• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Internet Personalities - different from real life?

Well, thats kinda a hard question for me. I think I'm a bit more open with my feelings online, which has kinda earned me the scorn from others. But IRL I'm a very emotional person anyway. I think I'd do anything to help someone online or off, however I'm usually very trusting online, IRL I've developed a lot of trust issues. I'm just a pretty down to earth person (or I'd like to think so) either way though.

I'd say I'm similar though am more open about drugs on line than in 'real' life. On other hand, there are aspects I don't disclose here since it's sensitive information. ;)

Mona lisa - I'd say i'm probably the opposite - i'm far more reserved online than I am in person. I've been called "the moral compass of bluelight" (thanks preacha ;)) and have been told that i'm far more bland online than I am in person. I don't mind that at all. :)

In saying that, while i'm slightly different in how much I give of myself, my personality doesn't change on here, or in person. I'm essentially the same, just a little less out there, I guess.

^^I havnt been around Bluelight much up to this point, but I don't think you are "bland" or remember your online persona as being "bland". :)

endlesseulogy said:
Im pretty reserved in real life. I'm the kind of guy that will only speak in depth when spoken to. Most people think i'm a snob, but im not, just don't open myself up right away.

Unless I really make an effort I don't talk much to people at all until I've met them a few times.

lostpunk5545 said:
Unless I really make an effort I don't talk much to people at all until I've met them a few times.

haha, thats funny cos I was just about to say that eulogy would probably get on well with you as you are similar.

My best mate is also often misunderstood and people think him a snob.........quite silly really.

I enjoyed very much meeting Lostpunk.......the guy is really intelligent and can hold a good deep convo.........so to my mate so i expect that eulogy and i would get on well also.

^^Yeah my partner sometimes get pissy at me when I go out with her friends for not being very "social". I am social, I just end up talking about morbid topics when prompted right off the top of the bat.

Hmmmz

I think the only difference with me is that because I am better/more comfortable with written than verbal communication, I probably come across more as a dumbass generally in real life unless I'm actually having a serious conversation about something important.

Other than that, I have a very politically incorrect sense of humor, but that doesn't come out as much when I'm online because I realise that it's difficult to communicate intent/sarcasm etc online and I would rather not be offending people if it's not necessary...whereas if I'm talking to someone in a face-to-face conversation, it's quite obvious that I'm not a mysogynist/racist/terrible human being/whatever if I say something horrendous...

I think you're 10 kinds of awesome in real life, Razzle <3

Oh faaark.

:D

I just know from myself when meeting people after talking on line initially that a lot of people have said that I'm exactly the same. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing?

i find myself to be alot more reserved online then i am in person, not here on blue light but more in other forums. i guess i dont want my noob comments to effect any of the creative work i do.

ive met people before who defiantly have internet persona's ie talk all the time online and yet hardly say a word face to face. totally socially inept, which i find so strange because they obviously have alot to say

Last edited:
Hi Bodge!

The whole assumption that someone must be putting on an internet persona to be different on line to how they are in person is a little wrong.

I will freely admit to assuming some people would be a certain way in the flesh based purely on what I interpreted from their posts- not taking into account any other mitigating factors such as personal relationships kept private and on going feuds or fites that affect their attitude towards others.

You cant keep up a fake persona long term, it just doesn't happen. The fakest person I know of hasnt posted on bl in ages and was a butch lesbian pretending to be an absolutely gorgeous man (American). But she was a great person otherwise, and really did want to live the life of a man- and this was perhaps the only media she could do so with relative ease. Her sex was total lies, but her warmth and intelligence was not.

I get all sorts of people wrong: its not them putting on a fake persona to appear "nice and friendly and understanding" or "total arrogant cuntswipe", but its my own interaction with that person that brings out the qualities that define that person- in person or on line.

Its you that would judge someone on line to be different to how they actually are. I do that all the time and luckily most times, I like people I clash with on line in the end, and dont care to recall the people I have liked better before I met them :D

Id safely say that the person Im glad I bit the bullet and got to know despite clashing a couple of times on line was r2mix, as hes just awesome, despite a stupid skirmish that was ages ago. We weren't wrong about each other- both were cunts to each other that day, but that overshadowed his funny and laid back friendliness he had with other people. Because he and I did not have that same thing going on, I just thought he was a prick! But he isn't. Much. :D

I dont bother trying to interpret people by their on line personas anymore, its only important realy if you are planning on 3D meet ups or whatever, and Id much rather meet an on line character that is true to themselves than a fake overtly nice/ trying to be popular type person any day.

Or better yet, just keep the two separate completely. :D

zephyr said:
but its my own interaction with that person that brings out the qualities that define that person- in person or on line.

I really rated your entire post but this part in particular stands out for me............thats really deep............kudos.

Its funny, but I quite enjoy acting rather differently to what i really am..........but I do that both online and in real.............in fact its part of who i am so its not really an act.

For example i enjoy acting like a dummy, its just one way i have learnt to get a laugh out of people. Im not very good with the one liners but i can act stupid almost like it comes naturally................hmmmmmmmm...........lol.

It doesnt really concern me that much if someone actually thinks I am stupid because its there problem for not getting to know me well enough. And anyways, I actually get a good laugh inside when that happens because it only shows me how stupid they are.

I guess in a way, its really impossible for anyone to act differently online.........because if they are acting differently then they almost certainly do so in 3D also and hence they are not really being different at all.

^I feel icky when people try to get to know me on line. Im here because Im antisocial and bored, not to actually get all creepy and personal! Unless Im horny, and thats in another forum/ thread entirely.

^^ I agree 100% with what you are saying.. Its good to see you around these parts again - I have always enjoyed your posts...

Im pretty anti-social too. Infact, I only have about 3-4 really good friends in real life and I like it that way. Its not that I don't like people.. Its more like.. well.. people have a hard time dealing with my overt honesty! I have a horrible habit of telling people exactly what I think and most people don't like it.. On rare occasions people find it refreshing...

^ Since we are being honest here, I don't know why Im in these parts again apart from purging some stuff left over in my brain, and having achieved that Ill exit stage left.

You haven't deleted my posts yet. This is too strange for me.

Congrats on the modship, you are quite a breath of fresh air EE <3

zephyr said:
Id safely say that the person Im glad I bit the bullet and got to know despite clashing a couple of times on line was r2mix, as hes just awesome, despite a stupid skirmish that was ages ago. We weren't wrong about each other- both were cunts to each other that day, but that overshadowed his funny and laid back friendliness he had with other people. Because he and I did not have that same thing going on, I just thought he was a prick! But he isn't. Much. :D

ahhh bless your little cotton socks Zeph, yeah glad I met you too, you're a wicked chicka :)

zephyr said:
^I feel icky when people try to get to know me on line. Im here because Im antisocial and bored, not to actually get all creepy and personal! Unless Im horny, and thats in another forum/ thread entirely.

I think that its a bit hard not to get to know you if you spend a bit of time in one place.............whether you like it or not.

However, there is knowing you and knowing you..................I think you probably meant knowing you...........as in more than just someone to have a few quick convos with throughout the day?