• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

sores in mouth from using meth????

kLePtO_mAnIc99

Bluelighter
i have a problem when i do meth. when i do it ill most likely do a short binge. i like it. its good. the only problem that makes me want to stop using is the fact that i start to get all these sores in my mouth, on my toungue, and they hurt like a bitch. sometimes i can barely talk. now, when i binge i dont eat (duh) but i do drink water. WHY do i get these sores in my mouth??? is there any way to curb the sores?? do they go away if you keep binging??? HELP ME!!!!

well the sores were my first sign that this chemical can be nasty, i think the best thing you can do is to use a speed bong, there easy to contruct... and yes it does seem to go away if you keep smoking, but a water-bong makes a large difference imo.

i use to get this all the time...so bad it would make me cry and not able to eat for days...i think my problem was when i was usin, i was suckin on the sides of my tounge...causen the sores...something i dont miss... :)

the smoke is harsh and the grinding can irritate your whole mouth much like X does.....

So sores bringing you down I know the feeling way back when (5 years ago) I used speed everyday for about 3 years.. Any way I to used to get sores, infact I remeber one nasty night out side of 1015 Folsom I sat in a car with afriend and they were so bad I had my friend suck jolly ranchers until they were you know slimy and then she would give them to me and i would finish them off that really helped with the pain of them (of course I had been awake for about 72 hours or more)..Any who the thing to do is 1 eat before yu bing 2 keep liquids in (h20 or beer) and 3 keep hard candy with you it then seems to lessen the sores...GOOD LUCK

I haven't really noticed any difference between hitting a bong and a regular pipe, as no matter what, I only get sores if I let myself grind or chew gum for hours, as my tongue gets really screwed up all along the sides where it rubs against my teeth.
However, as far as the grinding is concerned, a lot of people on this board seem to swear by magnesium for helping a great deal with this, so you might want to look into that. I think the recommended dose is somewhere between 500-1000 mgs...
http://www.bluelight.ru/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=54&t=000132

How do you do your meth? And what do you consider a "binge"?
[ 11 April 2002: Message edited by: fairnymph ]

I know what you're talking about, it has nothing to do with the smoke. (that I know of)
Amphetamines induce repeated muscle movements, many centered around your head and neck (stereotypy). A lot of these occur in your mouth. What happens with me at least, I rub my tongue against sharp spots on my teeth almost subconsciously, and after several days of this white sores apear on my tongue that make eating and talking painful. Even when I'm aware of it, I still can't stop doing it. However, after the first week of constant use I build up a tolerance to these effects of amphetamine, and the sores heal fairly fast.
There are probably a lot of variations on this, like chewing on your cheeks, etc. I don't know of any way to stop this effect, other than building up a tolerance. Also, they think the 'appetite suppressant' effects of amphetamine are really the repeated muscular movements interfering with your ability to chew and swallow food, which confuses your body and makes it seem like you have no appetite.
Search for 'amphetamine induced hypophagia' on google and you should find some good articles on this if you want to read more about it.

yeh, i take my meth orally. i should let it be known that i dont take street meth, but Desoxyn, the prescription meth. im feeling that you guys are right that the sores come from chewing on my cheek area or toungue. and ill be chewing on gum from like 9 am till like 6 pm or so even though the gum is gross. i have to chew on something and i WANT that peice. and the gum gets really hard to chew and it KILLS my mouth chewing it but for some reason i refuse to get a new peice. i can guess that that has something to do with it. im now going to keep hard candy with me and rinse my mouth out twice a day. im crankin now and im trying soooo hard to keep from moving my mouth cause my mother will know that shits up....again. ive never really got that into it like hardcore but a binge for me is anywhere from 3-5 days of no sleep and my meth intake is about 100-125 mgs for that time.

Originally posted by BOGBUBBLE:
well the sores were my first sign that this chemical can be nasty, i think the best thing you can do is to use a speed bong, there easy to contruct... and yes it does seem to go away if you keep smoking, but a water-bong makes a large difference imo.
Excuse my ignorance, but why the hell would someone use a bong for meth?? I hope you're drinking that bong water