hilarity or have you seriously lost your shit?

No eggie, Maz is right - the Beijing Olympics are just a series of very detailed and intricate dioramas, but the people move :D There is a diorama of the track and field, swimming, and whatever else they do in the Olympics nowadays (i watched 1/2 hr of the opening ceremony and haven't seen a single event)

:D