• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

showers and meth

SeReNe

Bluelighter
i dont know if anyone has heard this before but i heard it was bad to take showers while on meth. if anyone has heard this...is it true? if it is why?

I see no reason why this would be bad at all. I wouldn't take a shower while drunk because I wouldnt want to fall, but tweaking, you are able to function pretty normally.

if u take a shower tweeking ur gonna have a heart attack wtf are you thinking ... same goes w/ sauna or jacuzzi.
[ 29 April 2002: Message edited by: umaybgay ]

umm, showers on meth feels so good IMO. why would it be bad, cause you clean and scrub yourself too much (meth=obsessive compulsive for some) I can only see taking a shower while on meth a good thing cause: it feels good, you will probably clean yourself better, and some people stink while on meth (overstressed or overworked body) so showering will clean yah.

where'd you hear that from??? sounds kinda dumb to me
personally, one of my *morning rituals* involves gettin out of bed, doin a phat line of crystal, which is an instant "wake up"-- then i get in the shower right after. i dunno. it feels good. showers feel even better just as the tweak hits you. but thats just my opinion
and i'm whack :) :)
~*~kristen~*~

i find that taking showers on meth is fun
last time i washed my hair with body wash instead of shampoo
twice
oops HAHA

Is this nonsense a common belief? THAT is why so many tweakers smell like shit in the sun!

Sometimes I find showering during a binge will refresh me but does kill some of my high. Don't know the reason behind this, but I've also heard people claim that by bathing your pores let out the chemicals. Where as by avoiding cleaning yourself the pores stay closed and thus dope can't escape your body. I shower though cause meth makes me stink. Plus a shower helps make you look better when you've been up for days.

i guess its measures like this which apparently make you 'stay higher for longer' that seperate the addicts from the rest :eek:

Showering on meth is really cool. Especially a really warm shower. Personally I can feel a little cold sometimes, and the water and the warmth feel GREAT.

Once your high, it's not like the chemicals leaving your skin would bring you down. All the important chemical work is going on in your brain, so if your really that worried about coming down from taking a shower wear a shower cap.

there's no problems with showering on meth. if anything the heat from the water will kick it back in, just be careful of ur skin cos it gets really sensitive & thin when ur using a lot.
[ 07 May 2002: Message edited by: IgNiTe_bOOM ]

Suppose your talikin about methamphetamine?
But over here(UK) we call methadone meth!
+ when it comes to showers+baths!! most long time methadone users are afraid to take a bath or shower!! crazy hey?
It's very common 4 methadone users over here to have a fear of water! don't know why,not just coz there dirty fuckers! but water has a really unapealing vibe!!
Pete,UK.,
[EDIT - What the fuck are you talking about? This entire thread is CLEARLY about METHAMPHETAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE, not METHADONE .. so it's great to hear your opinion on showering on METHADONE but thats out of place!]
[ 08 May 2002: Message edited by: PhreeX ]

It's funny that I see this post right now. I just took a shower while being on meth. I mean like fifteen minutes ago.
It feels so weird. But showers are one of my favorite things to do, so why put them off when you are tweeking?

Taking a shower on meth might possible be bad because taking long showers especially hot ones, can dehydrate your body, like when u go all wrinkly from being in the bath too long. i't probably doesn't realy metter just as long as u make sure that u don't feel dehydrated.

i do shower on meth, it doesnt bother me. i just wanted to see if what i heard was true because it sounded kinda wierd to me also.