• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cheratussin AC: Legal codeine in the US

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheratussin

Cheratussin AC is OTC at my local pharmacy ive been drinkin a bottle a week for the past two years.....I cant seem to stomach more then 60 ml at a time of that stuff because of the damn guaifenesin so i end up getting 120 mg of codeine and 1200 mg of guaifenesin twice a week...i have stopped taking it for a week now after a night of vodka tonics and 60ml of cherratuss i puked my gutts out all the couple days....it took all week for my stomach to feel better.....i never had thrown up off the syrup in two years even if i drank later that night.....

so im wondering what are the prolonged side effects of guaifenesin and the short term side effects and how dangerous really is guaifenesin, is it safe to drink on a weekly basis....all i have been able to find online is that guaifenesin is 100 percent safe but after what it does to my stomach im thinking different

if someone could please help thanks alot

EW

I live in north carolina and you can get a 40z bottle of cheratusssin with 100mg of guaifenesin and 10mg of Codeine per teaspoon but don't expect much if you have a cough it's good if your dopesick it helps but if your looking to be waxed on the couch it aint happening surprisingly it isnt nearly as potent as tussionex you would think the codein would be stronger considering it being more similar to morphine but its not so if your looig for a strong buzz it's a waste unless you go to multiple pharms and buy multiple botte and by the way its pretty cheap only $11.76

I've never heard of Tramadol being available o.t.c...may I ask your sources for this ?

A lot of those internet pharmacies are from other countries, so regulation is probably quite hard to control. I've never met anyone who has sucessfully used one of those, and I wouldn't suggest trying them either. Most of the drugs from those websites are either fake or are produced in very poor unhealthy/dangerous manners. I wouldn't trust any of them.

ive bought tramadol many many times from the net. sometime it seems like they are not as strong as 50mg ultram from the pharmacy but they definatly do send you tramadol that seems to have some potancy to it.

cool, i live in one of states that does this. i dont think i'd lie to get it, but next time i get a cold. good-bye delsym.
I Persons must be over 18 years of age, and must provide their name, address, and signature for permanent record in a book designated for this purpose.
who can see this permanent record book?

^

The Drug Enforcement Agency for sure, the pharmacy, possibly other pharmacy's, and possibly your doctor could request access to see if you're double-dipping.

The only one I know for sure is the DEA.

You can not buy cheratussin ac over the counter in illinois!!!! I just tried and was told i need a percription. I knew it sounded too good to be true. So dont get too excited junkies!!

Is this mainly in non-chain pharmacies? I'm in PA, gonna call around a bit tomorrow maybe.. see if I can get some. Why not? lol

Will report back either way.. all we have around here are really Walmart, Weis Market and CVS.. there's not really "ma and pa's oldtimey druggery" or anything.. it's all corporate bullshit.

It depends on the state where you live. Just do some quick research on Google before actually going to the pharmacist.

No codeine sales in illinois w/o perscription!!!! Stupid lil rumor some tool started. They will just laugh you out of the pharmacy.

anyone know about texas?

maybe ill try this within the week and get back to you guys if no one has any info for TX

this works in ohio, as of 5/19/09 (not at big places like walmart and CVS, i had to find some weird gas station pharm). whats the max amount of guaifenesin one should consume in a single sitting?

and should i alter my codeine dose in anyway because i have tot take 100mg of guaf with ever 10 of codeine?

Last edited:
I just got a bottle of it yesterday thinking of chugging the whole bottle with 100 mg tramadol,
I live in NC by the way

I remember reading about convincing pharmacists to sell paragoric without a script in Burrough's books and thinking, "Damn, i wish you could still do something like that today." turns out you can, but asking a pharmtech for "cheratussin ac" is awkward.

If anyone in michigan has had luck please let me know. Ive been prescribed it by a doc before but if you can get it here then it would save the co-pay of going to the doctor for a script when im sick

PA state law does not permit the sale of this or any of the other opiates in the OTC group, i looked it a while ago.

i have heard ohio, new york, and maryland sell it OTC

ohio and maryland are pretty close to pittsburgh

eh, yeah...but not close enough for cough syrup with a little bit of codeine.

i just called a walgreens in durham NC and they said they do not do it but that small mom and pop pharmacys will still probably do it

Status
Not open for further replies.