• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Google Street View

I think it's new in Aus, but has been around in other places (US/UK i guess) for a while.

Well in ours we can actually go right up our driveway as the car obviously went down it thinking it was a street - it kind of looks like a turnoff into a park, but we thought it was pretty cool that it went down our driveway!

MazDan said:
Whats the chances that there is at least one picture where someone is caught in a place they are not supposed to be...........

Such as a thiefs pic taken or a man leaving the house of someone who is not his wife.

When it first came out in San Fran everyone quickly spotted a guy taking a leak on the side of a major freeway, got pulled pretty quick though.

I'd be more concerned with street view being used to plan robberies and bombings than mere invasion of privacy. That said I think it should be limited to high traffic areas.

^^^
word.

I looked up my old kid address and had a squizz to see what has changed but when i looked up ours you can see the windows open and its a pretty clear picutre of our house and entry points. The photo or tape whatever would of been taken over summer or before xmas because the fence paling that broke off the fence (due to drunk idiots) is still missing and is missing in the pic.

Im not impressed with the google maps.

I can see how it works for some but im more paraniod now about our house getting broken into now than i was before.

With the help of Google Street View, I could prove to my girlfriend that my entire suburb in Melb consists of only 3 colours. Black roads, yellow/brown grass and houses and blue sky.

gher said:
I'd be more concerned with street view being used to plan robberies and bombings than mere invasion of privacy. That said I think it should be limited to high traffic areas.

I think if someone would be planning a robbery, and especially a terrorist attack, they would use up to date photos, that they could easily take themselves.

^ agreed

Robber A: Lets go steal stuff
Robber B: Na, its way too much effort to scout something out, lets just get honest jobs instead
Robber A: Yeah, you're right. But you know what? I dream of world where google will save us from these impassible obstacles
Robber B: Me too man. Me too

:p

I obviously didn't pay close enough attention last time I looked because I found my car...same place it is always parked.

Wow, this street map thing is gold! I love it.

Funny....we get big brother taken off us and then this appears! ahahahahahha

Last edited:
I feel a bit sorry for the guy who got caught passed out in the gutter, but only because it was post best friend funeral. If you can ignore that details it's hilarious. =D

Link!

Theres a drug deal goin on somewhere in one of these pics im sure, imagine bein the dudes in that.....

I went and looked at my old house, and there was a dude pictured crossin the road that i knew off in the flats nxt to me, and he had like, schizofrena and was freaked heaps by ppl seein him.... He's gonna be freakin :|

I found it pretty cool but also disturbing that I could stand at the top of my street and see my house and do a 360 degree rotation...

I wonder how long it will be until you can watch all that stuff live...?

You can do it now. Go to the end of your street and stand there