• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Do you believe in soul mates?

I don't try to pretend to preach that each one of us has one and only one soul mate.

All I know is that my best friend and I share a strange and powerful bond that I have never experienced before. And I'm not sure I can feel that bond with someone else.

Does that mean that I will never have other bonds with people? No. Just that THIS bond is special unto itself.

I feel sorry for those who have not experienced what I have. If you had, you would believe in the idea of a soul mate.

I don't believe that you can just have only one.

like people are saying, you have many connections with other people.

Benefit said:
I believe that there are strings that intersect our lives and resonate with the energy of our pure wordless existence, and that when these ripples in the fabric of eternity find their counterpoint in another we feel for the first time in our lives that the unexplainable has dissolved itself from within the Void and we can almost touch that universal truth that binds us all like Egyptian textiles. And it is glorious.

For some people, they equate this soul mate with their lover.

Not me.

My soulmate is a bag.

I am an Egyptian textile.

A "soul mate" is the "perfect" person for U, like yin/yang that makes U feel whole. Maybe u'r "Best Friend Forever." I have a BFF of 15 years who is like a sister to me . . . we never had sex. I have a BF I'm beginning to feel is developing into a soul mate.

L O V E L I F E said:
Do you believe in purple unicorns?

Santa Claus?

Exactly what evidence could one possibly have that supports this idea?

I promise that I'm not trying to be a wise-ass.

I honestly can't comprehend how anyone with a modicum of relationship experience can possibly believe in this.

Believing in God is one thing - for many wise individuals, there is simply no alternate explanation for certain things like how the universe started, etc. - and additionally, one can argue that he/she has "experienced" God.

But with this "soulmate" idea, there is a glaring alternate explanation:

"No - without additional evidence, it is probably NOT the case that there is exactly ONE person out of 7,000,000,000 who is a "perfect" match for each and every one of those 7,000,000,000."

And EVEN IF, hypothetically, YOU and your PERFECT PARTNER feel this way about each other (for now, at least), how could you possibly take the leap that this "perfect match" exists for EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE WORLD?

Someone please explain to me why you choose to believe in something so absolutely nonsensical.
I think that in order to believe in soul mates, you have to believe in a higher power. Or at least some kind of a divine existence.

Those numbers you've provided are staggering. It seems that it would be impossible. If it is true that there is a surreal connection for each and every one of us, it seems it would have to have been created. And I doubt that that creator would create this connection between 2 individuals, if it were not possible for them to even ever meet.

There are lots of soul mates, or kindred spirits, that are meant to come into our lives at different times for different reasons. Is there one out there for anyone? Whether or not you find/attract them to you would depend on what energy you were putting out there and the purpose your soul is reaching towards in entering into this life. Not all of us are here to find love, at least not in the romantic sense. Some of us are here to be tested, or to do something, or a number of other reasons.

Well I think if you just look at it logically, all spiritual/past life/fate issues aside, there would have to be. There would have to be many GOOD matches, and one BEST match, out of all the people out there, all the combinations of personality and nature and opinion and all the other factors. There would have to be.

As far as whether they might be on the other side of the world, or speak a different language, thats all crap and it doesn't matter. All material matters of this world are an illusion, and if you put yourself out there, have right thoughts, and BELIEVE (most important), the universe will attract that person, and set of circumstances leading to your meeting, right to you.

This is absolute truth, and it goes way beyond soul mates. It goes for anything you want.

I don't believe in soulmates. I do believe in anti-soulmates. The person who was put on this earth for the purpose of destroying your faith in all that is good and pure.

^ :(

I don't think that one person can be everything to one person... I do, however, believe that people come into your life, and there is something unspoken...something that, while not tangible, is definitely there... you just 'get' eachother. I have a few women in my life like that, and I am enriched because of it.

However, the wonderful man in my life... I take everything i've said above about just 'knowing'... something unspoken... I apply it to him and multiply it by a billion. There is a fundamental understanding, a deep peace and serenity that i feel in myself because of him, that i've never felt before. It's more than being in love.

I'm not entirely sure if i'm even making sense right now, but i've explained it the best I can. I think the fact that I can't word how i feel about him succinctly only serves to explain what i'm trying to say, even more.

GenericMind said:
Perfect. Let's face it: as unique and special people want to believe they are, there are only so many personality archetypes in the world. It's obvious certain archetypes are good matches for certain people, and all you add in for that "perfect" match are a few more desired qualities. What are the chances that those qualities are completely unique to only one person in the entire world?

Probably statistically insignificant :)

A lot of good definitions here!

I'll add: these "soul mates" seem to enter one's lives at just the right time, like angels or messengers. Sometimes thay can be "anti-soulmates" or devils and,

Yes, I do believe U can have more than one soul-mate at a time and U don't hafta have sex with them either, like with brothers or sisters, which some of my soul mates are even though we're not related. (I feel more close to them than my biological sisters.)

Last edited:
fuSionEX said:
What if you're born in Canada and your "one" perfect match gets born in Scotland so you never meet? lol

Maybe yous die & are reborn/reincarnated - so that nasty situation is neatly avioded.

B9 said:
Maybe yous die & are reborn/reincarnated - so that nasty situation is neatly avioded.

But what if I was a complete bitch and get reborn as a Cockroach, would I have Scottish Cockroach soulmate? :\

Dunno - I suppose that time would level the matter out eventually.

I'd like to be able project the ideals of a soulmate onto a partner one day. For now, i'm unsure.

I believe in them 100 percent because i found mine
eventually someone comes along for everyone
its just a matter of you taking the risk to let it happen

SoulmateS, yes, definitely - though it has to do with archetypal personalities rather than some sort of destiny, and there are many many people who could fit the role nicely.

^^^ Yeah, soulmates I've had/have have personalties similar to mine, which is very rare. I've had soulmates who haven't graduated from high school and some who have PhD's. It's a meeting of hearts, honesty and openness as well as minds. It's very spiritual. It's like we've known eachother since birth and will remain BFF. . .

Not sure what U mean by "archetypal," unless U mean our personalities seem to come from the same seed like brothers & sisters or family.

I think u can have a soul mate, cause out of all the guy's i have dated i have found the perfect one for me.
We know what each other is thinking most of the time we like most of the same things and we get along realy well.
And to top it off i have never felt so truely loved or wanted in any relationship like i do with my bf.
He is the loe of my life and most of all i see him as my soul mate as does he of me.

Totally believe there are soul mates, well at least that is till someone better comes along.