• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Eating and Oxycontin...

Prepster

Bluelighter
Can eating while high on Oxycontin bring down your high?
If so, what if you snorted the Oxycontin?

Yeah, if you eat food and then eat pill, whatever the pill is (e, oxycontin, whatever), it won't hit you as hard.
Crushing a pill and eating it will make the pill hit you harder, however.
If you are snorting your substance, the food in your stomach will not affect the high. But you probably don't want a super full stomach if you are taking an opiate (b/c of nausea).

^^^ True, but once the pill has fully hit you, eating won't bring down the high. More food in your stomach means slower absorption, so the pill (whatever it may be) hits you less hard, but will conversely last slightly longer.

"Food has no significant effect on the extent of absorption of oxycodone from OxyContin®. However, the peak plasma concentration of oxycodone increased by 25% when OxyContin® 160 mg tablet was administered with a high fat meal."
-rxlist.com

thats interesting...i notice that when i take OXY right after a meal i do get nauseated usually and i dont notice AS MUCH of a high..i try to make it at least an hour after my last meal when i take meez oxy...
shit, i ate about 45 minutes ago and i just snorted about 3 quarters of a 40 mg OC pill and i am fucking WHACKED...feeling mighty nice :)
gotta love doze OC..

if you eat the pill whole (not crushed), well, thats really foolish, you should never do that, ever, it's drug abuse! But should you accidently swallow one whole, food won't really have much effect on the plazma concentration - most of the drug is actually absorbed in the intestine track, remember, it's not like Percocet where it's disolved instantly in your stomache, the pill releases a (fairly) steady amount of narcotic over a period of (realistically) 6-8 hours .. if you crush the pill to a dust and then take it, the amount of food in your stomache CAN have an effect on HOW LONG it takes to hit, but eventually you should achieve the same effects (though the fact that it's more drawn out can kinda trick your mind into thinking you're not getting the same effects) ..
NOTE: Food has no effect on the effects of the drug once you have started to feel it! in other words, to answer the question 'Can eating while high on Oxycontin bring down your high?' the answer is no, once you're high the only things that would diminsh the high are time or another drugs (such as Narcan) ..
Still, do you really get HUNGERY while on oxycodone? I have been a daily user (maybe missing no more then 30 days out of each year) for the last 4-5 years, and even now I find hunger is lessened when I am high - but when I first started using, food was the very last thing on my mind at any point from he moment I first inhaled until I woke up the next day..

Yeah, I'm almost NEVER hungry while high on Oxy or other opiates...I can eat if I really think about it but my desire to eat is greatly diminished.

i remember that during the first few months of taking OXY, i never thought about eating either..i was feeling so good, and my appetite was GONE...

How about we start a campagin to have Oxycodone sold over-the-countor as a weight-loss drug? I mean, since they pulled PPA off the market we could have, say, 30mg oxycodone caps? I know I would spend my paycheck at the local pharmacy.. well, maybe OTC is a little out of our reach, lets petition the FDA to have oxycodone sold as a prescription weight-loss drug? I know if any fatty boombalatty could cop a script for oxycodone because they can't control themselves at the all-you-can-eat buffet, well hell, I would quit my job so I could stay at home all day and just eat raw butter until I gained a few hundred pounds!
Ahh.. a man can dream cant he?