• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Do you believe in soul mates?

alicat72 said:
no....the man i believed to be my soul mate (was married for 7 years), broke my heart into a million pieces....so, my conclusion is....soul mates do not exist.
Soul Mates exist but unfortunately so do bad decisions. Because of modern literature and media we believe the notion of soul mates to strictly inhabit the realm of love in the classical sense. By buying into this notion often times we ruin relationships with soul mates by trying to place them into an artificial confine in order to meet the neo-mythical connotations of what soul mate has become. It is only by deconstructing the nature of relationships are we able to view evaluate and evolve the notion of relationships and return them to their true purpose. I have dated men and have loved some of them as well but the idea of soul mate never occurred. Perhaps the notion of long term stability did but not whether or not we are soul mates. People for whatever reason pop in and out of our lives according to both fate and free will, its observing these patterns as well as personalities of people that we are then free to connect and experience the soul mate phenomena outside of its usual purview

getreal said:
What a marvelous description! Yea, I believe in soulmates. I also believe that whatever trouble occurs in the relationship between 'soulmates' will eventually find its peace. :)
I take that ^ back. I agree with you lp:

Soul Mates exist but unfortunately so do bad decisions. Because of modern literature and media we believe the notion of soul mates to strictly inhabit the realm of love in the classical sense. By buying into this notion often times we ruin relationships with soul mates by trying to place them into an artificial confine in order to meet the neo-mythical connotations of what soul mate has become. It is only by deconstructing the nature of relationships are we able to view evaluate and evolve the notion of relationships and return them to their true purpose.

Best thing I've read on BL today!:)

Last edited:
if i do have a soul mate...i believe there will not only be one, but many, actually, no i dont believe in soul mates because people come in and out of your life all the time, yeah people stick with one person for a longgg time if not a lifetime, but i dont believe everyone has a soul mate, very few do in that case and i personally would find it kind of boring lol