• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Internet Personalities - different from real life?

endlesseulogy

Bluelighter
It's interesting to note the effect new communications technology has on people. It's clear "net-personalities" are becoming more common. By this I mean, no longer do you have to be physically infront of someone to become friends or even to fall in love. It's a totally revolutionary situation in social arousal. What is your net personality like? Is it different from real life? I feel I am a lot more extroverted online then I am in reality.

Online, I get to say what I want to say. I never censor myself when I post on here, I always say or ask whatever is on my mind. There's no way I can do that in my real life. Smokin weed is a high crime for a teacher. I am completely underground and in the closet. I have run into students at the local dispensary, however.

Raz made a thread on this a little while ago i think :) good to have a fresh one though!

I am pretty much an open book here, and i am in real life. It depends how i click with someone though as to how much i'l let out or keep in and on what level the friendship is. So far everyone i have clicked with online, i have clicked with just as much if not more offline. You tend to skip the small talk and let down your guard more so on the www. which i love <3

I reckon Im pretty much wysiwyg to be honest. I dont think I am different offline to on line.

And i would say that everyone I have met thus far has been the same also.

hmmm, trancegirle just reminded me that i am much more open here than i am with my non internet friends..well most of them anyways.

More extroverted and succinct I think. Otherwise kind of the same.

I find it really hard to categorise and summarise myself to myself. To me I just feel kind of blank. So it's probably better to ask someone else's opinion.

I'm sure it goes without saying that all of us are different to some extent with our 'net personality' than in real life. I'd like to think I'm not that much different in real life or on the other side of the screen, but no doubt there are differences.
S.

I am better at expressing myself through written word, so messenger and internets works to my advantage in that sense.

I'm still pretty similar to in real life. I'm a tad more rude and to the point online sometimes.

online persona's are great...

im not sure how i come across to the general public... but i was a internet racist when the cronulla riots happened...

there is one certain bluelighter... who i wont name... that has a great internet persona... but in real life, is a top fuckin bloke...

I'm exactly the same online and offline. Plain and simple.
Nice, honest, open, diplomatic etc

It depends on the part of the internet we are talking about.

I would like to think that my honesty here is matched by the one in real life, but I don't think "real life" clients would appreciate some of my previous life experiences.

Sarcasm and irony are generally lost in translation in written form (no, winking faces don't count), so it is little surprise that some online cunts are actually different in real life. Some people are just not able to express themselves in text...

When I am trolling girls on Myspace my persona is very different, its just has to be otherwise you wouldn't get any play

I selected E-2 on the internet personality vending machine but it got stuck on the end of one of those twirly metal things

I shook the machine really hard and a whole bunch of crazy shit fell out

... sorry, what was the question again?

I really play-up the I'm a nut job online
then again is it really playing up?
some have kinda said I'm just as crazy IRL
crazy in the nice/good sorta way though :)

[anyone want to confirm/comment/clarify? ]

Yes Ill clarify you are just the same IRL, but come across far more intelligent ! That is meant as a compliment in all respects !

Im pretty reserved in real life. I'm the kind of guy that will only speak in depth when spoken to. Most people think i'm a snob, but im not, just don't open myself up right away.