• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall Xr Dose.

What works best for me is dose drops. I get the 25 mg XR and take one twice a day and last months I was on 90 mg but the 25 mg XR is pretty decent for Adderall effects but I also got global adderall XR and them and Teva get shire pills from Shire themselves so I want them but I dropped by 40 mg and I am doing great on Adderall 25 mg XR at twice daily. I might get the actavis ones and those are weak so I will ask for the 30 mg dose.

Got a question for you guys. I was on 36mg of concerta twice daily but it didn't work for me so my doctor prescribed me 10 mg of adderall xr twice daily. I took one 10mg of the xr in the morning and another 10mg in the afternoon, but would get tired after the fourth hour so I took the two together. I opened up both capsules and put the xr beads on my tougue and swallowed them, but a couple of days later I chewed on the beads before I swallowed them and still taking two of the capsules/beads at once. Will going up to 30mg of the xr make a difference? And does crushing the beads make it instant release? I ask you this because my doctor says that the dea is real strict about frequently changing meds so she says I can't keep switching the meds, and I think the instant release works better for me than the extended release, so can crushing them solve the problem?

Crushing them doesn't completely make them IR, but it makes them close. That is one of the worst things you could have done with your dosage and tolerance though. You DON'T want to mess with the time-release mechanism. People only do that when they aren't taking amphetamines daily, and need it for a day or two. The time-release saves your tolerance, and that is why 20mg XR feels a lot stronger than the IR equivalent over a longer time, while being the same dose. Your plasma levels never get too high at any one time with XR, but they can spike with IR, or when eliminating the time-release. This alone will make you tired faster... On top of that ruin your tolerance faster too. Taking both at the same time, as they are, is a much better idea. 20mg XR is the standard dosage for an adult to start with anyways.

IR will hit you harder, but it will last half as long. I switched to IR because XR lasted too long for me, but my friend did the exact opposite lol. I had my doc switch my scripts 4 times in a month trying out different dosages, so I don't believe it is a problem with the DEA. On top of that after another month I switched to dextroamphetamine, which I am currently on. It lasts shorter than adderall though. Talk to your doc about possibly going to 20mg XR in the mornings with 10mg XR or IR as an extra boost later in the day.

^ Try taking some antacids or baking soda about 50 minutes before your next oral dose and see if it doesn't make a ton of difference.

Is this safe? I mean is there anything which speaks against taking baking soda to make amphetamines more absorbable in order to save money?

Is this safe? I mean is there anything which speaks against taking baking soda to make amphetamines more absorbable in order to save money?

It is not good for your stomach to be taking baking soda daily for a long period (weeks, months). Taking it a couple times a week though, or even daily for just a week at a time, shouldn't be a problem. I have been doing this for 4-5 months with my adderall doses now. I only do it on my long school days though, so twice a week. The other days I stick to normal dosing.

It helps more get absorbed, less is destroyed, and it seems to make the dose last longer as well. You should mix the baking soda with water and as Bob mentioned, drink it 30-50 minutes before your adderall dose. I actually crush my IR addys and capsule them with baking soda inside the capsule. I couldn't find any reasons why, but everyone says you need to dissolve the baking soda in water before ingesting. However, after doing this for 4 months I haven't had any adverse effects, and I am extremely body-conscious (I have a hypersensitive CNS). I do drink about 8 oz of water when I take the baking soda/adderall capsules to be cautious though (just to get the pill down. I drink over 20 oz within the first 30min of taking it).

How much baking soda do you use? That would be important to know cause I have no idea what's the normal recommended amount.

I also haven't started yet with dex. I want to start as low as possible probably with 2.5mg. But now I'm not sure how to do it.
I mean should I first of all simply take it without anything else and see what happens and only try to add baking soda in case I don't feel an effect?
Or should I first establish my normal effectual dose and then try to take a lower dose with baking soda and see how much dex I could save that way?
Since the stuff is expensive I'd want to take as little as possible.

I haven't looked much into beta-blockers, but I don't really want any more drugs messing with my brain at the moment lol, and my heart rate isn't deathly dangerous.

For the baking soda, if you use the water method 1/2-1 tea spoon is recommended. Otherwise I put as much as I can fit into a #2 capsule on top of my dextroamphetamine dose haha. Nothing scientific, but if it is roughly the same amount each time so that is all that really matters. I would recommend trying the dex dose on its own first. 2.5mg seems quite low though. Unless you are like me and weigh merely 110 lbs, I would think 2.5mg wouldn't do much. I'd say 5mg is better to start at, that is roughly equivalent to a 7.5mg adderall dose, which is quite low itself. They started me on 20mg and moved down from there, to 10mg which is what I take now. Working up is much better though, as you won't already be working against your tolerance.

I'm always a little scared when I go on a new med which is why I always start very low.
I also have no idea how strong dex is compared to mph. Ritalin also scared me at first and I started with 2.5 mg.
Usually I take 20mg Ritalin LA without getting many side effects. But it also doesn't calm me down and when I take too much I feel upset so I usually never take more than 20mg.
But I don't know if I can simply divide the tolerable Ritalin dose by 2 and then come up with the dex dose.

There was a misunderstanding about the DEA and frequently changing medicines, it's only a problem when you change them early, before the end of the month of your other meds. I'm guessing if I get a change in medication too early they think I'm trying to stock up on different drugs, I'm going back and forth on different medications because my mother keeps on getting in the way and saying the adderall ir won't work and that it will wear off too early. When I said that it was the best one for me! And my doctor looked at her notes and said when I took it in jr high it made me aggressive, so what do I do know? I try to tell my mom I changed since jr high, and i was only aggressive then because of those immature kids and the adderall IR had nothing to do with it, but she then says that it wears off too early! It lasts for six hours and that's long enough for me, and she has no proof it doesn't last long enough because I haven't taken it in years!

My mother thinks I was insane when I told her what desoxyn was she says that meth is illegal and I said there is a legal purpose but it has to be a pretty serious one, do you guys think having aspergers and ADD would be a good enough excuse to be prescribed it? All I do is sleep when I don't take any medicine and eat a lot.

You have a good point and I would recommend to the OP that he dose 20mg crushed to first see how you react to it. Some people are very sensitive to stimulants if they've never done them before, it's always good to test the waters. If that goes well dose between 40mg-60mg crushed. I'm semi-tolerant and use a few times a week and can take anywhere from 60mg-100mg crushed to achieve a "high". I can take doses of 10mg-40mg and not achieve strong euphoria or a high but I can still use it for what it's actually intended for.

And as for ROA I'd say stick strictly to oral. Snorting Adderall is some nasty shit and really fucks with your sinus's without any great advantages to oral. Oral has a very quick onset and a long duration. I don't know if this holds true for everyone but I feel like I can even get slight rushes and such with oral dosing during the first couple of hours if I dose high.

Dur! Snorting it does not present any additional stress on the nose compared to other pharmaceuticals you could potentially snort. The discomfort is subjective. Snorting halves the onset time and grants you a greater effect with a smaller dose due to increased bioavailability. Plugging it grants you an even faster onset time and bioavailability compared to IV use without any of the risks. Stop spreading misinformation.

I'm always a little scared when I go on a new med which is why I always start very low.
I also have no idea how strong dex is compared to mph. Ritalin also scared me at first and I started with 2.5 mg.
Usually I take 20mg Ritalin LA without getting many side effects. But it also doesn't calm me down and when I take too much I feel upset so I usually never take more than 20mg.
But I don't know if I can simply divide the tolerable Ritalin dose by 2 and then come up with the dex dose.

Ritalin is quite mild if compared to adderall! Even 20 mg, but you know, everyone is different.

I usually take 120 mg of adderall, which is four 30 mg orange capsules. It gets me feeling amazing. Like, I am jittery but at the same time really mellow. It makes me content with my surroundings, and I usually get all tingly; especially my head. It's a nice feeling, but I try not to do this often since it's not very good for you, and I already have a pretty good tolerance.

one thing I've noticed missing in this whole thread is body weight dosage. anyhow, I'm 200lbs. I took 3 20mg xr adderall, and felt great. took em around noon, and drank all day. just felt euphoric and energetic. it was the right dose for me. if you weigh around 120lbs, I'd suggest 40mg.

one thing I've noticed missing in this whole thread is body weight dosage. anyhow, I'm 200lbs. I took 3 20mg xr adderall, and felt great. took em around noon, and drank all day. just felt euphoric and energetic. it was the right dose for me. if you weigh around 120lbs, I'd suggest 40mg.

When I was taking Adderall/Dexedrine as prescribed I was 120lbs and I never took more than 15mg orally and usually 5-10mg orally was enough. I never combined any alcohol, downers, or any other drugs on it.

20mg xr- I usually take up to 160mg as soon as I wake up and I feel absolutely amazing. I'm productive and eager to learn something. Sometimes have trouble falling asleep. I can't take adderall too often because my tolerance rises quickly.

Totally agree. Ramping up the dose should be reserved for "special occasions". Like today, I have a shit ton of house projects to do. Took 3 20mg XRs at 8am, and have been doing great!. Again, I'm drinking slowly throughout the day, a beer every couple hours, and it totally kills any of the anxiety from the amphetamines, while keeping me euphoric and energetic. But its been weeks since I've last used my Adderall. Anyhow, I recomend doing it this way if you can. The "downer" alcohol or a benzo perfectly counteracts the anxiety from the "upper" from the go-pills. Don't try to get blotto-ed if you want to be in any way functional.

I'm 15, 5'7 and 140 lbs. I have had lots of exp with other pills such as xanaxs, hydros, oxys, etc. but adderall had never been appealing to me, I came across 7, 20mg XR adderall and I snorted 80mg and idk if its my exp with other pills? (Frequently use other pills) but I barley feel a thing? Anyone know.