Votes: 34 13.1%
  • Not in a relationship and do

Votes: 61 23.5%
  • In a relationship and do not

Votes: 116 44.6%
  • In a relationship and do

Votes: 49 18.8%

• Total voters
I've always hated condoms, they take away 80% of the feeling and can really kill your momentum when you're into some intense foreplay. Thankfully i'm in a commited relationship and my fiance has the IUD so i'm all good! Not that we used them before. The Vaginal Contraceptive Film is a great thing and i'm not sure why more people don't use or even know about. It's supposed to be more effective than a condom for pregnancy. Obviously not going the help with STD's but for people in relationships they're a godsend.

condoms suck!

I'm in a relationship but even if I wasn't, I don't think I would use them unless she insisted.

That poll is not exactly inclusive.

I just left a seven month relationship where we did not use condoms at all, as we both hated them passionately.

But, if I pick somebody up or get picked up this week then I'm gonna wear a condom, because I live in the UK where something like 25% of the population has chlamydia but is blissfully unaware of that icky fact8)

Damn Brits . . .

Nope...

The relationship I am in, and have been since Feb (time off when she went to rehab) haven't used rubbers since...

...I don't know, after the first week of being together...no other form of BC ether, hmm...
:\

IUD, baby! Best method I've found if you don't mind the slight risks. Nothing to remember, nothing to forget, and it's good for several years.

i didn't vote in the poll b/c i guess i fall under "other." i'm not in a relationship currently and i'm not having sex. however, when in a monogamous relationship, i prefer not to use them (they suck!) but when i'm not in a relationship and do sleep with someone, one is always used. i am on the pill and will continue to use it up until i'm ready to have another child.

ellua said:
IUD, baby! Best method I've found if you don't mind the slight risks. Nothing to remember, nothing to forget, and it's good for several years.

Yep :) The risks really are very minimal. I am latex-sensitive, so can only use the polyurethane condoms. The IUD was the right choice for my partner (mutually monogamous male with whom I live) and me. We have yet to test it out ;) but it's been in place for 6 days and all appears to be well.

If I was not in a monogamous relationship, I would use condoms every time, and have in the past.

animal_cookie said:
i am in a relationship and do not use condoms.

i should add that i have an IUD, so i am not worried about pregnancy. and i have been monogamous for almost a decade.

TechKnow said:
But its so much better without them! Cleanup is easssy.

;)

Disagree and disagree.

Granted I have only had sex once without a condom - and I was drunk ;) but it really wasn't as good as with. It may just be what I'm used to, and hey, I'm quite happy with that :)

and, being gay, I can definitely live without the "clean-up"

cleanup is naaasstty.

CB ;)

cleanup is not easy without condoms.
WHen you have condoms, you roll that thing off and throw it away.

It's all subjective, cleanup is over in 20 seconds in my experience.

Mehhhh.

Jesus, I can't believe that so many of you not in monogamous relationships don't use condoms. This isn't the 60's folks.

There have ever only been two women that I have had sex with without condoms, and that was after we had been dating for months, had both been tested, etc. If I just go around fucking anyone I want bareback, I get freaked out that I will pick something up or have a baby on the way. Fuck that noise.

in a monogamous retationship and do every time.
my sweetie isnt into birthcontrol and we both dont want to risk bringing a baby into this crazy world just yet.

To all the guys who hate condoms: Keep trying different kinds. There's a lot of variety out there in terms of fit and feel; some are definitely much better than others.

I haven't tried them myself, but one friend highly recommends the kind with a 'bulb' for the head of the penis, allowing the head to slide around inside the condom and increasing his sensation. In a similar vein, many men prefer female condoms (a sort of 'sock' device that the woman inserts in her vagina before sex.) They're a little expensive, but research indicates that it's OK to wash them out and re-use them if you wish (they're made with a heavier material than regular condoms.)

I sometimes do. It depends on when I manage to get my hands on polyuerthane. I'm allergic to both latex and spermacide so that kinda cuts down on my condom use.

Mariposa said:
Yep :) The risks really are very minimal. I am latex-sensitive, so can only use the polyurethane condoms. The IUD was the right choice for my partner (mutually monogamous male with whom I live) and me. We have yet to test it out ;) but it's been in place for 6 days and all appears to be well.

If I was not in a monogamous relationship, I would use condoms every time, and have in the past.

yeah, right after insertion it can be a bitch due to unpredictable bleeding but once that passes it's all good.

i think IUDs are an under-rated form of BC, especially as a cost-effective method if your insurance covers it- i paid ~$70-80 to have it put in, and insurance picked up the rest ($~700 i think)- but things like the pill/patch can cost $20-40 each month.

No and I feel guilty about it . . . need 2 get tested (it costs like $65 and is not convienient) and my BF/f-buddy doesn't use 'em either and he should. I always offer my partners a condom and ask them if I should use one. I could very easily get aids 'cause I bleed sometimes.

l have been with my guy for 7 years and we use condoms. The pill has always made me sick.

Yes, I am not in a relationship.

I'm super careful when it comes to these things I don't want a kid (right now, later yes) or an STD