• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How many MG of Alprazolam (Xanax) do you usually take?

i take 6mg ativan a day, so personally id go with about 6mg of xanax
but if you rarely take it start with 1mg then redose by .5's every half hour as needed

Im afraid Im a bit of a monster. I'd been taking Nirtrazepam all last week so my tolerance was up. I've had a break from benzos for a few months but have been using them since the 90's.

I'd agree with xanax-man with 4mg-6mg for a non user. As it's a short acter it works quite well for little 2mg bumps throughout the day too. Plus if its too much for you get some rest and you'll be fine in a few hours.

I myself took 12mg yesterday and another 8mg this morning with a nice cocktail in bed. - I know, I have a probelm- dont worry Im in great treatment and this was a slip-up (although theres still 80mg in my drawer :s) Will be ordering Valli's next time I think... although I can only get over-priced 5mgs from the site I trust.

You guys are crazy

With no tolerance, 1mg of xanax is plenty. 2mg and you will forget what the hell happened.

INFaMaS said:
You guys are crazy

With no tolerance, 1mg of xanax is plenty. 2mg and you will forget what the hell happened.

Yeah everytime i take at least 2mg of alprazolam i wake up thinking how the fuck did i get here??

Start with 1mg, it's enough for a first timer, trust me.

dude, i love the responses in this thread

legitballer said:
so...id take 3mg, drink a beer and smoke a joint.

johanneschimpo said:
I take 4-6mg, and I expect to be asleep.

supersilver said:
I have a major tolerance so it's not uncommon for me to take over 10 1mg tablets.

any of this would destroy me

1mg is probably my sweet spot, maybe 1.5... Benzos just have me acting the fool quicker than anything. 2mg is probably enough to make me do a little bit of stupid shit and forget about it.

4mg and I would be an obnoxious zombie roaming the earth for no real reason

But then I never cared for benzos much. There's no tangible euphoria for me. They are very useful for relaxing, but it's not like an opiate that sends solid waves of goodness through my body... it's just... relaxation

These huge variations are causing my facial muscles to pull some very perplexed expressions!

Is is the case, that regardless of previous benzo tolerance/natural resistance, alprazolam is a totally different beast to something like valium?

I take 4 or 5mgs. But I have a pretty high tolerance too. Don't take too much or you'll be asleep and you won't have a clue what happened. So, start with 1mg and see how that does for you. You can always take more.

i think body weight comes in to play alot aswell my gf took 1.5 xanax and smashed her, crawling accross the floor. she weights 60kg and i weight 105 and 2 mg doesn't touch me.

i would stay of the alchohol while i enjoy the benzos just because it seems to dull the relxation. But smoking weed plus xanax. bliss

health or recrecreation

health 1-2 rec 12 pack and a fist full have a phone in your hand you might need it drugs and booze is a scarry mixture

kadaj said:
benzos hit me unusually hard though, odd because i have a naturally high tolerance for opiates, alcohol, and marijuana.

Similar situation here, don't drink booze no more because I developed an intense dread of hangovers but used to binge drink and it took a lot to get me going. Opiates, I always required much higher than the average joe's normal dosage to reach "the nod" stage which is what I'm usually seeking, and that even long after tolerance to opes has vanished.

But benzos, go figure, requires very little for me to reach that laid back ultra-relaxed state of mind I enjoy, and lasts a long time too. Took me a few years of making an amnesic fool of myself to discover this and that was a pleasant surprise. Xanax? One 0.5mg hit and I'm Mr Cool for hours and hours, in full control but oh so easygoing yet often usually more productive at work than when I'm straight, and actually paying attention during meetings and speaking in a concise, clear and to-the-point fashion.

Because I'm obviously oversensitive to benzos I stick with the short-acting variety, at small dosage, and rarely more than one a day: alprazolam (Xanax lol), triazolam (only for sleep) and avoid medium-acting ones such as diazepam, lorazepam, bromazepam, etc. Stuff like clonazepam is a big no-no, last time I took one I was groggy for 3 days fer cris'sakes.

i would take 2 mg. and drink two beers. easy on the alcohol though. you'll want to remember the night. and if you are like me, you'll get too dumb to realize you are blacked out.

3-4mgs, any more than that and I risk sacrificing a large portion of my memory.

If I want to go to sleep id say 2mg
If I want to be very euphoric and party like a rockstar id take 3-6

LegitBaller said:
you got 6 total mg of xanax, so...id take 3mg, drink a beer and smoke a joint. and that will have you relaxed. then, the next day, id do the same thing with 1 more drink and 1 more joint.
I've always heard people say they always drink a beer with xanax.
does 1 beer really make the effects more noticeable?