• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cheratussin AC: Legal codeine in the US

Status
Not open for further replies.
FrostyMcFailure said:
idk when i was using id use a suboxone over perks any day, to each their own!

Let me respond to that off-topic reply.

You took Suboxone to get high or prevent withdrawals? I knew people who paid $15 for the 8mg tabs!?! Is that usual? I took myself out of the game about two weeks after being on the program but I remember someone asking me if I'd trade 4 of them for an eighth of hydroponic (chronic) marijuana + an extra gram. I thought he was joking and I took up his offer. When word got around that I had access to Suboxone my cell went off the hook 24/7. Thats about the time I quit the lifestyle and straightened out my shit. Does Suboxone get people without tolerances high enough to pay $15 per tab? I never tried Buprenorphine before being put on the program and since I was switching from Methadone, naturally I didn't catch a buzz.

Guys...

Is this available without a script??? Or...it depends on the state?
I know in California you have to have a script for codeine even in cough syrup form.

I think its the smaller towns like in the Middle America that you can only get this without a script...But, of course, it is logged and submitted to the DEA's office each time you ask for it though...

Can someone please confirm this?

when i was using def 2 unsickatize me captain! 2-4mg can provide slight euphoria & energy for a non user im told; as far as pricing & selling goes i have no idea what your talking about but id assume ur experience is on par with whats seen on the black market(?). Farther more selling suboxone(& or subutex) without proper licensing is immoral & will get one charged & convicted the same as any other similar drug in its schedule class.

I've been researching about obtaining Schedule 5 prescription drugs over the counter & here is the copy & paste info I came up with from a few sites:

A prescription may not be required IF permitted by state and local law, certain Schedule V products may be sold as "exempt narcotics" without a physician's order. Persons must be over 18 years of age, and must provide their name, address, and signature for permanent record in a book designated for this purpose. Sale is at the pharmacist's discretion, and cannot be more frequent than once per 48 hours.

EXEMPT NARCOTICS: Products containing small amounts of opioids; cough syryp, Paragoric and a few things with several ingredients and low amounts of Codeine.

Known states that still have Schedule 5 drugs over the counter are Illinois, Ohio, North Carolina, Washington State, Massachusetts. NOTE THAT PHARMACIES IN EVEN THESE
STATES DO NOT HAVE TO SELL YOU SCHEDULE-V DRUGS, SINCE THEIR SALE IS A
MATTER OF DISCRETION OF THE PHARMACIST.

^ well im in chicago, im sick, so im going to try this out lol.

To bad I'm in Cailiffornia .. they don't allow this here BUT about 2 years ago i was using a pharmacy inside of a supermarket and since my Grandma and i both got our prescriptions there i knew the pharmacist so well. He was the kind of pharmacist who hated some docs and the DEA. He HATED when a doc would take more than a day to call in a script/refill. Oh that pissed him off. He always said "Docs should call in all refills by the end of business hours period, but some docs take DAYS TO CALL BACK!"

So one day, i was out of everything, i think Tramadol. And i had been taking it a long time so i was experiencing bad w/d. But, i also had a really bad cough that i got a script for Hycodan (hydrocodone cough syurup) two weeks earlier but i had run out. I call the Pharmacist to call in a refill. But, the doc had closed and told the pharmacist that the on-call doc would call back as soon as possible.

So a few hours later i call the pharmacist and this time my buddy had come in, he hadn't been there earlier in the day. I ask him if my cough syrup is ready. He put me on hold and came back and said "These damn docs, they make me so mad, your clearly have a horrible cough, i heard you coughing the other day... you know what, just come down here... I'll give you some cough syrup, this doc is taking to long" I was like WHAT???? NO WAY.

So i head down there. I get to the pharmacy counter and the Pharmacist is laughing and i say "What's so funny?" He says "Your doc Just now called and approved like 20 mils for you but i am giving you 240, i had already filled the big bottle before the doctor called" He couldn't stand this on call doctor, he dealt with him quite often.

So i got pretty lucky that day. But, it only happen once and it was Hydrocodone, not Codeine. Unfortunately I'm not a huge codeine fan, it makes me a little sick and gives me hives but it would be nice if you could get it without a script when you couldn't get your DOC and were in withdrawal or you had a real cough and really needed it, like after hours. I'm sure in small towns here in Cali a local pharmacist would do it but not in the big city.

Some pharmacist really get pissed at the system. This particular pharmacist was old school and he told me in the old days (30 years ago) pharmacist would just give patients refills without a docs approval as long as they'd been to the doc within 6 months. Damn, those were the days huh.

This pharmacist is long gone though, he moved to another state but i have him on my AIM, i should PM him some day and say hi. We actually got pretty close, he was a good guy!!

RPG

Since we are on what you can and can't buy legally, I have a couple of questions. I have read that tramadol is legal to buy with out a prescription but everything I have read about it has me scared and not to sure why it is legal to buy. It says that a common side effect is seizures, that to me is a little scary. The next question I am going to ask I do not want anyone to put up any websites: I know you can buy other drugs on the internet illegally, but how safe could it be I don't understand how websites get away with this, is it something that is to hard to catch people. Has anyone had any experience in this department? Know need for to many details I am just curious...

buttercup3 said:
Since we are on what you can and can't buy legally, I have a couple of questions. I have read that tramadol is legal to buy with out a prescription but everything I have read about it has me scared and not to sure why it is legal to buy. It says that a common side effect is seizures, that to me is a little scary. The next question I am going to ask I do not want anyone to put up any websites: I know you can buy other drugs on the internet illegally, but how safe could it be I don't understand how websites get away with this, is it something that is to hard to catch people. Has anyone had any experience in this department? Know need for to many details I am just curious...

I've never heard of Tramadol being available o.t.c...may I ask your sources for this ?

A lot of those internet pharmacies are from other countries, so regulation is probably quite hard to control. I've never met anyone who has sucessfully used one of those, and I wouldn't suggest trying them either. Most of the drugs from those websites are either fake or are produced in very poor unhealthy/dangerous manners. I wouldn't trust any of them.

Foul Play said:
I've never heard of Tramadol being available o.t.c...may I ask your sources for this ?

A lot of those internet pharmacies are from other countries, so regulation is probably quite hard to control. I've never met anyone who has sucessfully used one of those, and I wouldn't suggest trying them either. Most of the drugs from those websites are either fake or are produced in very poor unhealthy/dangerous manners. I wouldn't trust any of them.

I have actually purchased tramadol Ultram online with succusses but only one time, I was concerned about the side effects, I also wasn't sure how much we liked it. It was ok I guess, it probably would have been better if we had taken more, i guess you could say it is comparable to codeine. If you search no prescription pain meds online it always has all these websites that say buy tramadol legally in the US so I tried it. Have you ever watched the show Intervention, its were people have different addictions to drugs, well a couple of episodes showed people who were addicted to script meds and were ordering them online to get there fix, so I no it is possible but at what risk.

yea i called three dif.pharmacies they all said u need a script for it i think its a schedual 5

timothy32987 said:
yea i called three dif.pharmacies they all said u need a script for it i think its a schedual 5

I actually ordered it from the internet maybe it was just one of those lucky things, they said it was legal to purchase but maybe not. Good thing it wasn't a scam.

robbhimself4 said:
Anybody know about being able to do this in Texas?
^^^Ya its called, using the dam phone and calling the pharmacy, You need to come on here and ask that when you can make a phone call..
I did and I can't get it where I live without a script.:(
Thats ok though its to weak for me anyway.:(

timothy32987 said:

No, Tramadol isn't a scheduled drug. Thats why doctors love the drug, they can prescribe a medicine for mild to moderate pain as much as possible without worries of getting their licenses revoked.

K'd-OUT-in-AZ said:
No, Tramadol isn't a scheduled drug. Thats why doctors love the drug, they can prescribe a medicine for mild to moderate pain as much as possible without worries of getting their licenses revoked.

Thats what I do not understand because tramadol isn't a scheduled drug you can but it or dr. prescribe it more but it does seem to be worse for you, that is my opinion from what I have read about it on the internet, it may not be habit forming but have a seizure with your pain med lol...

Wow bro that is probably the best advice I have gotten all damn day. Ass....
Sportfisher39 said:
^^^Ya its called, using the dam phone and calling the pharmacy, You need to come on here and ask that when you can make a phone call..
I did and I can't get it where I live without a script.:(
Thats ok though its to weak for me anyway.:(

WTF is a phone? I was successful with this as of yesterday here on the east coast.

robbhimself4 said:
Wow bro that is probably the best advice I have gotten all damn day. Ass....
^^I bet, hope that helps you out.. I know some people have a real hard time trying to figure things out on there own

Cheratussin AC is OTC at my local pharmacy ive been drinkin a bottle a week for the past two years.....I cant seem to stomach more then 60 ml at a time of that stuff because of the damn guaifenesin so i end up getting 120 mg of codeine and 1200 mg of guaifenesin twice a week...i have stopped taking it for a week now after a night of vodka tonics and 60ml of cherratuss i puked my gutts out all the couple days....it took all week for my stomach to feel better.....i never had thrown up off the syrup in two years even if i drank later that night.....

so im wondering what are the prolonged side effects of guaifenesin and the short term side effects and how dangerous really is guaifenesin, is it safe to drink on a weekly basis....all i have been able to find online is that guaifenesin is 100 percent safe but after what it does to my stomach im thinking different

if someone could please help thanks alot

EW

Status
Not open for further replies.