• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

What is the Most Romantic Song?

Oh god. Sorry, but I hate Unchained Melody with a passion. A firey passion. Hate.

:D

No. Patrick Swayze definitely does not do it for me. Nor does Demi for that matter.

In fact any scene in that film that did not have Whoopi Goldberg in it was dead lame.

aanallein said:
SuperTrav you don't like my choice? rofl

supertrav strikes me as a bit of a music snob with his sentiment, but then I don't know what songs he was talking about.

Wait, you said Plies? Die.

aanallein said:
SuperTrav you don't like my choice? rofl

Actually, I'm not familiar with your choice.
I was referring to the Jeff fuckin' Healy and the Proclaimers songs. The sentiments professed in those songs would be interpretted as nothing less than pathetic were they uttered to a woman in real life. I find nothing remotely romantic about them.
The Proclaimers song translates to "I'm really whipped" and the Jeff Healey "I'm punching waaaaaaay above my weight with you, baby!" Both would be real turn offs if expressed IRL.

However, I do agree that Unchained Melody is a crime against music. Ditto You Lost That Loving Feeling.

500 miles lyrics
When I wake up yeah I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who wakes up next to you
When I go out yeah I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who goes along with you

If I get drunk yes I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who gets drunk next to you
And if I haver yeah I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's havering to you

But I would walk 500 miles
And I would walk 500 more
Just to be the man who walked 1000 miles
To fall down at your door

When I'm working yes I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's working hard for you
And when the money comes in for the work I'll do
I'll pass almost every penny on to you

When I come home yeah I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who comes back home to you
And if I grow old well I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's growing old with you

When I'm lonely yes I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man whose lonely without you
When I'm dreaming yes I know I'm gonna dream
Dream about the time when I'm with you.

OK, I didn't remember the part about him giving all his money to her, but other than that it's the sweetest song ever written. Beats anything Shakespeare wrote by a long way in my opinion.

I like men to be simple and straight-forward like that. Anyone could write some poncy trash about the fire in her eyes or whatever, but what does that mean at the end of the day? This song says he basically wants to be her best mate for the rest of his life. That's romantic.

Dire Straits - Romeo and Juliet, which was already mentioned.

Call me crazy but I also love 'One' - Bee Gees :\

Mariposa said:
Jeff Healey Band - Angel Eyes

<3

No fucking way. This really needs to stop.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080303/ap_on_en_mu/obit_healey;_ylt=AgAQoeMm8tQtmbMEkznNP26s0NUE

:( :( :(

*edit* Fishface, you beat me to it by about 2 minutes. What a sad Monday it is now. :(

*another edit* Here's the Youtube to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYz_LHKrgDY

I had no idea he was even blind. I just thought he was a great blues guitarist. If I dreamed of a wedding, this would be the first dance. And Trav - nothing 'pathetic' about it; stop trying me.

Last edited:
Mariposa, seeing that Jeff Healey died the day after you praised one of his songs, would you mind taking some time out of your day to say good things about some songs by Soulja Boy, Bono, Flo Rida, Meatloaf, and Celine Dion?