• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

adderall

sex-on-x

Bluelighter
First of all, I just wanted to say that I did try to search for a thread on this topic, but the page doesn't seem to want to load. So please don't delete my post.. it isn't my fault that I couldn't search it ;)
Okay, now to my point. I have heard a lot about Adderall and how good it is, and I have some in my possession. I want to try it, but before I take it I was wondering if someone could describe the effects. What I have heard is that it is like speed. Am I right or wrong in this? Also, are there any negative side effects? Any help you could give me would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

I'm not a physical chemist, but the answer goes something like this:
Most organic compounds are white or off-white. Keep in mind that "white" is not really its own color, but rather the color we perceive when all wavelengths in the visual spectrum are reflected by an object or compound.
So, the question becomes "why do organic compounds reflect all wavelengths in the visual spectrum?" This has to do with the valence electrons in the atoms that make up the compounds, and their tendency NOT to become excited to a higher energy level.
Crystal structure has something to do with it, but I don't know what.

Sorry, I replied to the wrong post.
To answer your question, Adderall is not "like speed," it is speed.
To get more info on side effects, do a search at www.rxlist.com

I have been taking Adderall for about five years and now i am prescribed to it. So i know pretty much anything there is to know about it.
The fealing that you get from it is like this. You will find something you like to do and you dont want to stop doing this until you are finished and it is perfect. Like lets say you are cleaning your house. You will not stop cleaning your house until it is perfect. you will find joy in cleaning your house.
the negative side effects are that you usually have a pretty bad comedown. If you smoke it is a pretty good idea to have a fresh new pack. The comedown is the worst thing tho. The way that i usually make it not as bad is to get drunk. you also have a loss of appetite and it is hard to sleep.

I'm not going to get into the whole technicalities of slang, but I'll touch on it a bit.
'speed' is commonly referred to methamphetamine. It really doesn't matter because everyone uses their own slang and differ from group to group.
Adderall is a stimulant. It contains 4 amphetamine salts. Most importantly, l-amphetamine and d-amphetamine(dexedrine). There is a 1/4 of each amp.
Click here for information and do a search. There's a TON of info around here.

Speed typically refers to methamphetamine in this country. In much of the rest of the world, however, speed refers to amphetamine (which is what adderall and dexedrine are).
Amphetamine and methamphetamine are very similar in effect. Methamphetamine is more potent and more euphoric, and IMO lasts *slightly( longer. Also, the body high is slightly better with methamphetamine. Nonetheless, the differences between the two drugs are minimal.
What does meth/amph feel like?
Physical effects: A mild body high -- some warmth (though it is common to feel cold and get shivers on stimulants), increased skin sensitivity (similar to with MDMA, but not nearly as intense), increased heart rate/breathing. Your head should feel nice and tingly, and you will probably feel rushes and tingles over your skin, especially as you are coming up. At higher doses, you may feel your heart beating uncomfortably hard/fast, as well as signs of anxiety, like a tightening feeling in your chest, or the back of your throat. If you snort or smoke the amphetamine, there will be some throat/nose/mouth dryness and irration.
Psychological effects: Increased alertness and awareness -- you feel extremely awake. Your hearing and eyesight may seem to improve slightly. You will feel more talkative and social. You will have lots of energy, and this might make you feel restless/impatient/jittery. You will be able to focus extremely well, either on having a conversation with someone, or completing some sort of task. You will feel very productive and indeed your productivity might well be increased (i.e. you go on a cleaning binge, you rearrange your room, etc). You should feel somewhat happy/upbeat, although if you take speed in the wrong mood this might not be the case.

fairnymph said pretty much everything...
but IMO i think that adderall is the worse comedown, and actually the time release has an even worse comedown. right about now i can say that the good things don't equal how bad the comedowns are. on adderall, i normally feel like described about above(with the addition of going up talking to a lot of people i don't know)... but coming down is filled with all of the pleasures of aching all over for two to three days(especially if you work out that night), stomach feeling really messed up and not wanting to eat but not having anything in your stomach, constipation, and irritablility (which i can have enough of already). just letting you know, sometimes when u just the fence to get to the green side, you wont have anything when the grass dies. lol... if that made any sense, i kinda smoked a lotta weed this morning to ease my comedown and all this is messed up.
anyway, hope i helped

ADDERALL IS SOOOOO TIGHT!!!!!! It's a total mental high for me I like to sit back and have conversations with my friends while I smoke cigars. It's the best drug I've had overall, after all the pros and cons are weighed out. It's similar to E without the touchy feelyness. I would suggest taking 20mg to start and then bump it up to 30 or 40mg but it can be addicting to watch yourself.

In my personal experience, the comedown from Adderall is not nearly as bad as coming down from a bump or 2 of ritalin. I also haven't found the high to be as intense. But if you are just starting Adderall and have never done ritalin, don't start doing ritalin! Ritalin will give you a more intense high, but it comes down hard and fast. Adderall will give you a decent high and like I said, I don't personally find the come down to be all that bad. So go for it! Oh, and definately bump it. Only way to go.

Through personal experience, adderal/dexedrine has a worse comedown than meth and ritalin but not cocaine. The high is very work oriented (maybe more so than meth), and is perhaps 75% as potent as meth on a milligram-milligram basis. Unfortunately, d-amphetamine also has a significant body load, and can cause more severe anorexia than methamphetamine. It still is a wonderfull pharmaceautical creation. Nothing like working hard and being high simultaneously.

^
|
|
You must be getting some shitty meth. Comeon, adderall is more work oriented than meth, almost as potent mg v. mg, and a better appetite suppresant? I digress...

Adderall is an awesome thing. When I have to cram or concentration is unobtainable, it is a beautiful study aid. On the flip side it is an great party favor. Besides being cracked out (like I am right now) and unable to sleep i guess the only other down side ive noticed is its addictiveness. i moderate ok, usually leaving at least a week between uses....but after I started partying on it, I notice i want to use it whenever I party. the motor mouth i get can be both bad and good, but ive become much better about controling it heheheheh. I love the stamina and energy it gives me for dance. for me, it can make it really easy to recall some feelings of a roll. Amphetamine is the shit when used wisely. :)
[ 25 May 2002: Message edited by: NCTexan ]

adderall is a very fun drug. after giving a few out to peeps at school, they all loved it, and soon i was banking cause everyone wanted it....just to show you how good it is. Addy is speed, you feel energized, happy, and get these tingling sensations from it, very pleasurable.but on the down side, most report that you cant eat on it(all tho i have no trouble, but that may be munchies from pot).if you take it,dont plan on sleeping that night.and also drink a healthy amount of water, or you will cotten mouth like a mother fucker.im not sure what kind you have, there are time release(capsule form) and the normal("chalky" pill, like most pills) the time release come ing 30, 20 and 10 mgs. i would suggest takeing around 90 mg of these. as for the "normal kind" i would suggest around 80 mg.(they come in 10 mg(blue) and 20 mg(peach)) but ofcourse these are just where you should start, i like to take around 120 myself, but i have done it a buncha times... no real tolernce, its just funner for me. adderall is a great drug tho.
peace.

I just wanted to let all of you know that I tried it for the first time on Friday night with two of my best girl friends. We each ate 10mg capsules, and about an hour after taking them we started to feel really upbeat and happy. On top of that, we drank and smoked, so we had a great night. Thanks for all the information; I really appreciate it ;)

Man, I wish I got the same effect from Adderall that you all seem to. I am also prescribed it, and like I said, am also prescribed ritalin. Adderall has virtually no addictive effect on me, it gives me maybe a mild high, and I don't even get the insomnia! Now ritalin, on the other hand, that's the one that makes me feel like the rest of you do on Adderall. Weird. And crappy, because I am out of ritalin and have only adderall now!

I have been a long fan of adderal.ever since the day me and "roobis" introduced it to some friends at school and decided to partake as well. it was pretty fun i would say. I was overly friendly. wanted to talk to everyone. I felt like I loved everyone too.lol. It made me talk fast and have a tendency to focus too much on things.(like everthing was interesting) music sounded so good to me I remember. It is a nice drug, but the comedown sux..

80 mg may be too much at first..a couple friends of mine popped 60 their first time and ended up getting massive headaches for the first 2 hours..I mean splitting, like your heads gonna expode.. I'm sure once you get a small tolerance you'll be fine with 80 but not all at once off the bat...

I'd say that for the average amphetamine newbie with no tolerance, 50 mg orally or 30 mg snorted are good places to start...also, after you eat your pills, WAIT a good 30 min after you start to feel the effects before deciding to do more. Adderall can take a while to come up when taken orally...
Also, if you take the adderall orally, I would crush the pills up first (and put them in caps or else just in some juice and swig), because they will hit you harder and faster that way, providing more of a rush.
[ 30 May 2002: Message edited by: fairnymph ]