• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Amount for an oral heroin overdose?

Alcohol120

Bluelighter
I'm in no possesion of heroin and do not plan on taking any orally, ever. Now that I've stated that, what amount of heroin, of say average purity, would cause an overdose in a person with a small opiate tolerance? I don't know shit about oral heroin, but I'm guessing it's far less effective orally. Would it be safe to swallow half a gram? A friend of mine is wondering if her first time using heroin orally would even work, or get her high. I imagine it would just take a while to kick in. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

-A120

why would you do this? it's like grinding up pot and railing it.

edit: sorry, not you. your friend...

Heroin is like the brand new Audi R8 but only in reverse. If you've never driven a car before, why drive this amazing machine as your first one? Everything else will pale in comparison, even if you can recognize what an amazing machine you are about to drive.

It's like losing your virginity to Angelina Jolie and then never getting to make sweet love to her again. Oh yeah, and you can only do her with both of you on your sides, her not facing you. You did an awesome thing but you did it wrong.

Frankly, why does yur friend even need to do heroin if she's afraid o doing the way most herion users do it. Maybe she feels a lot of pressure.

How about buying a nice bottle of wine and whispering sweet nothing into her ears. But don't accidentaly call her Angelina. Unless that's her name.

BTW, what's her name?

If she doesn't want to IV it, why not just snort or plug it?

The oral bio-availability is the lowest of all routes of administration, at around 35%.

Short answer: yes, it will work, but it is an incredibly wasteful and roundabout way of doing heroin. If she wants to do opiates and go the oral route, there are plenty that have a great oral bioavailability such as hydrocodone and oxycodone or even methadone. The highs from these for an opiate-naive user will be largely reminiscent of heroin.

But if she absolutely wants to use heroin, and must swallow it... well she'll be wasting 65% of her money/drugs.

sonnyluv said:
Heroin is like the brand new Audi R8 but only in reverse. If you've never driven a car before, why drive this amazing machine as your first one? Everything else will pale in comparison, even if you can recognize what an amazing machine you are about to drive.

It's like losing your virginity to Angelina Jolie and then never getting to make sweet love to her again. Oh yeah, and you can only do her with both of you on your sides, her not facing you. You did an awesome thing but you did it wrong.

Frankly, why does yur friend even need to do heroin if she's afraid o doing the way most herion users do it. Maybe she feels a lot of pressure.

How about buying a nice bottle of wine and whispering sweet nothing into her ears. But don't accidentaly call her Angelina. Unless that's her name.

BTW, what's her name?
lol

If you want to swallow heroin, just get some morphine instead. Same feeling, and at least that way you'll get to know exactly how many milligrams you are taking.

I think swallowing heroin would be very foolish, but if one had their heart set on it, assuming they are on the east coast, start with something like 1/4 of a bag. It won't take too long to kick in, so wait a while and see how it feels, and swallow a bit more if you need to.

Perhaps an east coaster could help me with the amounts, I'm assuming a bag to be 100mg of pretty good dope, so I'm saying swallow 25mg of the heroin... which would be what, maybe 15mg of actual heroin (essentially 15mg morphine) if its decent stuff (that would put it at 60%... a fair estimate?). That seems like a good place to start. I'm on the west coast and I get tar, so knowing your location would help. Ewww, swallowing tar. 8(

I've done it and it is a complete waste. So, I had a bunch of bricks of really good dope and I figured "you only live once." I capsuled up 4 bags and swallowed. If u search my threads, you can see the insults I got (and rightfully so-shit, I may have even deleted the thread since the abuse was so thick).

Anyway, the results sucked. I would guess the equiv. would be, best case scenario, a 40 mg oxy but more shorter lived. Bottom line, total waste. The only time I could see it worth it is if you accidentally drop a bundle in water-this has happened to me before and you still may be better trying to dry it.

Anyway, moral of the story: don't eat your dope. I don't iv, but you can sniff or plug (I notice a definitely increase in high, but isn't exactly user friendly, and can't easily be done in your work bathroom!).

Swybs
P.s., dope is a dead-end game, regardless of how you do it. You start off thinking uve found the holy grail, since pricing is so cheaper than pharms and 1 bag gets you nice. Before you know it, you are doing 2-3 bundles a day, waking up sick in middle of night cause you wake up in wds, etc. And no matter how smooth you are, you will eventually get caught coppin at the spot or driving from your dealer's joint. Just say no :).

Swybs

sonnyluv said:

No one loses their virginity to Angelina except male siblings.

Audi A8's are sweet cars, ftw, though.

Christ. You're hyping up heroin a little bit too much sonny. :) Don't get me wrong, H is good. My first time I did it I took 30mg of GC/MS tested pure heroin hcl. I've only done H less than 10 times. It's definitely a lot of fun, but for me it's not the holy grail of opiates. H makes me nod like crazy even in lower doses, so I prefer opioids like oxycodone, fentanyl, hydromorphone, or even hydrocodone because I can still function normally while high. The first time I got high on H might have been my best opiate experience ever, but I've had a lot of other great experiences on other pharmaceutical opiates.

get her to rail it. the stigma attached to heroin is pretty big and girls especially are susceptible to it. If you mention that its classy to snort stuff just like coke and kate moss, it should help a bit.

but yeah whatever she does dont let her eat it. everytime someone eats morphine or heroin, god faceplams.

The advantage of heroin over morphine is that heroin can cross the blood-brain barrier faster. Other than that, morphine and heroin are virtually identical. Taking heroin orally eliminates this advantage. Basically heroin = morphine when taken orally.

Am I the only one who thought, "jesus is the OP wanting to slip someone an oral OD of heroin?" Lol by no meaning accusing you of that.. it just popped into my head. Maybe I'm a little paranoid tonight. ;-)

I'd agree with the poster who made the car analogy, and also the last poster regarding the blood-brain barrier. Heroin is morphine with a couple of acetyl groups, whose function is to help the molecules cross the blood-brain barrier more easily.

ifonly said:
get her to rail it. the stigma attached to heroin is pretty big and girls especially are susceptible to it. If you mention that its classy to snort stuff just like coke and kate moss, it should help a bit.

but yeah whatever she does dont let her eat it. everytime someone eats morphine or heroin, god faceplams.

lol after she's done snorting you can tell her it's classy to smoke crack and suck your cock cause ey amy winehouse does it too ;)

^
I think it would be like 0.2 - 0.3 grams for your average brown sugar for a person with no to little tolerance

^
yes that's what i'm talking about

basically it's 20 euro's worth of dope (the smallest unit you can get it over here)

toa$t said:
why would you do this? it's like grinding up pot and railing it.
Ah that brings up horrible memories of my friend daring me to snort some weed and I was smart enough to do it. It's a great way to fuck up your nose and it will do nothing but give you green snot.

sonnyluv said:

BTW, what's her name?

i LOVE the comparisons!!! If doing H for the first time is like losing your virginity to Angelina Jolie, i will bite the bullet, and try H for the first time:)