• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

I want to be cured of my homosexuality

i like wat lady codone said about how society tries to make heterosexuality look like the norm by assuming evryone is straight until they 'come out' as gay
that is so true!
if u r gay, u r still like the rest of us - u just happen to b a man who likes men
wen i meet gay ppl and they tell me their sexual preferences i often wonder why they do so (unless im hitting on them) cos it really doesnt matter - it makes no difference!
and as for religion - like others hav said, if u believe god is a loving god, then he made u 'in his image' and he wudnt want to hav u sent to hell cos of who u r
r u thinking about going to a counsellor?
id suggest u do so if ur uncomfortable wiv ur sexuality - thats one gd way of helping get ur head around it all

Lysis said:
Is this a troll? I feel sorry for you either way.

If he is, he deserves to have bad things happen to him. VERY bad things. This is not a forum to troll.

OP, assuming that you're serious, why do you feel that being gay is so wrong?

I'm a bi sexual woman who thought she was a lesbian for years....

I don't need fixing. I was made this way.

I like men. I like women. I also like the color blue. It is what it is. I accept myself.

learning acceptance is the key...no matter what...wether you go to counseling, bible camp, or turn to self castration, your going to be gay...im not saying go prance up and down the street with a raimbow flag dancing to the village people...but just be aware of the fact that you are gay and there is no reason to drive yourself to madness trying to block it out...let your mind be at ease with this and you will feel a huge weight lift from your shoulders

~GH~

Positron said:
There is something wrong with being gay. Being gay is, in my opinion, morally reprehensible. I do not want to go to hell. I am scared god will punish me.

I am afraid that I will act on my gay fantasies.

you need to see the movie "Kinsey" and do some investigating into alfred kinsey's research....human biology and sexual practice has changed immensely over thousands of years....thousands of years ago homosexuality was accepted in Rome as common practice....it has also been accepted throughout many cultures and times....just watch kinsey and have an open mind....

i personally think that someone, some institution or religion has convinced you that being gay is wrong......the human mind is very vunerable.....especially when we are unsure of who we are....you are still young and you have many years to decide what your preferences are....i know a man who is 28 and he still doesn't know if he is gay or not....he still dates women, but is curious about men and has fantasies about them....fantasies can be wonderful and haunting at the same time......you should get a little more experience sexually before you decide whether you are gay/bi/straight....

good luck....i really hope you find peace with who you innately are...

Positron said:
I am sick of these intrusive homosexual thoughts that I have and I really want to change. I feel so ashamed of myself and even though I'm twenty three years old, haven't told anyone I'm gay. I don't want to live a lie anymore.

Does anyone know if counselling will help? Or is there nothing I can do to change?

Your first mistake is the belief that something is wrong with you.

The premise that God hates homosexuals is based off of thousands of years of general hatred and non-acceptance of homosexuals. It is a lie and and a way for mainstream religion to try to exterminate homosexuality all together, when in reality there is nothing wrong with it.

You should feel blessed that you were allowed to be alive and live on this beautiful earth of ours, not listen to what you've been told to think by a religion who's ideas are based on principals thousands of years old and all but irrelivant to todays world.

I personally couldnt ever imagine being homosexual, but that doesnt mean its "wrong" or "immoral". Some people (especially religious people) will automaticly label something they dont understand as evil, seriously fuck those intolerant pricks. I was brought up in a christian houshold and stuck to those beliefs for the majority of my young life. Only now do I see that these beliefs are the beliefs of other people, not the word of God.

All I can say is live life the way you feel you should. If some people dont like it then screw them, there are billions of people on this earth and some of them will be willing to accept you for who you are, try to find happiness in that.

Why is it so hard to believe that someone thinks being gay is wrong? In my area, it is quite common for people to hold homophobic religious beliefs. Why are so many people accusing me of being a troll?

Because you have a low postcount (ie. possibility of being an alter-ego), and are saying things that elicit a pretty strong response from people. I'm not saying that you are a troll, but that if you are I'd suggest quietly deleting the thread and never returning. This is a serious, support based forum. Trolling belongs (and will be appreciated and lauded) in the Lounge.

However, it's just as likely that you're serious, which if is true you can happily disregard the above.

If your area is so homophobic, then perhaps a change of scenery is in order. There are plenty of places in the world where being gay is seen as simply an aspect of who you are, rather than a horrible sin that will damn you to bla bla bla bla.

Dave said:
If he is, he deserves to have bad things happen to him. VERY bad things. This is not a forum to troll.

OP, assuming that you're serious, why do you feel that being gay is so wrong?

His last couple of posts just seem like he is trolling. This place is indeed no place to troll since some people are just in some need of venting and compassion.

Another reason for me to hate christianity. Saying God created man in his own image and then saying people will go to hell for being what they are. I don't know a single gay person who didn't tell me they were that way since they were born. It's not something you just choose to pick up. Unfortunately they all feel the need to hide what they are because they will get treated so cruelly by most of society. It's complete bullshit.

i like men more than woman
cats more than dogs
chocolate more than vanilla
blue is my fav color

that is just me
g-d made me this way!!!

steve

Years ago a priest would encourage you to join the clergy and live a life of celibacy. I don't agree with that.

Try to find a church that is more progressive in their views regarding homosexuality.

Remember that life is all about choices. You cannot chose your sexuality, but you choose christianity.

Good luck... I'm currently working with someone who is struggling with this same issue.

Lysis said:
His last couple of posts just seem like he is trolling. This place is indeed no place to troll since some people are just in some need of venting and compassion.

I have trolled before and believe me, my posts on this site aren't trolling. I should have thought twice before asking whether fanny packs are fashionable.

mate sorry i havent read through all the posts but. You are who you are and people either accept it or not and people who shun you because your gay isn't worth having around or have there head shoved up there ass so much that what other people are doing doesn't effect them.
I know a kid 16 who came out and its no big deal.

Positron said:
Why is it so hard to believe that someone thinks being gay is wrong? In my area, it is quite common for people to hold homophobic religious beliefs. Why are so many people accusing me of being a troll?

Sounds like it is time to move then, or is the belief that it is wrong more yours than other peoples

The honest truth is, that if God is real, he made you this way FOR A REASON, God is a all-loving person, and he in no way would make somebody a certain way and then banish them to Hell for what HE, HIMSELF did. God sends people to hell for things THEY CAN CONTROL (i.e. free will and their actual choices), not what he, himself created.