• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Internet Personalities - different from real life?

I wouldnt say different, maybe amplified

years ago I would have maintain a completely different (or just seperate) identity online... not lying but I considered it a different world but looking back on how I acted back then Id say i had the same personality as in real life

I scroll from left to right and try to kill Italian people in real life, so I'm pretty much the same online and off.

Oh and I attempt to make one liners and puns out of everything I say in real life as well.

But in real life I wear funny hats sometimes, so that's cool.

MazDan said:
I think that its a bit hard not to get to know you if you spend a bit of time in one place.............whether you like it or not.

However, there is knowing you and knowing you..................I think you probably meant knowing you...........as in more than just someone to have a few quick convos with throughout the day?

Sort of: I dont count having a few fun chitty chats with someone who I know as a screen name as actually"knowing" them.

This is where I think I went wrong a while ago when noob.

I see it more as having some kind of interaction with story book characters on this place, especially if I have not got any other personal involvement with that person- its entertainment, but not relationship building.

If it was possible to see peoples faces on line here, or have a hug, or whatever, maybe you would get to know the person well enough to be a friend, or a non friend.

I dont think I know you from your posts. I kinda like your posts and stuff, we seem to have a rapport, but I would not consider you to be a friend as such- just a cool dude.

Get it?

Internet Personalities - different from real life?
^ Believe it.
Although I am the same damn person no matter what I am doing, (My TRUE self always!) I know for a fact that some always use the internet to play themselves up. Like in the movies, all lies and NO truth. 8) How would one really know if it was the truth or not between the fiber optics? Unless, of course, you finally have met the person in real life and figured it out for yourself.
The 'play-on' doesn't last for very long until you're finally busted.

I guess this is more of a rant than an opinion...............sorry.But also an opinion:)

zephyr said:
I see it more as having some kind of interaction with story book characters on this place,

Get it?

Yeah it makes sense..........I definitely see where your coming from.

Oh and loved the story book idea............I am gunna try that and see how it feels...............I think its an interesting way to experience things.

getreal said:
^ Believe it.
Although I am the same damn person no matter what I am doing, (My TRUE self always!) I know for a fact that some always use the internet to play themselves up. Like in the movies, all lies and NO truth. 8) How would one really know if it was the truth or not between the fiber optics? Unless, of course, you finally have met the person in real life and figured it out for yourself.
The 'play-on' doesn't last for very long until you're finally busted.

I guess this is more of a rant than an opinion...............sorry.But also an opinion:)

But isnt that therefore who they really are? Basically someone who spends tyhere life making shit up to make themselves feel better about themselves or for what ever reason they do it?

But isnt that therefore who they really are? Basically someone who spends tyhere life making shit up to make themselves feel better about themselves or for what ever reason they do it?
Yes, you are right. But how do you know if its done online??????

People have so much more control over what they project when online, so of course they're going to show the parts of themselves they want to show. Real life doesn't afford that kind of control. And while what other people think of you is often still only based on limited interactions with certain sides of you, they have more of a chance to see the things you don't even know you're showing when you're face to face.

I've met people who were quite different from their online persona, but usually after a few more conversations, you can see it's all one and the same. This is especially true for shy people. It's odd though, you can meet someone who is opinionated and brash online and seems shy and reserved in real life, but when I think back to their posts, it's like I can imagine what they're really thinking, even if they're not taking part in the conversation.

Try as I might, I haven't been able to improve on perfection :\

Just snorted more stilnox tho! :D

I'm more shy IRL. I'm actually very anti-social in RL, but very social online. I've met people that I've known from online though and it's usually fun.

Something my BF brought up that is odd to him (and to a lot of people I think) is that I get my social interaction by IMing people. I IM probably 8-10 people daily just to say "hi" and "how's it going?" It's like I enjoy talking to people who are removed from ever getting "close" to me.

I've met a lot of people online who are like that too. I've been trying to process and think about his observation.

You really don't get much more bang for you buck snorting stilnox nickyj.

Internet personalities... people feel so much less accountable for their actions online, so I suppose they say whatever they think. Humans are largely disgusting.

snort xanax instead! i have heard if makes you forget about all of your worries... temperately

There's no point in snorting benzos, just shove them in your gob