• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Do you believe in soul mates?

I think there are a lot of perfect matches for the majority of people in the world.

Not if it's limited to a strictly 1:1 relationship. I prefer to look at it as we all have places inside of us, ports in which only a certain person will fit The number of ports varies per person.

samadhi_smiles said:
^ perfect or good enough?

Perfect. Let's face it: as unique and special people want to believe they are, there are only so many personality archetypes in the world. It's obvious certain archetypes are good matches for certain people, and all you add in for that "perfect" match are a few more desired qualities. What are the chances that those qualities are completely unique to only one person in the entire world?

Belief.

tis illogical,
but then one could understand why it is most often manifested,
in the context of love-
that, which transcends logic.

I don't think there is only one person for every person, but I do believe that I've found my soulmate. I couldn't imagine myself with any other girl.

<3
pullstring said:
i think we all have soul mates.

But I think we have more than one.

Let me explain.........

I think that being one's "soul mate" means that you and your partner are connected at some level that just cant be explained. When you have those days that you BOTH feel like being lazy, or you both want Taco bell , or just always being in step to the same tune without someone counting the beat for you. When you feel sad and you arent sure why till they tell you something has happened.

Now I dont think that means there is "one" person for me. I feel you can connect at the soul with different people, its just a matter of how you and the person in question stack your chips together. But once you have found one, why leave?

This is why I believe is soul mates. You hit it right on the nose for me and I couldn't have explained it better myself. In fact, I wan't able to explain it at all. Thank you for putting my fluid beliefs into words.
<3

I didn't believe in such fairy tale crud until I met my husband. Heck, I never had any interest in marriage until I met him. I knew in the first 2 months of the entwining of our lives. I need/desire no one else. We connect on so many levels. He makes me want to be more than I was. Every year gets better as we evolve together.

I use to, that is until the bitch tried to take everything I've worked for in our divorce.

There is a feeling that comes from spending time with one's soulmate - it is a type of deeply peaceful joy. It doesn't come from other sorts of relationships, and it is qualitatively different from mere "happiness." Most importantly, with a true soulmate, one feels their happiness not merely as one's own but more so - to see one's soulmate truly happy is to experience joy transcendent.
What a marvelous description! Yea, I believe in soulmates. I also believe that whatever trouble occurs in the relationship between 'soulmates' will eventually find its peace. :)

Last edited:
I dont believe that there is a certain one person for any individual. Many fish in the sea and what not.

For those of y'all that believe in soul mates, are they necessarily your lovers only?

I ask because I feel I've found my soul mate with my best friend. He has expressed the same feeling to me. We are truly brothers and believe that SOMETHING strange brought us together. The circumstance under which we met are just too weird.

Yes, I believe in soul mates. But, I think people get wrapped up in finding them with a lover or partner only. Souls transcend sexuality.

I dont think that with my thoughts on soulmates that is limited to a "lover" my best friend and I could have been in a sence cause we where always right there thinking and acting out the same thoughts at just about all times.

But I do think that a lover has a stronger connection though

Do you believe in purple unicorns?

Santa Claus?

Exactly what evidence could one possibly have that supports this idea?

I promise that I'm not trying to be a wise-ass.

I honestly can't comprehend how anyone with a modicum of relationship experience can possibly believe in this.

Believing in God is one thing - for many wise individuals, there is simply no alternate explanation for certain things like how the universe started, etc. - and additionally, one can argue that he/she has "experienced" God.

But with this "soulmate" idea, there is a glaring alternate explanation:

"No - without additional evidence, it is probably NOT the case that there is exactly ONE person out of 7,000,000,000 who is a "perfect" match for each and every one of those 7,000,000,000."

And EVEN IF, hypothetically, YOU and your PERFECT PARTNER feel this way about each other (for now, at least), how could you possibly take the leap that this "perfect match" exists for EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE WORLD?

Someone please explain to me why you choose to believe in something so absolutely nonsensical.

I believe that there are strings that intersect our lives and resonate with the energy of our pure wordless existence, and that when these ripples in the fabric of eternity find their counterpoint in another we feel for the first time in our lives that the unexplainable has dissolved itself from within the Void and we can almost touch that universal truth that binds us all like Egyptian textiles. And it is glorious.

For some people, they equate this soul mate with their lover.

Not me.

My soulmate is a bag.

I don't believe in a soul mate per se.

I know that my girlfriend and I have a connection that is unique. We are very similar in thought and action (scarily so in some instances) but this could be because we are good friends from way back and I expect most of my closest friends will share the same interests and values as me.

But there is no doubt that something has pulled us together that isn't the run of the mill. Little things happen or make themselves apparent that even me, a man of science finds interesting.

I spent a year covering my home city with mosaics in a particular design. When she picked me up for the first time in over a year there on the back of her car windscreen was a sticker of the same design, right down to the same number of "tiles".

Even though we live so far apart we often find we are listening to the same song at almost the same time.

I once received my new credit card and pin, just as I was starting to complain about having to remember another fucking PIN, I suddenly realised that the random selection of numbers were in fact the same as her birthday. (I have changed it by the way....:| )

I know that one can look for these things if they really try, but the past few months these have come at such an alarming speed that we are no longer surprised. We have just put it down to the universe deciding that it is of utmost importance that we are together.... even if that means we never actually meet our true soul mates...;)

L O V E L I F E said:
"No - without additional evidence, it is probably NOT the case that there is exactly ONE person out of 7,000,000,000 who is a "perfect" match for each and every one of those 7,000,000,000."

And EVEN IF, hypothetically, YOU and your PERFECT PARTNER feel this way about each other (for now, at least), how could you possibly take the leap that this "perfect match" exists for EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE WORLD?

Someone please explain to me why you choose to believe in something so absolutely nonsensical.

I'm not sure one must buy into the "only one soulmate on the whole planet" concept to continue to find worth in the more reasonably-defined version of "soulmate."

Truth be told, I don't even see anything in the etymology of the word itself that suggests this concept of the "one in seven billion" that you've appropriately flagged as being statistically intimidating to say the least (though my own numerical profile would be, err, different - fewer prospective candidates than two-leggers, but much faster "turnover" of new prospective partners being born and dying each year). In my own life, I'd say I have been fortunate to have been deeply bonded with on the order of 5 or 6 soulmates thus far. I'd describe two of my partners, currently, as soulmates without hesitation and a third and I are currently in that giddy phase where it seems clear those more profound attachments are being build in a hurry. It is beautiful, and also scary.

Can one have a soulmate without physical intimacy? My vote is yes - I sometimes described my friend Dwain as a "soulmate" and not only did we not have any sort of physical relationship. . . we weren't even the proper species and/or gender for intimacy to be potentially workable! That said, I have found that the addition of sexual intimacy to an already-deep relationship can bring with it some intense and memorable qualitative changes in the texture of the bond.

Peace,

Fausty