• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Passing The NIDA-5 Drug Test For Dummies

BeenArrested4Pot

Bluelighter
Disclaimer: I would like to mention upfront that this strategy only works for a NIDA-5 dipstick drug test. My advice is if you know you are going to be subjected to a series of drug tests, for example, once a month, you clean up legitimately and figure out what kind of test they are using. It is imperative you are positive the test isn't going to the lab. If the sample is going to a lab you can stop reading now. This is because samples tested with the NIDA-5 dipstick are 'beatable', while samples that are sent to a lab for testing are not beatable; at least not by dilution.

Most probation offices have a lab technician who handles and tests all the samples. Probation offices are all about the money and typically use the NIDA-5 because it is the cheapest and quickest. It is also more logical for a corrections institution to use a test that will instantly indicate who needs to go to jail. The probation office will charge you for this test- if it costs around ten dollars it is probably a NIDA-5.

Conversely, when you take a drug test for potential employment, it is usually sent to the lab. At the lab, the urine sample will be tested for specific gravity which tests the levels of creatinine in the sample. This is how the lab determines if the sample is diluted. Watered down samples will show up diluted. The drug tests that test for specific gravity are more expensive, thus rarely appearing in a probation office.

I just passed my twelfth drug test in a row recently. I spent the night staying up performing my monthly rituals- drinking water, popping vitamins, and essentially turning myself into a virtual water pump.

I would like to create a small thread called "Passing the NIDA-5 Drug Test For Dummies". Keep in mind, I'm only concerned with THC and occasionally opiates. This is the case with the majority, because the other drugs in the NIDA-5 are water soluble or don't take long to exit the body, meaning it is much easier to quit for 72 hours and defeat the test with minimal dilution of one's urine. But again this focuses mainly on the dreaded fat-soluble THC.

Firstly, a NIDA-5 drug test is an extremely common drug test often administered by most probation/ parole offices. It only tests for 5 classes of drugs- Amphetamines, Cocaine, THC, Opiates, and >>PCP <<(lmao).

Cannabis is the scariest for me because I love marijuana and it takes a long time to exit the body because it is fat soluble; in other words you can't simply flush THC metabolites out of your body the way you could with the metabolites of [edited for BobLoblaw-] some water soluble drugs, such as amphetamine. You can only dilute your urine to the point where there is enough water to lower the ratio of THC metabolites below the cutoff level used to determine whether the sample is positive or negative. The more water the sample contains, the better off you are. Thats all the conceptual bullshit, now here is what you have to do to pass the tests.

Try to quit for a week before the test. Each day without THC is insurance that you will pass- the less days you give yourself, your less chance of passing. And seriously, quit two or three days ahead of time at the absolute least or stop reading now.

Six to four hours prior to the test begin lightly drinking water and take B-12 vitamins or multivitamins of any sort. If the B-12 Vitamins are time release take three to four initially. If the B-12's are instant release, take them periodically (6 or more) as you consume water; same with multivitamins. These will help color your urine, so as not to arouse suspicion amongst the bladder police should you provide a crystal clear urine sample.

When it comes to drinking water, you really need to pound it, which can be nauseating and uncomfortable. But if you continuously drink bottled water once every 20-30 minutes and urinate frequently, it really is not so uncomfortable. You are trying to turn yourself into a water pump that distributes artificially colored urine- sure a few THC metabolites will escape but, nowhere near enough to exceed the cut-off level. You are mostly just pumping water through your body and small amounts of what would normally be in one's urine.

To become a human water pump you must start drinking water heavily at the latest 4 hours before the test. Just start drinking bottled water. Any diuretic will work in theory, but sugars and caffeine tend to fill you up faster making you become more uncomfortable as you drink copious amounts of fluid. Remember not to overdo it. I have thrown up water many times, before I realized I could pass a test without having to drink so much. Just be aware of water intoxication and don't kill yourself over a fucking drug test.

Keep drinking until you arrive and finish your last bottle right as you get there. When it comes to the test itself there are some fundamentals you should be aware of. First, never, ever make that piss test your first piss of the day- those THC metabolites build up throughout the night. You need to enter that building having at least pissed 5 or hopefully 8-10 times. Remember: human water pump.

So you have prepared well. You have spent 4 hours chugging a large amount of water. You have eaten many B-12 & multi-vitamins in order to color your urine. You have pissed at least five times before the test and still have to piss. Now go in there and seal the deal- -> Don't piss directly into the cup- begin by pissing in the urinal, then transfer the piss into the cup then finish in the urinal. This also has to do with the buildup and excretion of unwanted THC metabolites in the urine.

Don't trust 'novelty drinks /pills' that claim to clean your system of fat soluble molecules- your only options are dilution and substitution. Some novelty drinks will pass you simply because you drank so much water with the pills or solution you managed to successfully, (expensively), dilute your sample enough to pass. Basically the "Flush Your System Instantly" gimmicks simply provide the vitamins or fluids, (usually fluids) needed to pass the test in a flashy high-priced gimmick drink. Thats why some of the drinks come in massive jugs and the pills order you to drink tons of water. Goldenseal is worthless. Its a waste of money and the vitamins/ water method is far more physically comfortable and far less expensive.

Good Luck! Remember, always have a loaded bowl /rolled blunt for when you return! I hope this helps some people, because this is a habitually proven system that works for many people with a range of metabolisms. this information also helped me pass twelve drug tests and I can kiss that chapter of my life good bye. I wrote this Guide For Dummies because it would have helped me tremendously had I read it before my first test where I probably narrowly avoided water intoxication.

Last edited:
I think one of the reasons PCP is on the NIDA-5 is because in some areas weed is laced with it regularly. I remember reading somewhere that somewhere in Delaware something like 40% of the people who tested positive for cannabinoids also tested positive for PCP.

On topic, that seems like a good system for cheaply beating tests. Detox drinks are cash intensive and I've heard mixed reviews. :\

They do not test for benzos or somas. Alcohol is out of the system within 12-24 hours (when the BAC reaches .00).

Last edited:
good post, the saliva NIDA 5 kinda suxs too but i feel thx results can be manipulated with a few lemon's worths of juice solution in warm water hours before pending amount & hours.

BeenArrested4Pot said:
If they tested for benzos, somas or alcohol i'd be fucked lol

Alcohol is out of your system very fast, and just because a drug's metabolites are water-soluble doesn't mean that drinking lots of water will cause them to leave your system.

^ Please explain. Alcohol is obviously out of the system when BAC reaches .00 and somas and benzos aren't tested for so I don't care how they are metabolized. Expand on that last statement?

*glove method*

this worked. .....

one latex glove filled with room temperature tap water-knotted closed
couple drops of yellow food coloring
instant heat pack safety pinned inside your pants/clothing
one safety pin
several strips of duct tape attached to inside area of groin/thigh

......dont go overboard on the heat pack if you can help it, or safety pin a thermometer (plastic film kind) inside your pants to reach correct temperature

BeenArrested4Pot said:
^ Please explain. Alcohol is obviously out of the system when BAC reaches .00 and somas and benzos aren't tested for so I don't care how they are metabolized. Expand on that last statement?

http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/testing/testing_info1.shtml <- Alcohol is out in 12-24 hours.

When you take a drug whose metabolites are water soluble, they don't dissolve into water that you're drinking and flush out of your system. They will be released at a steady rate into your urine; drinking excess quantities of water simply dilutes the level of metabolites in your urine. If they did dissolve into the water you drink though, then would THC not dissolve into excess fats that you consume? This would drastically reduce the detection time for THC; however, the previous method does not work and so neither drinking lots of water nor fats will help clean your system.

shith3ad said:
safety pin a thermometer (plastic film kind) inside your pants to reach correct temperature

I spent almost a year in inpatient because "my" urine was too hot!

Last edited:
Back from the dead

Bob Loblaw said:

Interesting, BAC returns to zero in 12-24 hours as well... What a coincidence! 8) ... Furthermore its not an issue in the NIDA-5 unless they breathalize you along with your drug test. This is sometimes standard at the probation office, however.

Bob Loblaw said:
When you take a drug whose metabolites are water soluble, they don't dissolve into water that you're drinking and flush out of your system. They will be released at a steady rate into your urine; drinking excess quantities of water simply dilutes the level of metabolites in your urine. If they did dissolve into the water you drink though, then would THC not dissolve into excess fats that you consume? This would drastically reduce the detection time for THC; however, the previous method does not work and so neither drinking lots of water nor fats will help clean your system.

The sole reason I wrote this guide was to help people pass a NIDA-5 drug test. I never claim that this method will "flush your system clean of metabolites" and that is not the idea. This process will simply dilute your urine to the point you can pass the drug test and help you 'beat the system'. You could take the same test the next day, without diluting and fail miserably.

Last edited:
BeenArrested4Pot said:
The sole reason I wrote this guide was to help people pass a NIDA-5 drug test. I never claim that this method will "flush your system clean of metabolites" and that is not the idea. This process will simply dilute your urine to the point you can pass the drug test and help you 'beat the system'. You could take the same test the next day, without diluting and fail miserably.

In original post, "Cannabis is the scariest for me because I love marijuana and it takes a long time to exit the body because it is fat soluble; in other words you can't simply flush THC metabolites out of your body the way you could with the metabolites of water soluble drugs. You can only dilute your urine to the point where there is enough water to lower the ratio of THC metabolites below the cutoff level used to determine whether the sample is positive or negative. The more water the sample contains, the better off you are. Thats all the conceptual bullshit, now here is what you have to do to pass the tests."

That sure sounds like flushing the metabolites out of your system to me.

it is kind of hard to drink water like a fish then go report to parole...because they make all of us parolees sit in a waiting room with no access to a bathroom under no circumstances, and sometimes you end up sitting in the waiting room for an hour or more, and u know as well as i do, drinking that much water you will be pissing every 5-10 mins maybe more! egh bad position to be in.

Bob Loblaw said:
In original post, "Cannabis is the scariest for me because I love marijuana and it takes a long time to exit the body because it is fat soluble; in other words you can't simply flush THC metabolites out of your body the way you could with the metabolites of water soluble drugs. You can only dilute your urine to the point where there is enough water to lower the ratio of THC metabolites below the cutoff level used to determine whether the sample is positive or negative. The more water the sample contains, the better off you are. Thats all the conceptual bullshit, now here is what you have to do to pass the tests."

That sure sounds like flushing the metabolites out of your system to me.

Didn't catch that, edited. Keep in mind there are some drugs where drinking excess fluids many days before the test will actually help flush out metabolites, I'm mainly thinking methamphetamine. Keep in mind you still have to dilute and that is the main idea of this whole guide. This is a common method where I live. Your system will not technically be flushed but extremely diluted making it hard for them to find a positive. Remember, water soluble drugs don't take long to exit the system. If you quit a week ahead of time like I advised, you shouldn't have to worry about opiates, cocaine, or amphetamines, especially in combination with dilution. If you're on PCP you have bigger issues than passing a drug test. ;)

I'm not a scientist but, if this method doesn't work, then I guess the lab just made an error on 12 consecutive drug tests in a row when i was on probation. =D

opiatekrzy said:
it is kind of hard to drink water like a fish then go report to parole...because they make all of us parolees sit in a waiting room with no access to a bathroom under no circumstances, and sometimes you end up sitting in the waiting room for an hour or more, and u know as well as i do, drinking that much water you will be pissing every 5-10 mins maybe more! egh bad position to be in.

I know this can be extremely uncomfortable. Some people can do it, others can't. I've never been on parole but I have been forced to hold it for an hour at the probation office and it was extremely uncomfortable. Just depends how well you can handle it. I usually only have to piss about every 15 -20 minutes.

Last edited:
Ok, for sure helpful would be also:

-intense exercises - the more you sweat, and the faster your heart beats the better
-drinking beer

Last edited:
BeenArrested4Pot said:
Keep in mind there are some drugs where drinking excess fluids many days before the test will actually help flush out metabolites, I'm mainly thinking methamphetamine.
Actually, methamp is fat-soluble; you're probably confused with normal amps which can be excreted faster with an increased acid consumption.

BeenArrested4Pot said:
If you're on PCP you have bigger issues than passing a drug test.
lol

Bob Loblaw said:
Actually, methamp is fat-soluble; you're probably confused with normal amps which can be excreted faster with an increased acid consumption.

Fixed. I consider this guide an ongoing project so input is appreciated.

Last edited:
glove method is bull shiiiitt; gas chromatography/mass spectrometry. Any federal office or lab will have your ass.

I passed all my probation tests like this too, but they have to use the dipstick/NIDA-5, otherwise any lab test will show that you diluted. They dont even use those around here anymore (NorCal) I dont think. Everyone I know out here says the tests go to labs when they take them.
Its absofuckinglutely ridiculous that the punishments for pot are still so unreasonably harsh.
If it wasn't for all these wheezing gray-haired Nixon fans running the country, this bullshit would have stopped long ago.

They test for benzos to here, honestly I usally just gave dirty urines and did my couple weeks :) Though the only sureishfire method I know of is Golden Seal, tons of them and gallons of water.

Pissing out cold water is a very un-settling feeling