• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How long for oxycontin to kick in

Terrible One

Bluelighter
I split an 80 with a friend and he said since we broke it in half the time relase was broken? Well I been curshing up some and putting it in water and drinking and feelling good kicking in about 20 mins...anyway tonight I would say I swallowed about 15 mg didnt crush it or anything but it was already broken up a little becuase it started as a 40mg an hour ago and dont really feel anything I did eat about an hour before so will this kick in eventually or was I wrong just swallowing it?

It means that the time release mechanism is still in place and so the oxycodone is going to be released gradually. So you may not feel much at all.

You have to completely crush it, dude. If they're made by Purdue, snorting will yield a faster onset. IME, ~15min for snorting, and >30min for oral(crushed).

Since I swallwoed it im feeling a little now (2 hours later) but what does it mean is it like realsing like 2 mg eveyr hour or something? I took about 15 mg will i ever feel the full effect

You probably won't get as high as you did taking it instant release.

Got ya this feels kinda weird like the inital rush from when you crsuh it but always coming if that makes any sense. Thanks mr. blonde for dealing with me tonight hopefully it keeps coming and ill start feeling great

That's because the time release basically releases half the dose as instant release, then the other half over 12 hours.

Ill be ok though right like I might be going to bed soon and this thing will still be kickin? Ill be safe right what will I feel like tommrow

Terrible One,

You will be fine. The effects are gradual and subtle because of the extended release, so you will be safe. 15mg is not a dangerous dose, so there is nothing to worry about.