• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

drug test and creatine?

Boo

Bluelighter
okay, so i got surprised by a drug test at work. I had taken IV coke (about 1 8ball split b/t 2 people) 6 days prior. I drank about 3 liters of water before the test and 2 days after the test the doctor calls me up and says that my test was "invalid" because of low creatine levels. i told him i drink a lot of water and try not to drink soft drinks and that i am a vegetarian (so i can't get creatine from meat) so my question is: do they usually test for creatine levels after they test for drugs or before? the doctor asked what kind of prescriptions i had been taking and i told him that i'd taken klonopin, paxil, remeron, synthiod, and some anti-biotics. he was interested mostly in the anti-biotics i had taken. i told him i didn't remember which one it was (it was amoxicillan) and he said that i had 5 days to tell him which anti-biotic it was or to get a letter from my doctor explaining why i had particularly low creatine levels. i had also IV'd coke (about 2.5 8balls split b/t 2 people) the day before he called to tell me this. i am about 20lbs overweight and know that i have a slow metabolism, but i'd pretty sure that the coke would be undetectable after 6 days. do they usually retest in this kind of situation or does anyone know what procedures are followed.
thanks for any help.

Originally posted by Boo:
do they usually retest in this kind of situation or does anyone know what procedures are followed.
thanks for any help.

You're in the best position to know whether they'll retest- offer to be retested. 6 days is PLENTY of time for the coke to be out of your system (72 hrs is standard). It's really up to your employee on whether to retest or not. Ask your HR department- call them up and explain just as you did here (minus the IV coke thing) and see what they have to say.
doc

If you're drinking tons of water to try & pass a drug test you should ALWAYS take a few grams of creatine an hour before the test.

Just tell him you were taking amoxicillin, tell him you have no problem with a re-test if thats what they need - cocaine is out of yer system in far less then 6 days, so, as of now stop taking any illegal drugs and you wont have to bother flushing out your system with a pool of water, it's then not nessacary to supplement with creatine (you can if you wish but for continuity I wouldnt, it might look weird if you go from a really low level to a super high level) ..
Problem solved! Remember, you didn't fail the test, and you didn't test hot for supplements that can MASK a positive test reasult - if they tell you your creatine levels are low say "ok, and?" .. let them give you the options you have and go from there... but damnit, you have advanced warning, you have NO EXCUSE for taking ANY illicit substances before this (possible) re-test, if you fuck up and decide to have a night of IV cocaine use then I hope you fail!

I have not, and do not plan to take anything illegal until all of this blows over. I plan on calling my doctor to have her test my creatine levels (after flushing w/water) so maybe I can get a letter from her (which would be better because then I doubt they would retest me). If that doesn't work I'll just call the drug test clinic and tell them what I've been taking and offer another test. Thank you very much for your help.

I wouldn't bother going to a doctor for a letter and all that nonsense... just ask the test place what options you have or what they wish to do - again, you have complied, you didn't test hot, so you don't need to bother going out of your way for them..

Do not act like you did anything wrong. Having low creatine is not a crime and should not fail the test.
I took about 50 drug test for my PO, and I was low-creatine for two of them (because I was flushing with water). Since my record was good on all other tests, he just ignored it.
good luck.

It's not creatine, its creatinine, and low levels indicate that your urine was diluted. read about it here ====> http://my.webmd.com/encyclopedia/article/1821.50774
Diluting urine to pass drug tests is a typical tactic and that's why the creatinine level is checked. If you have kidney problems or are taking drugs that affect kidney function, this is an excuse. That's what they're asking about, not if you haven't taken enough creatine.

I called the test clinic and told them the anti-biotic i had been taking and they said that should not effect creatine (or whatever levels) in my urine. they demanded that i see a doctor TODAY and have a urinalisys ran. I am flushing my system with water (as i did for the drug test) and hoping for the best.

Originally posted by Boo:
I called the test clinic and told them the anti-biotic i had been taking and they said that should not effect creatine (or whatever levels) in my urine. they demanded that i see a doctor TODAY and have a urinalisys ran. I am flushing my system with water (as i did for the drug test) and hoping for the best.
Fuck the clinic- talk to your HR department. Tell them you took the test, it was negative except for some low level of "something" that I'm unfamiliar with. Find out what YOUR company's rules are regarding this- not the testing clinic. The clinic is paid by YOUR company. IF your company wants you to get further testing, that's up to them- not the testing site.
doc

Originally posted by Dr.groveller:
Fuck the clinic- talk to your HR department. Tell them you took the test, it was negative except for some low level of "something" that I'm unfamiliar with. Find out what YOUR company's rules are regarding this- not the testing clinic. The clinic is paid by YOUR company. IF your company wants you to get further testing, that's up to them- not the testing site.Sadly it IS up to the testing place.. your company contracts with that testing service, so if you dont satisify the clinics requirements for a clean test they can fail you .. now if they fail you then you can take it up with HR, but if you go in and start telling 19 y/o Melissa (the head of every companies HR department) about your low levels of this and that you will just be directed to take it up with the clinic...
As others said - just go in and fill the cup, if they bitch about anything simply maintain that you have not taken anything illegal and the burden is on them to fix everything... they still might fail you!

fortunatly (or mabye unfortunately) my HR guy is about 45 and one of the friendliest people at the company I've talked to. Ive never talked company business such as this or anything else with him but just bullshitting around and he always says hi and asks how i'm doing when i see him in passing. i work at a small chemical plant and i'm one of 3 women that work in the operations department out of about 500. including the test sample i just submitted to my family doctor (awaiting analisys) this will be NINE times that i've been tested "randomly" (i know there testing format is illegal - they use names instead of empployee number or social - and names can discrimate against gender, ethnicity, etc) in 1.5 years. plus i have no spills, or incidents or anything against me to give them reason to test frequently. i spoke with some of the other employees about their frequency of testing and they said they hadn't been tested in "over at least 5 years" so even if they do fail me, it won't be for drugs (because i asked if they needed me to submit another sample and he said no everything was clear but the creatine) and if i get fired then i think i might at least have a sexual harrassment suit against them.

just to let everyone know the whole drug test thing turned out okay. my doctor confirmed my low creatine levels to the drug test doctor and all is well in the land of that. however, i have a MUCH larger problem now. i know this is the incorrect forum for this but i know this forum gets a lot more traffic and people might be able to help me more so i am just going to post another a link to another post i made in the legal forum. basically, my house got raided by the DEA for GBL and they had arrested my boyfriend but not officially charged him. here is the link: http://www.bluelight.ru/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=42&t=000245