• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Amanita Muscaria - 4th Time - Amanita is Awesome!

BJM

Bluelighter
Speed is of the essence.

Or at least, it was. You see, the last thing that I remember before in engaging in what I believe is amongst the 'true psychedelic potential' of amanita.. I had a curious little vision..
I had my 45min nap after some moderate nausea and extreme tiredness.. got up for a walk around (cos I slept through my whole last 15g trip) and decided I needed some more sleep. I thought to myself 'hey, I just dont reckon most ppl know how to trip properly.. i mean, do they know that the mushroom consiousness is in them..despite whatever chemical name it is given.. do they realised it is a god? an entity?
..and nearly as soon as I thought a few of these thoughts, I found an Amanita in my mind. There was a gnome sitting atop of it. I ipcked the mushroom, the gnome disappeared, and I 'walked through' a door in the Fly agaric. I realised that I had 20g of magical mushroom inside of me, and that I was the shaman in this story. That begins an epic unravelling of time and space. Or re-ravelling.

Although I was both sensible and delirous enough to be imagining the width and breadth of the entire universe in one mental image.. and to talk and explain the epxerience to my g.f.. I will give only the major insights I recieved, for I feel this was a clean and universal template that was being presented.. and was also nice and neat.

Its a deliriant, yeah? Well, after my peak I could not walk without falling over. Not only the visual sense was condensed and slowed (distorted).. but my mind was working so quickly that I understood this new energy to be taking its time in healing my body cells, my mind and my spirit.
I give huge thanks to my g.f who came to lie with me and make sure i was ok. As I began my semi-delirious ramble.. everything came into pure focus. Recentyl vauge concepts became conrete truth. In particular, I was explainign the immense visual that I was having. NOt like psilocye at all- so much CLEANER. And realer. It was my own mind on supercharge, rather than an alien mind infesting me.

I was talking about waves..and wavelengths. In fact, I was physically experincing the polar reality of the universe. Of all things. I could 'see' this polar reality, and many other 'truths' I was considering, as very basic shapes. No grand landscapes of convoluted morpholiges, simply brightligh coloured lego bricks that were my own brain as they were the whole world. There was such basic simplicity in the visions, while being overwhelmingly packed full of meaning an detail.
The whole time I was rambling, and things were becoming clearer and more sensible- there was also a part of me getting quicker, and quicker and quicker. I soon new this to be an aspect the wavelenght phenomena and evetually felt myself humming in tune with the many various realites that I was moving through. With my eyes closed, I couldnt help but feel that I was coming up to the peak.. I started at edges of the conceivable universe.. and slowly, getting quicker I was coming right into tthe centre. Into the centre of me. Into the centre of one dot. One tiny point of focus amidst all the absurdity that is.

I explained to my g.f that shit was gonna get real busy. That I didnt know what was coming, but that it was gonna be ok. I likened it to an implosion. I was the rise and fall of oceans. In the cellular, all pervading sense. As it was coming in.. and folding up.. and condensing down I waondered what would happen as my mind imploded. would here be another direction I would need to unfold out into?
It was endelss. Infinite. The grandest thing, was how easily I was able to concieve of infinity. Something Id previously never been able to do.
Thankyou Amanita.

It was around that stage that I started to wonder if my cellular vibration wasnt just about to hit hyperspace. That distant, speeding collapse.. not unlike the bigbang itself.. crushed down in on me, and then expanded into infinite microscopicness. The world within, is every bit as vast as the world outside. It seems totally viable that I was about to be physically displaced into a new universe.
Instead.. what followed was like this:
My mind was way too fast for my body. This has to be one of the effects that the bersekers capitalised on. HOWEVER, at this dosage I understood my body could not yet handle the vibration of my mind, and instead of experiencing the outer world with an inner hyperspeed, that is when shit got way Delirious!
I just had to get some music on. But I couldnt use the mouse, cos every one click I tried to make, endedup being an involutary 5-6 clicks instead. Walking to the bathroom, I fell over and hit my head on the doorframe very hard. For every 3 seconds I felt present, there was one second that I was somewhere else. Almost like 'blinking' in an out of this reailty, this common wavelength of sahred expereince. I fell ove rmany times on the way to to the toilet, and made myself quite the mess to clean in the morning. lol.

It was pure hell, to have the computer crash half way through Pink floyds ummagumma. The syneshteisa that I expereinced is beyond words. No drug to this day, has allowed me that level of vivid visualisation with music. Vivid, but of a different nature than psilocybe. The kinethesthetic/visual/auditory synesthesia was overwhleming but amazing.
I managed to chop myself a couple of cones, which I nearly dropped several times. Then I did. I packed myself a cone from the floor, scorning my g.f for being so retardedly uselss for me in that state.. and then blanked out twice during that one inhalation. Deliriant indeed.

Um yeah. It was f*ckin radical. To those who just get sick, or feel durnk or whatever.. geez, I dunno what to say. This was every bit as profound as (5dry grams of Psilocybe subaeruginosa+25grams fresh)

I found the Amanita entity to be much more loving, divine and older (than immortal?lol) than the psilocybe. Mush more generous and caring also. Thast was my 4th time. 5-10-15 and last night 20dry grams. They were found growing under oak near a lake. A very magical grove to begin with.

Yeah, I hope ppl read this and throw out all those bullshit reports and decide to find out for themselves.

substancecode_amanitamuscaria
substancecode_amanitas
substancecode_ethnobotanicals

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Hey man, would you like to have this moved or copied to Trip Reports? If so, please specify the dose and what you want the title to be and I'll do it for you. We like to collect good trip reports over there, and this is one of them. :)

Seriously, this report was very interesting and well-described. This was my favorite part:

I explained to my g.f that shit was gonna get real busy. That I didnt know what was coming, but that it was gonna be ok. I likened it to an implosion. I was the rise and fall of oceans. In the cellular, all pervading sense. As it was coming in.. and folding up.. and condensing down I waondered what would happen as my mind imploded. would here be another direction I would need to unfold out into?
It was endelss. Infinite. The grandest thing, was how easily I was able to concieve of infinity. Something Id previously never been able to do.
Thankyou Amanita.

It was around that stage that I started to wonder if my cellular vibration wasnt just about to hit hyperspace. That distant, speeding collapse.. not unlike the bigbang itself.. crushed down in on me, and then expanded into infinite microscopicness. The world within, is every bit as vast as the world outside.

sounds interesting. how was the 'body load'? did you have bad dry mouth as is common with similiar deleriants? and how long was the total trip, and the "hangover," if you experienced one?

very good read, so thanks.

Nice report! I have a hard time eating these compared to psylicybe, which I chew for about 10 minutes before swallowing. Amanita makes me wanna vomit. How do U stomach them?

I once tried cooking them in oatmeal. They grow in the mountains about 40 miles from home in late August, after the summer rains. They like aspen trees.

2244684555_ee86383587_m.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/666ismoney/2244684555/

How many dried shrooms is 20g? Were they large, fully mature shrooms? The brown one, above is mature. These baby, red shrooms were about 50mm accross.

Last edited:
@lazydullard,

No sweats, mouth was fine, and I got over the tummy within 45mins. Once the trip starting getting heavy. Iv since cooked up a cupl of .5g doses, but the smell now makes me heave. I think this is why they'l never be abused and hopefully be legal forever. Im not sue whatis meant by bodyload, but I could barely feel my body. When I did manage to focus on my frame, it felt pretty wonderful. Very light and floaty.
There was quite a hangover, but I never submit to that stuff- instead I went and loaded 5 tonne of granite by hand:) It was a great day in the hills where I work.

@GoddessLSD-XTC,
I have no idea how many. I can guestimate that it is approx 5-7 'palm size' small mushies. I like the oldshcool 'find the pair, and pick the smaller tek'- I think itd help get more bang for ur puke.
My first cupl of visits to the grove found found me a schoolbag full of Amanitas. Half a backpacks worth dried to about 150gm. The other half went very rotten, very quickly. Prone to maggots.
I picked anything that wasn't rotten. The patch called me fore weeks before I finally walked down the strange track to this place. I had no ideas what was there.. I 'asked permission' and felt oddly entitled, so I took the lot. Big, small old and even golden, faded ones.

OMG they were babies, and 50cm across!? holy Jebus! The babies here are more like 50c coins. The largest were around 15cm wide.

OMG they were babies, and 50cm across!? holy Jebus! The babies here are more like 50c coins. The largest were around 15cm wide.

I meant 50mm. Here in Tucson I put 'em on the dashboard of the car in the HOT (100+ degree) sun and they dry fast.

I never ate more than two. Was not sure of the dose or if I should eat the stems too.

It f*cked with my heart 'cause of the Buffotin (spelling) causing it to beat irregularly. Made me feel invincible. They say, if U drink your urine, U'll get high again. One ethnobiologist I met (John Ott, the one who translated or wrote the preface to Albert Hofmann's "Problem Child") prefers these to Psylicibin. Don't remember why I asked him.

Yeah, largest I've seen was about 15cm too.

I think I may try some again . . . been about ten years ago since I was eating them regularly.

Last edited:
^^ Are you trying to say that the bufotenine fucked with your heart? Amanitas don't contain bufotenine... they contain ibotenic acid and muscarine. Ibotenic acid is a neurotoxic, but when you dry them completely as you did, it's converted into muscarine which is what you want.

I don't think any mushrooms contain bufotenine... just some frogs and certain amazonian seeds do to my knowledge.

GoddessLSD-XTC said:
..It f*cked with my heart 'cause of the Buffotin (spelling) causing it to beat irregularly. Made me feel invincible. They say, if U drink your urine, U'll get high again...

My heart likes to do a breakbeat, reggae, acid jazz waltz as it is. It was the brainpain (delrium) and blackouts that were the only big drawback that I experienced. My heart was pretty calm. It was the stuff firing between neurons that was hyperspeed.
I rememeber explaining to my g.f that I had no need for axons and dendrites anymore, as the Amanita was working like chicken soup for my brain cells- I felt mybrain was saturated with something that allowed me to bypass the normal routes and have immediate and total comprehension.

Like a fluid superconductor.

Im fairly sure that not all the ibotenic acid gets converted. If only I had a couple of reindeers handy:)

I really did feel the need to detox afterwards, and made sure to sauna and drink plenty wheatgrass soon after.

First I've heard of it. But a word of warning... don't believe everything you read on Wikipedia.

BJM said:
It was pure hell, to have the computer crash half way through Pink floyds ummagumma. The syneshteisa that I expereinced is beyond words. No drug to this day, has allowed me that level of vivid visualisation with music. Vivid, but of a different nature than psilocybe. The kinethesthetic/visual/auditory synesthesia was overwhleming but amazing.
Awesome report man. That there is my favorite part because I am addicted to finding ways to increase synesthesia. I have a very light case myself but its present and psychedelics definitely have shown me ways to hone into it more with my mind.

Glad to see there are positive Amanita reports every once in a while

I wish I could get the same effects you got from them since them frow literally everywhere where I live. All over my back yard.

i hate amanita muscaria, i eat 4 small mushrooms and nothing....

the only i remember is me in a intensive care with a mechanical respirator , Central venous catheter and Foley probe

never again eat this fucking mushroom

^^ Sounds like you may have gotten a poisonous relative of amanita... be extremely careful when picking wild mushrooms. That goes for any variety. It's really essential to have an experienced mycologist at hand to identify mushrooms you pick before eating them, as deadly varieties exist that look very similar to psychoactive mushrooms, especially amanitas.

drunken_etard said:
I wish I could get the same effects you got from them since them frow literally everywhere where I live. All over my back yard.
you shure their the rite kind?

^^ I agree, it is, but my only point was that amanita muscaria definitely does not contain bufotenine. I don't care what Wikipedia says, it's not true. :)

Just to update a lil..

There came one day recently, when they spoke loudly to me again.. and despite previous nausea at the faintest sight or thought about my bottle of amanita powder.. I cooked up a couple of .5g doses.

The weirdest thing, was how completely I resolved the previous nausea. I actually felt like I had a craving for the taste. SO weird!

Not yet can I get anywhere close to that 20g experience though. Although .7g of dried psilocybe subaeruginosa can easily mimic a level 4-5 breakthrough trip (that first required 7grams) for me, Amanita has not yet allowed me such privileges.
However, I do admit that I was more distracted than previous ventures with Amanita.

I'l launch again soon, with 0.2g during an extended mediation and get back to y'all.