Not open for further replies.

Holy_cow

Bluelighter
Club Drugs

Healthcare - Health Tips - Military

Commentary by Janice Spellman, Kirk U.S. Army Health Clinic, and
Cynthia Scott, Army Substance Abuse Program
Aberdeen Proving Ground, Md.

The greatest tool against drug abuse is knowledge.

The Army Substance Abuse Program is tasked with educating the Army public on the newest and latest drug information. Now ASAP is advising awareness of illegal hallucinogenic drugs that are beginning to surface with new names and are being marketed in the Army community.

According to the Drug Enforcement Administration, a new club drug called "Molly" is the latest discovery. Molly is a very dangerous form of Ecstasy.

Molly is an off-white powder generally found in a gelatin capsule. Molly has properties similar to the stimulant effects of Ecstasy, but taken in larger doses, it promotes hallucinogenic reactions.

This poses an even greater risk to young adults who have take Ecstasy previously and accidentally overdosed by trying to achieve the hallucinogenic effects.

Molly, like Ecstasy, is made and sold in "rave clubs." The physical effects include hallucinations, increased heart rate, dehydration, higher body temperature, heart failure and increased blood pressure. In September 2002, the DEA listed this drug on Schedule I, meaning that it has a high potential for abuse and no accepted medical use.

Alpha-methyl tryptamines (commonly called "AMT" or "Spirals") and 5-MeO-DIPT (commonly called "Foxy" or "Foxy Methoxy") are substances rapidly gaining popularity. These drugs are similar to LSD and Ecstasy.

AMT can be taken orally or smoked. Foxy is taken orally. Both drugs can pose serious hazards to the user and the public. These drugs can cause multiple physical effects such as an increase in energy and in the rhythmic contraction of the heart, mood swings, smiling, visual patterning and closed-eye visuals, blurred vision, restlessness, yawning, dilated pupils, anxiety, tension, nausea, vomiting, decrease in coordination, muscle aches, headaches, jaw clenching, and various minor side effects.

These drugs have been encountered at various Army installations.

The Army Substance Abuse Program continually works to remain current on drug use and abuse and encourages all Americans to do the same.

Just because you don't have children or your children are grown doesn't mean it's not your problem. It will take every one of us to know what is going on around us and take action to stop the drug dealers. Parents should be aware of suspicious activity or changes in a child's behavior. Be an informed parent and have open discussion with your children about drugs.

Army installation ASAP offices have substance-abuse prevention and training materials.

For more information visit the Drug Enforcement Administration.

(Dr. Derrick Copper, alcohol and drug control officer for the ASAP program at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Md., provided additional expertise for this article.)

(Adapted from Aberdeen Proving Ground, Md., News)

Health Tips from Army Medicine
July 2003
http://www.armymedicine.army.mil/hc/healthtips/13/200307clubdrugs.cfm

I would like to find our more about this enigmatic drug called molly. Schentific name, struture, doses and effects would be helpful. Accordinhly to the reoprt Molly has properties similar to the stimulant effects of Ecstasy, but taken in larger doses, it promotes hallucinogenic reactions.There my alarm clocks ring!

Molly could make a nice recreational drug.

Edit: solved part of the mystery of molly: TFMPP = 'Molly'

Last edited:
Molly is also a name for real MDMA, just in powder/crystal form, rather than in pressed pill form. Obviously, if you want to do MDMA, molly is the only way to go--I don't think I'd ever trust a pressie, there could be too many random compounds in it.

Man, that report is pretty "reefer madness." Given the source, I'm in no way surprised; nothing like the government propaganda machine.

Last edited:
rhythmic contraction of the heart, mood swings, smiling, visual patterning and closed-eye visuals, blurred vision, restlessness, yawning, dilated pupils, anxiety, tension, nausea, vomiting, decrease in coordination, muscle aches, headaches, jaw clenching, and various minor side effects.

So the heart beats, you have the usual psychedelic effects, maybe some headaches and minor side effects?

Ouch. Wouldn't want to risk that!

Molly is pure MDMA, mostly in hippie/jamband circles but also in the rave culture. It's been called that for well over a decade..

Molly, like Ecstasy, is made and sold in "rave clubs."

What clubs? I would like to visit a club who had their own MDMA-lab in the basement and a resident chemist =D

^That would at lease guarantee that the stuff is fresh...directly from the round bottom flask in the basement into the raver's mouth.

Yeah, but would you honestly be able to tell a difference between "fresh" MDMA and MDMA that is a few weeks/months old?

i feel that if a batch of MDMA has been flying around the country for a few months it may loose potency & get cut to fuck each time it switches hands.

i feel that if a batch of MDMA has been flying around the country for a few months it may loose potency & get cut to fuck each time it switches hands.

Cutting is an issue, but degradation isn't, MDMA is a very stable compound.

Molly has properties similar to the stimulant effects of Ecstasy, but taken in larger doses, it promotes hallucinogenic reactions.

LOL. nice "knowledge", army health clinic.

im guessing our military men are the rc suppliers and to keep the goods flowing in they are just saying its molly, mdma in caps, to keep their buddies in business and the customers in the states happy. im guessing thats it looking at the year. isnt that around the time the us rc sites started closing down? maybe o4?

btw the army has training materials for dmt and amt drug abuse? i want to get my hands on that. also molly is scheduled 1 i want to see how that was written. molly, this wonder drug molly, not mdma molly is now schedule 1.

and this is interesting
This poses an even greater risk to young adults who have take Ecstasy previously and accidentally overdosed by trying to achieve the hallucinogenic effects.

maybe a letter to military becareful of capsules. it isnt molly just some rcs out. dont assume its mdma because then you will take it. thats what i get from it at least.

smiling, visual patterning and closed-eye visuals

Smiling, oh no, that's pretty bad. Seems like too risky of a drug for me guys. Let's all stay away.

so what you are saying is it doesn't lose potency but keeps getting cut as it goes down the foodchain:\

"The greatest tool against drug abuse is knowledge"."

Alpha-methyl tryptamines ......and 5-MeO-DIPT ....... are substances rapidly gaining popularity. These drugs are similar to LSD and Ecstasy".

As Foucault so wisely said "knowledge is power":|:|

Status
Not open for further replies.