• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

**an Open Forum - Suggestions Anyone? Now open! Tell us what you think!**

What do you think of Aus Social; in it's current state.

• So much fun, I love posting here.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • It's ok, there is some good content

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Don't really think about it.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Repetitive and boring

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • I'm only here right now on pain of death.

Votes: 9 23.1%

• Total voters
vurtomatic said:
Cliquey, sure, what isn't? A forum is like any other society, social animals form cliques. If you can't deal with that online, how do you deal with real life?

And that said, I think most of us old timers in here have a decent overview of the comings and goings and the cycle of threads, and the 'ass licking' or whatever you think goes on, only means as much as you make them out to be.

I come in here sporadically depending on how free/bored I am, and I haven't noticed any cliques or ass licking or high horses, cos I'm just passing some free time here as most people are.

an online forum is like any other society...

wow. I think that's pretty much what's wrong with this forum.

You disagree? Does posting on a forum make you any less human or less of a social animal? It's precisely that that we hang out in here. Here's a clue: Austalian Social.

swifty said:
an online forum is like any other society...

wow. I think that's pretty much what's wrong with this forum.

You can't generalise like that across the board. I have nothing to do with "cliques" and won't certainly not approach any user to join a "clique". For those users who feel there are "cliques" or a part of a "clique", who cares? The whole approach here is the content and discussion on this forum is not for anyone in particular. But alas, your view is just as valid as everyone elses.

Could I please suggest:

The guidelines thread has links to dead ends, that need to be fixed. Also in that thread the mod contact details need to be changed.

Also, the Social announcement and quick links thread that is stickied... I cant say that I have ever used it to be honest. In there there is also links to nowhere and closed threads.

Plus, the Welcome to Bluelight, Greenlighters thread. Hmm It doesnt really do much for me. Do you think Greenlighters would read the whole thread? Maybe the OP could be edited and quoted every now and then? I can quote, thats a power I have :)

So these arent really problems for me or other regulars, but It could be more noob friendly. And at least you mods could be more welcoming to noobs :p ;)

The mods here are probably well aware of these things, but its my suggestion and contribution to this thread. :)

With the New VBulletin software coming in down the track will the front page layout be changed? The Aus DD front page is excellent with the scrolling banner! Maybe it wouldnt be worth changing for now. New things can be exciting sometimes :D

Thanks for the reminder on guidelines, it's been on my mind for a while.

The thing about the Aus DD banner; it will probably go after the upgrade we're hoping to get consistent headers across all the forums and we've had too many complaints from tweakers who have been up for four days and report that the scrolling text is telling them to kill their family ;)

hoptis said:
we've had too many complaints from tweakers who have been up for four days and report that the scrolling text is telling them to kill their family ;)

Dude that totally happened to me. Except it told me to drive at a speed well over the limit, court didn't buy it :p

Klue said:
Cheers Hoptis and DeeCee, that had been bugging me for ages...

There is just the Welcome thread now that I can see.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=5464313&postcount=1

It doesnt even really get used much but its good to link to in NMI. Its hard to get noobies to stick around these days, so I try and welcome all the Aussie ones :)

Agreed all round.

I have also noticed your welcoming movements in NMI Klue.........done well played good.

ClubbinGuido said:
Ripe for trolling.

ClubbinGuido said:
I will guide Aussie Social to glory.

awesome_med.png

^^ Hehe I know... you try and cater for lazy people who don't want to type by adding a poll.. People still don't vote? What can you do? Can't make it any easier then that... Perhaps we could do it via ESP..

This place doesn't need three moderators. Aus Social is simply too highly moderated and peoples posts are edited or deleted for silly reasons. A BLer the other day was telling me how one of his posts had 'wanker' in it and it was edited.

I mean that's ridiculous. I know a whole bunch of aussie bluelighters who would love to post here more I am sure, yet find it boring.

Yes yes yes be the change. Well I did that in the past. I was proactive in the community (lol off topic).

Let your hair down Aus Social, dim the lights and let's party!

DoctorShop said:
This place doesn't need three moderators. Aus Social is simply too highly moderated and peoples posts are edited or deleted for silly reasons. A BLer the other day was telling me how one of his posts had 'wanker' in it and it was edited.

I mean that's ridiculous. I know a whole bunch of aussie bluelighters who would love to post here more I am sure, yet find it boring.

Yes yes yes be the change. Well I did that in the past. I was proactive in the community (lol off topic).

Let your hair down Aus Social, dim the lights and let's party!

How is Rated E going? I see he has kept to his last promise... You will find that his post has been one of the, if not the only post edited in the last month, so your argument of over modding is null and void (actually besides a couple of clubbing guidio posts, but we all know about him). It wasn't just the word wanker, but the repetition of it, and how it looked like it had a bit more intention in it then just a 'joke'.

Tell me, who is this whole bunch of people? If they find it boring, then why ain't they the one's putting something more into the board if they really want to post here? OR did you just make up a random statement?

Would you like me to cite my sources in the future DC? Testimonials even?

You cannot deny that there are a lot of Australian BLers who don't post here because of past moderators. And these are people who, probably in your eyes, create conflict and cause you trouble. When really these are the people who are often put forth different POVs and DRIVE discussion.

But that's fine. I'll still post here.