• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Internet Personalities - different from real life?

We all know that mainlining Valerian Root is the only way for guaranteed insomnia relief.

Mix it with L-Tryptophan! The rush is outta this world......

Probably relatively the same. I'll get more technical in discussions/conversations online opposed too RL.

IRL im pretty layed back.. i've noticed however people who dont use the net much will be harder to talk too over IM, MSN etc.. there replies often consist of 1 or 2 words.. as if they cant get down in words what they wanna 'say'.. whilst i can pretty much type what i'd usually say IRL.

endlesseulogy said:
It's interesting to note the effect new communications technology has on people. It's clear "net-personalities" are becoming more common. By this I mean, no longer do you have to be physically infront of someone to become friends or even to fall in love. It's a totally revolutionary situation in social arousal. What is your net personality like? Is it different from real life? I feel I am a lot more extroverted online then I am in reality.

FOr me i am definantly more opinionated and louder online than i am in person. I am quite introverted...untill a few bevies have been had ;)

I dont see an issue with someone having a different online personality. Sometimes it just comes as a shock when someone is loud online and when you meet them in person they dont say two words to you :\

And i guess with the safety of the net and not being seen it allows for more shy/socialy inept people to come out of their shells and feel comfortable.

I think the power of being anonymous is a positive aspect of socializing on the internet.

I'm about the same in person as on screen.

Though I come off differently depending on which setting I'm in and the people I'm around.

I say whatever i want online. whats anyone gonna do about it. punch me?

as far as i go, no different , what u hear is what u get, its all me however unpleasnt:\

Is it hard to convey the lack of capital letters and spelling mistakes in real life? ;)

I was kinda thinking it would be difficult to disapprove spoken word in a conversation that you find to not be to your taste or standards- apart from removing yourself from that conversation.

Its weird hearing back from other internet personas what I am like as a person -as in a 3D human being- especially when I have not had any in person or much on line interaction with these personas.

Apparently I am/was a literal crack whore, and thats a polite way of putting it. I think that persona I have on line stems from stupid live journal originally- with the help of the good old msn grape vine, and a little bit of cliquey crap that is renound BL behaviour LJ is not the best thing to keep in hindsight, but I did think my friends list were actual friends at the time. LJ is not the bible of a persons life, not everything is put in there, and not everything that is private is private. Unfortunately.

Id find it funny, if it wasnt so insulting, as its false. Sure, I joined up here under the influence of drugs with friends, have been under the influence with people here plenty of times, and know now that my business is not any of yours so I dont have to share, but thought I would just state for the record- Ive never been a crack whore, but Ill always be an addict and have never pretended to be any better, or any different to that.

I have known many people, including my friends who I joined up with originally, who have gotten themselves into disasterous troubles via drugs and the lifestyle that surrounds it. Some people are now dead. Some are in jail. Some have broken marriages, been institutionalised, some have been been through more shit than I could imagine, but theyve also had some kick arse times and been successful in their private lives too.

You dont get to see the whole picture from shitty posts on the net, you only see what you are allowed to see by that person.

Its just the internet if it stays on the internet. But unfortunately- these things do tend to cross over, and as much as Id like to write the net off as being harmless, it is not.