View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Small & Handy alpha,N,N-Trimethyltryptamine (α,N,N-TMT) Thread

Riemann Zeta

Bluelighter
Does anyone have any experience with this promising AMT/DMT hybrid? I have used the forum search as well as more exhaustive search methods, but alas the tubes of the interweb could not provide anything more than rumors concerning its activity and dose spectrum. I don't recall it being reported in TiHKAL, other than in passing under the alpha,N-DMT entry.

I ask because I have recently discovered my love of the dually-methylated tryptamine, but it is so damned hard to actually get in me. Unlike other drugs, taking DMT is an extremely effortful process and (for me) has never resulted in a 'breakthrough' psychedelic experience. It seems like it is impossible for me to achieve a powerful DMT experience by smoking it, so I need a way to make it orally active. Obviously, some day I hope to try meclobemide-activated oral DMT, but the topic of orally active DMT got me thinking. DMT, like phenethylamine is an ephemeral trace amine--it's gone before you know it's there, ruthlessly destroyed by marauding MAO. But how does one get an orally-active version of phenethylamine? Add an alpha-methyl moiety and you have the classic amphetamine. So what about sticking an alpha-methyl moiety on DMT? Since the alpha-methyl moiety does not seem to impede psychedelic activity (that is, 5-HT2a agonist activity), but does engender metabolic resistance, alpha-methyl-DMT sounds like a theoretical winner. But is it?

Last edited:
dude just take DMT with a MAOI. This thing you're talking about won't be the same as oral DMT, I can promise you that. Isn't this the one that is mainly a body trip anyways minus any mental content?

but i'm also interested in this one from a recreational standpoint.

I thought that alpha-N-DMT was the compound that was all body load according to Shuglin. I don't think he ever tasted a-NN-TMT. There is a report here in PD from way back in 2005 in which someone tried 60mg of a-NN-TMT oxalate and found it to be a non-sedating relaxant, akin to a low dose of DMT.

Now we're talking. Thanks for chiming in. I would love to try this one now....you say the body load is relatively minimal (or at least manageable)?

this is the drug i was looking up when i found BLUELIGHT!!! YAY TMT
(two years ago, i remember that day.... i still thought you could get dmt from phlaris gras hahahahahahha)

Yeah the body load was pleasant.. it was mostly like DiPT to me but more visual/psychedelic.

Hmm... I think a vendor was selling 5-MeO-a,N,N-TMT for a short while I wonder if its been tried out it'd probably be way more potent. (both versions can be made easily from AMT or 5-MeO-AMT)

you can't get dmt from phalaris grass?? I have the encyclopedia of psychoactive plants and it says otherwise

you can but you end up extracting a lot of the chlorophyll with it and having a dirty product (it can be done cleanly though).

you can, but.. . ... hey, try it out and tell us how it goes :)

I hate to bump such an old topic but I want to know if there's anyone that knows of some experience reports or other information about this compound.

Bump because i'd love to know about any possibly run-ins with this substance.