• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Tramadol and Suboxone

ok so Im safe to take Tram...awesome. Should I still wait 36-48 hours after my last H dose before taking the Sub? I want to go from tram to sub as fast as possible...

it varies how long u should wait after h to take bupe, but 36-48 sounds fine. just wait until the h is completely worn off before you take the bupe, and tram mixes fine with H and bupe, and basically all opiate/opiods.
you'll be alright bro!=D

I just want to minimize my level of sickness...I'm home right now with family, and in 2 days I fly back to my military life...and cannot afford to be in WD there...

I just want to minimize my level of sickness...I'm home right now with family, and in 2 days I fly back to my military life...and cannot afford to be in WD there...

IME i've taken bupe 12-16 hours after my last dose, and i was fine. hope this helps, and good luck with the military.

instead of having addicts go through 1-7 days of painful withdrawal, why not put them on tramadol for a week, then directly to bupe since tramadol is not blocked by bupe and there won't be precipitated wds? it seems more humane, medically efficient, and better for the recovery process

Using Tramadol for Suboxone withdrawal?

I've read conflicting things on this...does Tramadol actually agonize any of your opiate receptors? Or does it just work on seratonin levels and whatnot? I don't really understand this drug. It's my understanding that withdrawal is the feeling of your receptors losing all opiates, and re-learning how to create endorphins, etc. So if Tramadol didn't trigger your receptors, would it not prolong withdrawal? It seems like a great tool to ween yourself down. I actually only have 2 50mg tramadol, and would like to take them now (approx. 58 hrs since my last bupe dose). I also haven't experienced any noticeable WD symptoms yet...so I'm wondering if, A. Can I take tramadol when I'm in withdrawal to feel better, and not risk prolonging the WD duration, and 2. If it's already been 2.5 days since my last bupe dose and I don't feel sick, am I in the clear? Or can they creep up after a few days?

For a little background info. I binged on H and other opiates for about 3 weeks, then using one 8mg Suboxone to avoid WD's. I used the bupe for about 10 days, and still have 1-2mg's left, so I used around .5/day.

Bup is routinely prescribes to be taken every 3 days, this is useful for the weekends... your only just beginning to start the withdrawal process.

Best of luck.

Tramadol will help with motivational issues and depression, but not much else unfortunately. Make sure you don't go over 300mg/day.

Edit:

p.s. Just read that you have been using for approx 3 weeks: you should be in the clear pretty soon. There was no need to use sub after such a short period of use. In your case, Tramadol will help a lot. Use for no more than 7 days however.

Nab

Last edited:
Legend has it we already have a thread about Tramadol and Suboxone, and you can find it through the search engine, or the Suboxone Mega Thread. ;)

I have heard that tramadol has mu-agonist properties, but the important thing is you should be able to combine it with Suboxone no problem.

Legend has it huh? Haha. Thanks for merging this is a better place for my questions. I'm over 60 hrs past my last bupe dose and haven't experienced any WD symptoms except upset stomach, but I really want to take my last two tramadol...I've been saving them for a few weeks now. I just don't want to set myself back in getting through any possible stage of WD's I am in, or may be in...

Same here man, I've been taking Tramadol rather erratically for a long,long time and when it's over it's over,no discomfort,no WDs,nothing...but yeah,always in combination with Bupre and at relatively low doses(200mgs or even less) ...lol,the other day I read some stuff about some dude who was doing like 1.5 GRAMS of Tram/daily,I mean ,Wtf,if you're that reckless or whatever, it might just be kinda awkward to quit.As for the synergy,it's definitely a thumbs up if you wish to add some "colour" to your Subs.

Though this response is a month late I would still like post it. I am undoubtably the "dude" that is taking 1.5 grams of tramaol daily. Just want to let folks know that I do not do this because of a reckless urge to do so, but because of an ungodly tolerance brought about from being on this med for 10 years.

I realize the danger and have accepted it as a possible consquence. I am working on reducing my intake, in other words I'm tapering, and have reduced the intake to 1.4 grams daily. It is a small step, but every journey begins with the first step!

I have never had a problem with mixing 400mg of tramadol with 2mg of bupe. It doesn't compare to oxy or other powerful opiates though, but I would hope that was blatantly obvious. It's nice when you are sick of taking your bupe and thinking of using your DOC again. It saved me last weekend from doing oxy.

Well last night at 62 hours or so since last bupe dose, I was in verrry minor WD, barely noticeable symptoms...mostly GI stuff. I took two 50mg tramadol, and about 1-2 hours later, they kicked in and I felt a mild euphoria for 2-3 hours. I went to bed about 5 hours after taking them, and woke up today feeling totally fine. I've been up for almost 4 hours now and feel better than I have the past 2 days...Is that from the tramadol or am I just done with my bupe WD? I was on a very low dose of bupe...so this leads me to believe that the tramadol just made the last stages of it easier, and coasted me out of it....am I just being too optimistic?

Like I said earlier. 3 weeks is hardly enough to get an addiction/tolerance going. I would say you are in the clear.

Now don't go and do it again anytime soon.

Well now I have 1-2 mg's left of the Suboxone and want to use it recreationally, but I don't know if I've waited long enough...lol. It's been almost 4 days since I've had any, and had just 100mg of tramadol between (last night). I'd like to take maybe .5mg of sub tonight to get a slight buzz, but don't wanna set myself back. But if my habit etc. wasn't long enough to even get an addiction/tolerance going, maybe it doesn't matter....I used the sub for about 10 days...

You keep going like that and you will have an addiction.

Give it a rest for a month or so.

Keep your sub incase you need it in the future.

Hello everyone, I have been on subs for 6 months and my family pushed me to go ahead and tapper off, which is probually a good idea.
The first 5 days were mainly, insomnia, diarea which have been fairly tollerable. Then, some days I would feel okay, then I would feel sick again, which was kinda strange. Well next I started feeling really anxious and, moving my legs a lot. And, on day 10 I just totally felt like my skeletin was going to jump out of my body, I could not handle it. I was shacking and my heart was beating really fast and I finally couldn't take it any more. So, I got my mom to watch my son and, I got my sis to take me to the emergancy room. I live in pensacola fl so it was very crowded but they took my condition very serious and took me back ahead of everyone, hooked me up with a fluid iv and gave me some adivan to calm me down. I am on day 11 now and I am in a lot of pain so I been taking my moms tramadol to take the edge off. Will tramadol prolong or delay my withdraw?

It doesn't make sense to me why you can take Tramadol and Suboxone together but not Suboxone and other opiates.

Tramadol is the only quasi-opiate that can be mixed with Buprenorphine, any other opiate with bupe would have negitive effects when mixed. Maybe some other pharmicoligsts can give a clearer answer based on expierence or knowledge.

Will tramadol prolong or delay my withdraw?
tramadol is an opioid, it does have cross tolerance with other opioids/opiates. (tramadol is a lil dif in that it also has antidepressant properties)

Thanks yall. I really dont know how much I am taking, not much by most ppl's standards. 14 of the 2mg pills lasts me a month so a mg a day or a little less? I really wanna find that magic pill to counter this one, cause I cant handle a month of paws. If only I had a month alone on a warm beach to recover... Hey I can still dream! I tried hydros a couple times to counter the w/d's and they DID NOT HELP at all. Wondering if trams or something else would? Tried Kratom, and codiene too. No help there either.

yeah dude , perhaps i wasn't clear enough in my post ... Tramadol on it's own does nothing whatsoever for me as well , coming from a 1 gram/day H habit my tolerance to pain medication in general is bound to be pretty high ... the thing is mixing Tramadol with Subutex/Suboxone ( the antagonist thing in it is but a myth btw , might apply to people who IV it but it certainly won't if taken sublingually or snorted ) and some green/solid works marvels for me ... to the point I've managed to stay away from my once obsessive H habit so ... if going from A to B requires a few steps and falls inbetween be it , as long as you eventually get there ...

I wish people would quit talking about the naloxone as being the antagonist. Buprenorphine is the main antagonist to kappa opiod and partial to mu opiod. Even tho it is partial agonist it is very strong at blocking and precipitating withdrawl. The naloxone does nothing. Its a ploy to keep the pharm company in business longer. Subutex is generic now.. Now figure suboxone isnt yet because it has a different ingredient.

sp0r

I just started on generic Subutex a week ago and took 200mg Tramadol half and hour after taking 12mg of Subutex.

No synergy, no noticeable buzz, nothing.

Maybe I still have a high tolerance to opiate type drugs. or my Sub dose is blocking the Trams.

I'll try the Trams again in a month or so and see if I get the synergistic that some buzz people describe.