• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Am I Schizophrenic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schizophrenia and Depression are completely different beasts. A person with Schizophrenia will be unable to function without medication. They need to take it.

Those with mild depression can function fine without anti-depressents, personally I was on and off them for years and eventually got over it. However, there is nothing wrong with taking medication if needed.

Paid the same per psychiatric hour, yes, usually. A successful practice takes having return customers. I don't think most psychiatrists are influenced by money that much, but I think an honest assessment will realize that sick people are medicines bread an butter.

There are more than enough genuine cases to fill their schedules.

beamers said:
There are more than enough genuine cases to fill their schedules
Agreed, in some regions some quality psychiatrists have no problem filling their practices with authentically sick people. Ratios of psychiatrists to mentally ill vary quite a bit. Also ratio of patients able to pay to psychiatrists is going to vary as well. I don't contend that financially motivated fraud is even in the top ten of psychiatry's big problems, but its not a non-issue either.

It's very weird but many ppl on this thread mention a poster named Alexa yet there isn't 1 post by that person in this thread.

Is this some kind of imaginary multiperson delusion everyone is having?

Where did all the posts by Alexa go?

I really hate when ppl discuss and then delete their posts.

InTherapy82 said:
I really hate when ppl discuss and then delete their posts.
Many people on Bluelight are frustrated with the effect of deleted posts on threads. When the content creator decides to withdraw their contribution there isn't much we can do.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.