Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Google Street View

Flinch

Bluelighter
Anyone found anything lol worthy?

Also, i find it funny that smh etc are saying its an invasion of privacy, and then they plaster the pics that are invading privacy all over there website which is viewed by an insanely larger number than would go on google earth etc, plus it exposes the pics which would of probably never been found by most.

i found that the pictures on there for my current house are AT Least 7-8 months old...

my old car is n the pic... hence why i know

yea, they update Google Earth/Street View like once a year. The reason i know this is because a while back... they started remodeling the apt building next door to me. And for the longest time Google earth and 'Street View" had the building next door to me looking like did before the remodel. Than about a month ago i went to check Google Earth and finally they had a pic of the building after the remodel and how it looks now. It took about a year for the update.

So i think they update Google Earth and Street View about once a year.

I actually enjoy both Google Earth and street view. Anytime i see a place interesting on TV or hear about an interesting place i go on Google earth and check it out. And once in a while I randomly pick a country and check it all out-- the birds eye view and take a ride on street view. It's an amazing technology. Who ever came up with it all must be rich as hell. Yea, i know google came up with it but 'Someone' had to have come up with the idea.

RPG

Yup the pictures are old percisely for the privacy issue. Also if I'm not wrong the pics are taken from a vehicle driven around and not an emplaced CCTV.

Satellite view is kinda funny. In Singapore (I assume same everywhere), military places don't show up, they're just a blank spot. Found out because I went jogging with my GPS and mapped the route onto Google Maps.

I have seen the Google Earth car getting around Sydney a few times over the past year.

It is a little Toyota hatchback thing with a two foot metal pole sticking off the roof of the car. On top the pole is a camera similar to the ones real estate agents use for taking pictures to create those 'virtual tour' things they put on their websites.

back when I seen the car getting around I was struggling to get a handle on exactly how it would work. After using the site the other day though the puzzle clicked into place and I think overall it is quite cool

googlemapscar2.jpg

One of the coolest things ive seen in quite a while

Its quite a trip to look up places you used to live or a restaurant you really liked while traveling around the globe

Satellite view is kinda funny. In Singapore (I assume same everywhere), military places don't show up, they're just a blank spot. Found out because I went jogging with my GPS and mapped the route onto Google Maps.
No probs checking out the Lucas Heights Nuclear reactor on Google...

I would really love to check Street View properly, but its a total pain on my slow pc...

I'm sick of streetview already

when are they going to bring out lounge and bed room view

or Spearmint Rhino view

The photos are quite old, as the image of my apartment is from when my dad was living here, which was at least 8 months ago - but it's cool to see how my childhood home has changed, and see places i've visited in other countries. :)

Whats the chances that there is at least one picture where someone is caught in a place they are not supposed to be...........

Such as a thiefs pic taken or a man leaving the house of someone who is not his wife.

According to the journal of record I read one fellow dialed in his ex-girlfriends address and noted his car was parked outside.

A few months ago he was having an affair with said ex and his current girlfriend was very suspicous and questioned him about if he was seeing the ex-gf, a claim he ofcourse denied.

Given his girlfriend know the ex's address, this guy is stressing out that she is going to access the new technology.

Another was a guy in Annandale, Balmain or somewhere - I forget where. He suspected his neighbour was parking his car in his driveway whilst he was at work. He dialed in the ole street view and there it was - one green Pajero parked in his driveway

^ That would be an obvious conclusion, but... apparently number plates and faces are blurred out.

but what if you drive a fully sick rexy with lowered suspension, 21" chrome rims and a custom paint job

you wouldn't need number plates to identify that car

Hehe is that what you drive eggman? :D

I agree, I meant that by it being obvious... :)

I might go over to my neighbours place and show them Street View on their broadband.

Rabbits, we are definantly getting broadband.

Not all plates/faces are blocked out, as i found today. You can request to have yours blocked if it's visible.

I've found my car parked outside a friends place that i only ever visited 4 times this year. Not bad going.

I also found a kid in the backseat of a 4WD with his hands over his ears blocking the sound of either his Mum or Dad's voice in the front seat, haha. :D

Also a bunch of hot chicks!

Oh and some dero kids hanging outside a dodgy takeaway store in Campbelltown. :D

I must say i had a rather unproductive day at work today.

I read an article a fair while ago about people sun baking nude and being caught by it. It was pretty blurry though. Is the Street View one a new thing or has it been around as long as Google Earth?